Author Topic: IMPORTANT PLAYOFF INFO (Updated 5/22) GOOD NEWS!!!!!  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
IMPORTANT PLAYOFF INFO (Updated 5/22) GOOD NEWS!!!!!
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »
The CSS playoffs are starting soon!  They will start on Thursday, June 1st, meaning that there is only 1 week remaining in the season as of this week.  The minimum amount of games for playoff eligibility (Above the Line) will be 60.

The reason for the early start is to make room for preemptions, and if we need to postpone games because a player is not in the chatroom on the day they must play in a game, we can do so.  On May 29, 30 and 31, there will be just-for-fun games; after the playoffs... see below!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: IMPORTANT PLAYOFF INFO (Updated 5/12)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS!!! (Not concerning car insurance)

Maybe you are long out of contention for the playoffs.  Maybe you will just miss making the playoffs.  Or, maybe you are new to the game, and would like a chance to compete for "real".  Here's your chance!

Instead of playing just-for-fun games after the playoffs, I have decided to coordinate a two-week long championship, running from June 12-23.  Though not as prestigious as the overall season championship, this will give you an opportunity to play in a tournament, regardless of how many games you've played this year.  It will be two weeks of pure bidding, no double-points Fridays, and no money awarded; whoever has the highest point average wins.  You must play in at least 5 of the 10 games in the two weeks to qualify to be the winner.

Looking forward to it!

(This thread is temporarily UNlocked.)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: IMPORTANT PLAYOFF INFO (Updated 5/19) GOOD NEWS!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »
Screw the NIT; I want to win the real tournament! ;-)

Just kidding, that should be a fun thing to prevent us from CSS withdrawl over the last two weeks of the season. Plus, anybody who knows me knows I'm very competitive, so it'll be nice to have something meaningful to play for even after the real tournament is over. Good idea, Jordan!