Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 3: A Salute to Bob Barker (GRAND FINALE!)  (Read 24711 times)

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 3: A Salute to Bob Barker (SCSD2)
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2009, 01:43:37 PM »
20 and 8, Ted. Staying on 55 cents and up, if it's 50 then I'll opt for a spinoff.
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
(wheel beeps)

You need to beat 50 cents to get into the Showcase, and I think you might've done it.

And you don't want to spin again, do you? Well, you're going to the Showcase, but first, I want to show you one of the best Showcase Showdowns in history. I, for one, love it when all three players get a dollar, and then the last one gets the dollar again. Here it is.

Quote from: Bob Barker
(Showcase Showdown: Everybody Wins!)

20 cents, where's that 80? Here comes 80... (wheel lands on 80-cent space)...you got it!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(cheers and applause)

Right over there, Robbie, right over there. Spin that wheel, Jennifer! It's that easy to win $1,000 and get a Bonus Spin. Now I see in your future--Go, go! (wheel lands on dollar) A dollar!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(cheers and applause)

Right over there. Come on, Wendy, let's make it all three. What? You bet, go on that and then you can do it while you're spinning. You need 85 cents. Where's that 85 cents? Here it is! (wheel lands on 85-cent space) We got it!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(cheers and applause)

All right, Wendy, right over here! Wendy...Robbie, you're right--oh, you're at the wheel. You're at the wheel. Now, Wendy, there it is, go for it. You beat 70 cents, you'll be in the Showcase, but you want to get...you want to get that dollar if you can--Go...(wheel lands on dollar)...you got it!

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(wild cheers and applause)

$10,000, and $1,000! $11,000 total, and a spot in the Showcase. Oh, what a day!

(Dig We Must 2007)

You can say that again, Bob! Of course, we'll have the Showcases, and somebody could win lots of nice prizes on our special tribute to Bob Barker. We'll be back after this!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 3: A Salute to Bob Barker (SHOWCASE)
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »
(Alene faints upon winning her Showcase!)

You win, Alene! (she faints) You have won...(as Bob tries to revive her, podium flashes difference of $2,218, then winning total of $11,088)

Hey, welcome back to The Price is Right, everybody! The top winner is pathfinder20, and our runner-up is Daniel. Each of you will have a Showcase of beautiful prizes to bid on, and the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over will win it. But if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, we will give you both Showcases! (cheers and applause) I hope we don't see something like this. Take a look.

(2006: One of the Worst Endings Ever!)

34 years on the air. Only 71 times, including this one, have we not had at least one game won. Are we goning to top it off with a Double Overbid? Never! Never!

CONTESTANT: No! No!

$24,450 is your bid. Actual retail price: $22,841!

MRRRRRRRRP!/Losing Horns

It's a Double Overbid!

(audience booing)

I simply will not allow a Double-Overbid to happen on this show! Now guys, let's take a look at this!

(2003 Showcase Cue)

RICH: This Showcase features prizes revealed as we take you on a journey to a wonderful place called the Great Outdoors! And it all starts with a setup of your own open-air cinema with this outdoor entertainment system! (Rachel models it) (applause) This outdoor entertainment system from Sony includes a silver screen, stereo speakers with Dolby Surround Sound and wireless TV remote. Next, go hiking in the wild with some camping equipment! (Brandi models it) (applause) From the Oregon Camping Company, this camping equipment set includes a foldaway tent, four sleeping bags, a portable electric stove and a first-aid kit. And the next time you get lost, instead of having to fumble for a map, how about simply looking down at the LCD screen on your GPS navigation system? (Lanisha models it) (applause) This Garmin GPS navigation system accurately gives out directions, and includes memory storage for your destinations. Finally, when you rough it in the Great Outdoors, you need something rugged to do it in, like this new Jeep! (Rachel, Brandi and Lanisha walk up to it) (cheers and applause) This Jeep Liberty features the legendary Jeep ruggedness, as well as the modern convenience features you desire. Comes with standard features, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 4-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with Sirius Satellite radio, power moonroof and engine block heater. And this Showcase, featuring prizes revealed as we invite you to enjoy the Great Outdoors, can be yours if the price is right!

Well, pathfinder20, you now have the option of bidding on this Showcase or passing it to Daniel. What would you like to do?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 02:34:40 PM by Teddy »

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
I am going to pass: I have three cars already.  :oldlol:

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »
OK, Daniel, this is your Showcase. What do you bid?

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »
Well, I'd first like to say that I have NEVER won a Showcase legitimately - I got blasted by a sub-$10,000 one and got it through a hosting error by Bully.

*Hannah holds up two fingers*

...Ted, I'll say $22,222. *Hannah: DON'T SUCK!*
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
Very well, $22,222 is your bid.

Daniel

DING!

Now, pathfinder20, here is your Showcase!

(jazzy Showcase theme, with muted trumpet as lead)

RACHEL: This Showcase contains prizes revealed as we tell you about some prizes you can win on this special tribute to Bob Barker. First, I think you'd like to see The Price is Right while enjoying a nice, cold drink being served at this barset!

(applause)

RICH: This barset features the finest oak finish, plus stools and a storage area for your glasses and pitchers.

LANISHA: And while you're sipping your icy-cold drink, I'll bet you'd love a tasty treat to go along with it, and it would come from the next prize, which is this fabulous popcorn cart!

(applause)

RICH: From Boardwalk Classics, this popcorn cart has all the vintage charm of the 1930s.

BRANDI: Now, I don't know if you live near the water or not, but if you do, then you're in luck, because here is a prize that I'm sure you'd want to have: It's a new sailboat!

(applause)

RICH: From the Chesapeake Boat Company, this sailboat is lightweight and is built with a sturdy frame to withstand damage from hurricanes.

RACHEL: One of our favorite things to do on The Price is Right is to model these prizes, which a lot of people could use one of every now and then...

BRANDI: ...like this wonderful trip to Miami!

(cheers and applause)

RICH: You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Miami for a six-night stay at the South Beach Grand Hotel. Enjoy the luxury amenities that await you, all while taking in the awesome view of the Miami cityscape. Close to many different Miami attractions, and daily continental breakfast included.

RACHEL: Our final prize is a really nice one, and we're always the happiest when we see someone win it on our shows.

LANISHA: Of course, we're talking about this new car!

(cheers and applause)

RICH: A Pontiac G6, taking the family sedan to a whole new level. Now driving doesn't have to be boring anymore. Comes with standard features, 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine with 4-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with XM Satellite Radio, power moonroof, rear deck spoiler and engine block heater.

RACHEL: And this Showcase...

LANISHA: ...which contains prizes revealed...

BRANDI: ...as we pay tribute to everyone's favorite host, Bob Barker...

ALL THREE: ...can be yours if the price is right!

That was a real treat today, giving the models speaking roles! How about that! Now, I would like to have your bid on this Showcase, pathfinder20.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 03:42:12 PM by Teddy »

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
I am going to Bid $34,567.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
And you bid $34,567.

pathfinder20

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

OK, we'll be back with the Showcase results, but first, we have a clip of one of the biggest winners in Price is Right history. Let's go back to the Season 35 premiere and relive that moment again.

(September 18, 2006: Vickyann's Record-Breaking Performance)

Maria, you have bid $35,000 on your Showcase, and the actual retail price is: $33,089.

MRRRRRRRRP!

You are over, and Vickyann, if you don't go over, you're a winner. You bid $89,500 on your Showcase, and Vickyann, the actual retail price of your Showcase is: $89,739, you win both Showcases!

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP!

(wild cheers and applause)

(TPIR Theme 1972)

Both Showcases! You have won $147,517. Vickyann is the biggest winner in Price is Right history, daytime! $147,517. Bob Barker reminding you, help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 3: A Salute to Bob Barker (GRAND FINALE!)
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:55 PM »
And here we go with the Showcase results! Daniel, I'd like to start with you. You bid $22,222, and the actual retail price of your Showcase is: $28,685, for a difference of...

Daniel

DING!

...$6,463. (applause) Now, pathfinder20, you must be closer than that without going over in order to win your Showcase. Your bid is $34,567. Actual retail price: (low, sad voice) $33,451...

pathfinder20
OVER

MRRRRRRRRP!

You're over; Daniel wins!

Daniel

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Daniel, you have won $35,760 in cash and prizes. Congratulations, you did it! Now, I want to leave you with one more Barker moment. It comes at the close of his last show. Take a look at this.

(June 15, 2007: Bob's Final Sign-Off)

Now folks, I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years. I am deeply grateful. And please remember, help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!

Thank you, Bob, for those wonderful memories! And do what he said, get your pets spayed or neutered, because it's the right thing to do. We'll see you next time on The Price is Right. Goodbye, everybody!

(end credits roll)

RICH: This is Rich Fields speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
RICH: This is Rich Fields speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia Mark Goodson production!

Fixed, for the true spirit of the Barker era. Great idea, and great show, Teddy! Love the little momentous quotes in there, ah, they all seem to have been said on CBS but yesterday...
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »
Fixed, for the true spirit of the Barker era. Great idea, and great show, Teddy! Love the little momentous quotes in there, ah, they all seem to have been said on CBS but yesterday...

You were right, prizes22, but if you wanted to get really nostalgic, you could've added Bill Todman's name to Rich's closing line and made it "a Mark Goodson-Bill Todman production".

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this historic episode; BRB_TheFireball (or, if you want to, just "Fireball") for the inspiration to add a retrospective clip show (see his tenth episode for the details); the various posters who added the great clips to the TPIR Video Collection, as well as Carlos (temptation1979ga), who's always adding his own terrific clips to his Video Vault; GoldenBulldog for the Research Randomizer suggestion (even though I decided to go with a very similar randomizing website instead!); and Frank15 for allowing the show to continue without any further controversy, even after what happened in the first Showcase Showdown. I'm happy that pathfinder20 opened the show by winning three cars in Triple Play, and also that Daniel notched unexpected wins in his pricing game and the Showcases. However, I'm very disappointed that GoldenBulldog lost More or Less on the first prize; it was the second time that a pricing game wipeout has occurred in my HYO series (of course, the first one was Golden Road on my debut episode, and even today, it still hurts like hell!). Soon I'll be working on a script for Episode 4, so be on the lookout for that.

OK, I'm done here. The floor is now open to you, and you're more than welcome to share your own personal thoughts, as well as your favorite Barker moments as presented on my show!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:44:22 AM by Teddy »

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »
...Whaba? HOLY CRAP! I won? I WON? YES!
=======================================
*post-show, Daniel sits in a chair to fill out the forms* ...How in the world was that Showcase an "unexpected win" for you? I can understand the pinball machine ($5475 just "looked like a price", to paraphrase Mark Goodson), but......yeah.

Hannah: And...?

Daniel: And thank you, my child. *kisses her forehead* $22,222 was lucky indeed...and now we have... *looks at the papers* $1600 worth of NFL Collection football jerseys-

Hannah: Uh...yeah. Pointless to have, really - and besides that, father, you've said before that your only favourite sports team is the New York Nads.

Daniel: GO NADS! ...Anyway, I'm taking everything I win, my dear - maybe I can get some cash for those jerseys on Ebay...

I also won the Boardwalk Classics pinball machine, the Sony outdoor entertainment system - with the silver screen and all that stuff - the Oregon Camping Company camping equipment, the not-as-useful-as-the-one-on-my-cellphone Garmin GPS navigation system, and that magnificent Jeep Liberty with all the STUFF.

Hannah: ...Can I drive the Jeep?

*Daniel smiles* Yes, my dear Hannah...I've been wanting to get you a car. Who cares if you're thirteen? You're legally able to drive and participate here, so there you go. *hands the filled-out papers to Ted, then gets up and leaves with Hannah*

*smiles* ...My dear Hannah, you may not realize it - but today I may have just broken the Benfield family curse.
=======================================
Hey, Ted, that was a great show. And my family really DID have a sort of "curse" in that nobody would ever win any contests we entered - and when we did, it was never the top prize...hence, why I stated how I may have broken that.

Oh, and by the way - could you post the winners' list, please?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:55:57 PM by WarioBarker »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 04:21:53 PM »
You wanted it, you got it! Here's a complete list of the prizes offered on the show:

IUFB 1: HDTV ($2,300)/Won by pathfinder20

PG 1: Triple Play (WIN!)
Toyota Corolla ($15,695)
Buick LaCrosse ($23,610)
Lincoln MKZ ($35,480)

IUFB 2: Drums ($1,900)/Won by Flerbert419

PG 2: Trader Bob (WIN!)
GRAND PRIZE: Dining Room Group ($3,450)
BASE PRIZE: Mop ($21)
PAIR 1:  Burger Phone ($30)/ Mouse Pad ($15)
PAIR 2:  Iron ($45)/ Board Game ($24)
PAIR 3:  Gumball Machine ($36)/ Popcorn Maker ($50)

IUFB 3: Wine Cooler ($2,150)/Won by 88JRFAN

PG 3: 2 for the Price of 1 (LOSS)
Trip to Rome ($7,450)
Digital Camera ($589)

IUFB 4: Baker's Rack ($1,375)/Won by wpghi5

PG 4: Barker's Bargain Bar (WIN!)
Laptop ($1,999)
Billiards Table ($2,540)

IUFB 5: Football Jerseys ($1,600)/Won by Daniel

PG 5: Coming or Going (WIN!)
Pinball Machine ($5,475)

IUFB 6: Karaoke Machine ($1,250)/Won by GoldenBulldog

PG 6: More or Less (WIPEOUT)
Camcorder ($795)
Guitars ($1,600)
Home Gym ($2,250)
Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder ($24,390)

SHOWCASE 1/Won by Daniel
Outdoor Entertainment System ($3,800)
Camping Equipment ($2,750)
GPS Navigation System ($1,300)
Jeep Liberty ($20,835)
TOTAL: $28,685

SHOWCASE 2/Lost by pathfinder20 (OVERBID)
Barset ($1,500)
Popcorn Cart ($1,835)
Sailboat ($2,849)
Trip to Miami ($5,800)
Pontiac G6 ($21,467)
TOTAL: $33,451

NOTE: I had originally intended to play Bonkers as the fifth pricing game (as per my original script that was sent to Frank15), but I figured that the setup for that game would be too easy, given the pinball machine's price, so I subbed in Coming or Going to allow a more challenging setup.