Who are all the permanent models, and when were they on the show?
The list below regards the rotating models who debuted after the departures of Heather, Nikki, and Claudia as "permanent" if they recorded at least 20 episodes over the course of at least three groups of tapings.
- Janice Pennington: September 4, 1972-December 13, 2000
- Anitra Ford: September 4, 1972-December 28, 1976
- Dian Parkinson: November 3, 1975-June 18, 1993
- Holly Hallstrom: February 1977-December 7, 1983; spring 1984-October 27, 1995
- Kathleen Bradley: December 24, 1990-December 13, 2000
- Gena Lee Nolin: May 27, 1994-late 1995 or early 1996
- Chantel Dubay: April 22, 1996-September 20, 1999
- Nikki Ziering: September 20, 1999-September 30, 2002
- Claudia Jordan: February 5, 2001-December 22, 2003, plus MDS 9 on March 27, 2004
- Heather Kozar: May 14, 2001-June 14, 2002
- Brandi Sherwood: September 24, 2002-March 10, 2009
- Shane Stirling: October 15, 2002-October 30/16, 2008
- Lisa Gleave: October 29, 2002-April 3/June 26, 2003
- Jennifer England: November 15, 2002-April 3/June 26, 2003
- Rachel Reynolds: June 6, 2003-present
- Gabrielle Tuite: November 13, 2003-December 8, 2008
- Teri Harrison: December 1, 2003-June 8, 2005
- Lanisha Cole: December 23, 2003-January 7, 2011/November 19, 2010
- Rebecca Mary Pribonic: January 13, 2004-January 4, 2006
- Starr Campbell: May 21, 2004-February 16, 2005
- Gwendolyn Osborne-Smith: March 31, 2005-October 17, 2017
- Phire Dawson: Alternate November 3, 2005-December 8, 2008
- Tamiko Nash: November 27/5, 2007-January 16, 2009
- Amber Lancaster: March 24, 2008-present
- Manuela Arbelaez: April 1, 2009-present
- Rob Wilson: November 21/19, 2012-April 15, 2014
- James O'Halloran: January 22/February 26, 2014-present
Kyle Aletter-Oldham also deserves to be mentioned here. She was never a permanent part of the cast, but she appeared very frequently as a fill-in during the late ‘80s and early ‘90s and could reasonably be regarded as the "official substitute Beauty" during that period. Additionally, Daniel Goddard from The Young and the Restless appeared on the show on a semi-regular basis throughout Season 40 and early Season 41.
Thanks go to our member BillA for some of these dates.
- A model named Harriet whose last name is unknown appeared briefly at the very beginning of the '70s nighttime run. The nighttime show is also known to have used additional models later on, including Janice’s sister Ann Pennington.
- Dian first appeared in April 1975, when she filled in for Anitra for three shows. She spent most of the summer and part of the fall of that year filling in for Anitra before joining the show permanently as its third model. From August 19 onward, she actually wore a brunette wig in an attempt to make viewers think she was Anitra. Anitra had returned by October 27, 1975, the last week of shows before the hour conversion.
- While Dian was Anitra's only fill-in on the daytime show, she actually shared that role with several other models on the nighttime run.
- A model named Barbara whose last name is unknown appeared along with Janice and Dian for the week of September 8-12, 1975, to help out with the then-experimental hour format. By the time the show expanded to an hour permanently, Anitra had returned from the leave she was on; Dian joined the show permanently when the expansion occurred.
- Holly first appeared soon after Anitra left; she and two other models spent late December '76, January '77, and early February '77 as try-outs. One of the other try-outs was a woman named Linda Serine.
- Holly left the show late in 1983 to pursue an acting career; it didn't pan out, though, and she was only gone for a few months. During her absence, the most frequent substitute was a model named Di.
- Dian's last show was the Season 21 finale; the episode was evidently taped out of order so that she could appear on it, as she is present on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday that week, but not on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Gena took (and returned from) a leave of absence early in Season 24 before leaving permanently. During this period, Cindy Margolis frequently filled in for her.
- The date for Holly's last show is accurate, despite the fact that she appeared in two new shows the following week; the shows that aired on October 30 and 31 were actually delayed from October 3 and 12.
- Chantel also appeared briefly during an audition period in 1994.
- The date for Janice and Kathleen's last show is accurate, despite the fact that they appeared the next day on a new episode; that show was actually delayed from October 18.
- Heather did not appear on The Price Is Right Salutes #4, which aired the night before her final show.
- Claudia appeared in a single episode in 2004 -- $1,000,000 Spectacular 9. It was taped late in 2003 but didn't air until March 27, 2004.
- Brandi also auditioned in 2001 just before Heather was hired.
- CBS's war coverage caused several episodes from March and April of 2003 to be delayed until after the season finale; as such, I've listed both the intended and actual airdates of Lisa and Jennifer's last episode.
- Prior to joining the rotation, Lanisha also filled in for Claudia several times, with February 28, 2003 being her earliest appearance.
- Rebecca goes by the stage name “Rebecca Mary.”
- Tamiko's first show was broadcast drastically out of order; as such, I've listed both when it was supposed to air and when it actually aired.
- Tamiko first appeared on CBS on November 2, 2007, on another show that was broadcast drastically out of order; it was really the December 14 episode.
- Shane's last episode was aired early, as were most of the episodes surrounding it; as such, I've listed both its intended and actual airdates.
- Manuela first appeared during a model search on October 20, 2008; ironically, while competitor Amanda Shiflett won the search's voting and apppeared on a week's worth of shows the next January, Manuela was the one who ultimately became a permanent Barker's Beauty.
- Lanisha's last episode was aired early, as was the rest of that week of shows; as such, I've listed both its intended and actual airdates.
- The episodes in the week of Rob's first show were shuffled around; as such, I've listed both its intended and actual airdates.
- Rob first appeared on CBS during the week of October 15-19, 2012, which was produced and aired drastically out of order; it was actually intended for January 7-11, 2013.
- James's first episode as a permanent Beauty was aired out of order; as such, I've listed both its intended and actual airdates.
- Prior to joining the cast permanently, James also appeared on the show on December 8, 2014, to be introduced as the winner of a male model search; for the week of December 15-19, 2014, as an award for winning that model search; and on December 31, 2014, when he and the other finalists from the model search modeled the prizes for Clock Game.
If you're looking for a full listing of all of the model temps from Season 29 onward, complete with airdates, check out the pages for the appropriate years on Scorpz's website. (Note that his lists do not include $1,000,000 Spectaculars.)
Who were the models on The New Price Is Right from 1994?
The Davidson version had three models – Julie Cialini, Ferrari Farris, and Lisa Stahl.
What was Janice's camera accident?
During the many years she was with the show, it was traditionally Janice’s duty to hand Bob his microphone at the top of the hour. On the October 7, 1988 show, an inexperienced cameraman swung his camera the wrong way during the opening, hitting Janice and knocking her into the audience. She was injured quite badly and had to be taken to the hospital for surgery. The taping only resumed around an hour later, after the paramedics had assured the staff that Janice wasn’t going to die and a replacement had been called in to cover for the understandably traumatized cameraman. The pre- and post-accident portions of the opening were pieced together rather well; the only indications that anything had gone wrong are a jump in the music and Bob receiving his microphone from Holly.
Janice was not able to work for several months, but as the incident happened in June, shortly before the summer taping break, she only missed 24 shows. After the episode with the accident, where Dian and Holly worked by themselves, Kyle subbed for her until she was able to return on the November 10 episode.
While she made a full recovery, Janice was no longer able to model swimsuits after the accident, as her surgeries had left some nasty scars on her shoulder.
Did the show ever use a male model before Season 40?
Yes, at least once; there was an unidentified male model in the first showcase on November 16, 1992. Additionally, announcers have modeled various things over the years (moreso since the beginning of Season 39), and four men were used as the Barker's Beauties as part of an April Fool's stunt on April 1, 2010, with the real Barker's Beauties filling various other roles throughout the episode.
Click here to return to the FAQ's main menu.