Author Topic: Happy 34th Birthday, New Price is Right!!!  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Happy 34th Birthday, New Price is Right!!!
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:27:01 PM »
It was exactly 34 years TO THIS DATE that The New Price is Right debuted in 1972 (Gambit and The Joker's Wild debuted as well. Ahhh, the good ol'days when they debuted new shows on Labor Day!  :-o ) Happy 34th Birthday TPiR, and here's to (hopefully) many more years of success!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline GrandGame1440

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Happy 34th Birthday, New Price is Right!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »
Very amazing achievement, & looks like Mr. City has posted clips from this episode as well.  Very cool, happy anniversary!!

Offline dunph

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:14 PM »
From "A fortune is fabulous prizes may go to these people today, if they know when "The Price Is Right, " to "From The Bob Barker Studio at CBS Television City in Hollywood, and in two weeks, the 35th season of Television's Most Exciting Hour of Fantastic Prizes, The Fabulous 60 Minute Price Is Right."

And it's still on the air.

Offline DarkBaron

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:18:38 PM »
OMG Clips from the 1st PIR!!!  Thanks Mr. City! You rock!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:19:42 PM »
34 Years and we're still truckin' like it's 1972. Happy Anniversary TPIR and the hopes of a spectacular and an amazing 35th anniversary season!!!! :D

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:35:00 PM »
What have we here?  Let's see, the first car that was offered in "The Price is Right" was a $2000+ Chevy Vega.  These days, the most expensive car ever offered on the show was an $86,000+ Viper; that was offered (and won!) in the Season 34 opener.

The years surely have flown by.  Keep it up; I'd like to see this show go on forever!!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:40:10 AM »
I never got to see that first Price show because our CBS affiliate (then WAGA/ch. 5) ran the Jerry Lewis Telethon that day, so all of CBS's daytime fare was bumped. I finally saw it some ten years ago via the trading circuit.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
Happy birthday Price is Right!  For 34 years, you have entertained all of us at Golden Road.net.  Keep on truckin Price is Right for another 34.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 03:24:30 PM »
Here's to another 34 years!!!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace