Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/19/2009  (Read 17647 times)

Offline gr8daynegb

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/19/2009
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
I just want someone to say El Cheapo the next time we see an "05" on the money game board

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:40:36 PM »
Boy I tell you what, I sure was expecting a lot of winners today. It seemed after the first Showcase Showdown it just dropped off until the showcases. Speaking of the showcases, I really thought they were gonna put like a corvette, or a porsche, or even a viper at the end. But hey that was nice way to end the showcases with a trip to the Daytona 500. Has anyone else noticed that they seem to suddenly have great prize combinations in the showcases? I mean today there was a NASCAR-like theme, and last week we even had a Vegas showcase that included private jet transportation.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »
I'm guessing 88JRFAN was quite happy about the second showcase. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Virginia and Lana
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
Hey, we finally got Plinko first again!  I kinda miss the audience entrances, but it was sort of interesting to see them lowering the Race Game Curtain after Drew's entrance.

Yay!  Make Your Move!  And sixth, no less!

Drew wasn't exactly Bob Barker today...but damn, he was still a lot better.  He seemed like he gave a damn for most of the show, he entered normally, and he even did the Showcase reveal pretty well.  He did the "dramatic" IUFB reveal so many times that it stopped being dramatic and just became annoying, but if the Christmas shows were any indication, that must not have lasted all that long.  So much the better for everyone involved if he can keep performing at least this well.

And this obviously has nothing to do with the show itself...but for some reason, my VCR recorded with no sound this morning.  Weird.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »
Plinko:  Not too good this time.
Flip Flop:  Good job! :-)
Let 'Em Roll:  Boy, was that close to 5 cars in 1 roll, but still a great win! :-D  I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time someone won the car on Let 'Em Roll since they started using the new dice.
Switch?:  Rats! :-(  I thought the pool table would've been more expensive than the purse/shoes package.
Money Game:  Tough loss after getting the front end of the car on the first pick. :-(
Make Your Move:  Too bad! :-(
Showcases:  Did they have the cards with the ARPs in the right podiums?  I didn't think Kelsey's showcase would be that expensive nor did I think Virginia would be over.

Overall, an okay show, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »
Personally I thought it didn't seem like Drew cared that much today, especially in the beginning.  His suspensful dragouts in the bidding rounds just became really annoying after a while.  Otherwise, he was good today.

The name confusion between Rose and Rosa was funny.  I wish Drew played off it a little bit more.

I couldn't believe switching was wrong in Switch?  Over $3,000 for a pair of shoes and a purse?  My word.  I sort of wish they'd only use the designer clothes/accessories as IUFBs and in Showcases because they're just odd and out of place in pricing games IMO when pricing them against more standard prizes.

Couldn't they have found a nicer cart for the PS3 and the game in the 2nd showcase?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 04:13:39 AM »
Was anyone else surprised and disappointed that showcase #2, a car-themed showcase, mind you, did not have an actual car in it?  That's got to be a letdown for most contestants.  That's the second time I remember the show doing that this season.  I really hate it.  Roger didn't seem to like it much, either.  Seriously, don't hype up a car in a showcase that isn't going to have an actual car!

Having said that, considering Virginia's freak-out reaction to Kelsey winning the showcase, I can't imagine that it bothered her, specifically, too much ;).  Seriously, even though Kelsey was excited about winning, Virginia seemed even more excited about Kelsey winning!

I really hate Drew's ultra-dramatic price reveals of the items up for bids.  It's really annoying, it comes across as unnatural, and... well, it's just items up for bids.  Not showcases.  Though even for the showcases, those reveals would be too over the top.

I actually thought Rosa had won Make Your Move.  This must've been a cheaper than usual snowmobile today.  While I'm at it, yay for Make Your Move sixth!

Yay for Erica ignoring the audience in Flip Flop and winning because of it!

And... well, Kelsey didn't ignore the audience, but she threatened them nicely, anyway :).

Quote from: Wayoshi
-Pl!nko: Dangit, we can't get a win out of this anymore?

"Anymore"?  We haven't even gotten a first win yet!

Quote from: Wayoshi
It's been termed the "Smeghead Gambit", so it definitely happened before.

No... the first three bidders bidding anything under $400 gets that term.  It doesn't have to be $1, and it doesn't have to be the first bidder, so no, it doesn't answer Fiery's question.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 06:28:16 AM »
No... the first three bidders bidding anything under $400 gets that term.  It doesn't have to be $1, and it doesn't have to be the first bidder, so no, it doesn't answer Fiery's question.
Then why did Joe term it the exact same thing in this very thread, with other bids >$1500?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:53 AM »
*bangs head on keyboard*

Because she was one of the first three bidders and she bid less than $400!  Did you even read what you quoted from me?!

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
I think he thought that you meant all 3 of the first 3 bidders bidding anything less than $400,
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:54:26 PM by Joe_Capitano »
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline cargobear

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
I was near the front of the line for the taping of this show--my first visit back since 2003, and it was different, yet almost as much fun as before. Make your move took MUCH longer in studio, they chopped that way down. Other than that, it was a great day--and week at CBS!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
Could you describe what happened?  Did Rosa keep changing her mind or did she take a very long time to poll the audience?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:00:18 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »
Did you even read what you quoted from me?!
I read it as all three bidders had to go under $400. :oops: :-?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
I thought it was cool to see the Race Game Curtain drop behind Drew...Man, I never expected them to show that!

I just want someone to say El Cheapo the next time we see an "05" on the money game board

They haven't used that name since Bob retired. Or "front and back" either.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 03:38:18 PM »
They haven't used [the] name ["El Cheapo"] since Bob retired. Or "front and back" either.

You've completely missed Gr8's point.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.