Author Topic: October 9, 2006: The Debut of Stack the Deck  (Read 1957 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
October 9, 2006: The Debut of Stack the Deck
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
*See Carlos' message at the top of this forum*

This was the first of two pricing games to debut in Season 35.  This week also featured some interesting events, including a sub-$12,000 showcase on October 10 (which resulted in BRB_TheFireball getting a QSW/Blitz in that day's CSS) and on October 13, the final playing of Hit Me.

The only things that changed in the two years the game has been with us are the larger font on the grocery labels (the ones here were hard for Bob to read), and the way the numbers light up when the contestant asks for a free number.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:30:37 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: October 9, 2006: The Debut of Stack the Deck
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
Great find! Now I hope someone can find the debut of the other new game from Season 35, More or Less.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
I have this episode on tape! This was a great show--inasfar as the game lineup was concerned because we got two of the longer car games on the show in Deck and Pocket Change, which was played 4th and still got a SP game in Cliffy (played 5th)!

The sad reality is there  probablyain't no way we'll get a lineup like we saw in this particular episode again--not with the time constraints being what they are.

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »
This was one of the episodes I requested and it's great to see that it was posted. I've also asked for the final playing of hit me. Otherwise, a great win here, I wouldn't choose the second number to be free, but a friendly 0 at the end helped save the game.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »
I can't watch it. It says embedding disabled by request.

From the sticky at the top of this board:

We've gotten a great deal of videos added here lately where the YouTube user doesn't allow direct linking to other sites. As a result, many people are posting messages saying, "I can't see the video," or "The video no longer works," when in fact, it does work, but it just can't be seen by clicking on the video here.

What you should do in that case is to double-click on the video, which will open the video in a new window, and from there, you should be able to watch, provided the video hasn't been completely removed from YouTube for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:42:18 PM by temptation1979ga »
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 07:24:13 PM »
*See Carlos' message at the top of this forum*

;)
Signatures are overrated.