Author Topic: New Clock Game info  (Read 4314 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
New Clock Game info
« on: August 31, 2006, 12:39:08 AM »
Just check its FAQ entry.  You can thank Sally and Roger.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New Clock Game info
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 12:48:47 AM »
Ok, call me stupid and blind, but I don't see what new info there is.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 12:54:03 AM »
It starts with a "D" and ends with "but".

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »
From the FAQ Section of Golden-Road.net:

Debut: September 11, 1972; 6th game to debut.

Did I get it right?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 01:10:16 AM »
Well, it appears that's the only new information I noticed, and probably the most important note regarding Clock Game.  It'd help sort out some of those Bullseye I/2-Player Auction questions.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »
Yes, the premiere date is the info Steve is referring to, and it's an astounding piece of information.  Who knew Clock Game premiered over a whole month earlier than previously supposed, and this lays the question to rest about it coming before 2-Player Bullseye.  Obviously, it did not.

Now, a few new quesions arise from this.  One, is the episode in the trading circut deemed the Clock Game premiere really the game's premiere?  And two, if 2-Player Bullsye was not created before Clock Game, why the heck did they ever try 2-Player Bullseye?  The argument of it being a saviour to Bullseye doesn't really stand anymore since the obviously-superiour format came around first.

And a third one that's really out there.  If Clock Game debuted on the sixth daytime episode, which was definetly taped before the sixth James episode, why then did they play double Double Prices on the sixth James episode if Clock Game existed at that point?  My original reasoning for that was becasuse there were no other two-prize games in the rotation at that time.  Since there apparantly was one, why they would have played double Double Prices doesn't make any since, unless it was for time constraints or the format was already done in one of the previous five episodes (which wouldn't surprise me) and they just played it again instead of playing Clock Game.

Nevertheless, I extend my thanks to Sally and the Dob on bringing this to light.  It's amazing just how early in the run this game was introduced.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 10:35:42 AM »
D'oh, ok that shows how much I pay attention to the FAQ section and what the debuts are.  Geez, I feel so idiotic.  Hehe.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
This is great news!

One question then...since Clocky debuted at the start of the second week, does that mean that both Bullseye I and Clocky were in the roatation at the same time?  And it's safe to assume that Bullseye I, Clocky, and 2 Player Bullseye never all existed in the rotation at the same time?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 01:45:41 PM »

tpirfan28 wrote:
since Clocky debuted at the start of the second week, does that mean that both Bullseye I and Clocky were in the roatation at the same time?

Yep

tpirfan28 wrote:
And it's safe to assume that Bullseye I, Clocky, and 2 Player Bullseye never all existed in the rotation at the same time?

Pretty safe, it all depends on how fast they got rid of Bullseye and how quickly they introduced 2-Player Bullseye.  Even then, it doesn't seem likely that both games would have existed at the same time.

Now that I'm thinking of it, the introduction of Clock Game is no way looking like it was intended to save Bullseye.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2006, 03:01:32 PM »

Nick wrote:
Pretty safe, it all depends on how fast they got rid of Bullseye and how quickly they introduced 2-Player Bullseye.  Even then, it doesn't seem likely that both games would have existed at the same time.

Now that I'm thinking of it, the introduction of Clock Game is no way looking like it was intended to save Bullseye.

I think you are right.  I bet it was intended as the first mulit-prizer in the rotation, not as the replacement to Bullseye.

I'm going to make a wild stab in the dark on this one though...with the new info we have.  Clocky premired 6th, with no games retired yet.  My bet is that 5PT premired, Bullseye was retired, 2 Player Bullseye premired, then Most Expensive (puts 5PT 7th, 2P Bull 8th, ME 9th).  Only logic on that is that there would be a minimum of two car games to be played (Any/5PT), since Bullseye and 2 Player Bullseye probably never co-existed.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »
Boy Steve, I need to get my pricing game information somewhere else. Here after all of this time I thought Clock Game Debuted later in Season 1 as a 3 attempt at fixing Bullseye I. And of course look where I got my info: http://gscentral.net/clock.htm

But now I've learned my lesson. Plus I know something else he wrote that was false. It's quite a bit off-topic, but he had said when Wheel of Fortune moved to the Sony Studios that the puzzle board design they used on the first show of the season was brand new. And if you're a Wheel watcher like me, you would've known the puzzle board that was used that day was simply the one they used when they were on location. This was back in the old turn-letter puzzle board days, before they just simply did replicas of the touch-letter board to use on location.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
Very interesting news.  I'm quite surprised about that.  

So what's the story about the super thick Clock Game board? Could it have eventually taken the base from Bullseye?  

Also, I too question the debut date for Clock Game.  Bob doesn't mention anything about a new game, he just says "your favorite pricing games", which would imply that it's been played before.   :-?

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 06:43:13 PM »
Well, I remember an episode where Bob asked Roger regarding if 'Clocky' was one of the 'first five'. Bob later remarked that it was #6...

Can anyone confirm this?
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 08:09:01 PM »
Sally and Roger can (unless you're wondering about that particular episode).