Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/03/2009  (Read 14751 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/03/2009
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »
As someone who buys cheddar cheese soup for a dang good pasta recipe, I can vouch that cheddar cheese soup is a "premium" soup and costs more.  There's definitely two tiers of Campbells soup...the normal stuff that's cheap (tomato, cream of mushroom, chicken noodle, etc.), and more premium stuff (the stuff we've been seeing on Price recently).  Just a rule of thumb...if it's not a normal soup, it's more.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
I can understand the tier system Campbell's uses.  It's just that usually all the products of a certain tier will all be the same price.  Like Campbell's might have its $1.29 line of soups, and their $1.63 line of soups.  It's really strange for their $1.63 line to have another soup in the same line that costs $1.61, though.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »
That's Too Much!: That was fun to see the third and fifth prices reveal themselves at the same time. Too bad Nadine went on to the fifth one.

Switch?: What's up with this designer clothing/accessories obsession??? Seems to me that something from Louis Vuitton or Jimmy Choo is always offered on the show. Anyway, great win.

Grocery Game: I had a horrible feeling that Terri was going to lose when she got up to $19.68. Soup at $1.53??? WTF??? Well, at least there was a much shorter gap between Drew's losing announcement and the buzzer this time around.

Freeze Frame: Too bad this "Rory" guy stopped one click too soon.

Gas Money: Hooray, they're playing this again! Boo to the unfortunate loss.

2 for the Price of 1: Somehow, I knew that Ryan should've picked the 7 as the middle number.

Showcases: Now we're really getting far more variety in the cars offered on the show. After going a decade and a half of offering only American cars, the show is beginning to expand its repertoire again, and a Nissan is offered for the first time since 1991 (better yet, an Xterra!). And it was won, too! Woo-hoo! So now that Japan's Big Three (Honda, Toyota and Nissan) has been covered, I guess it wouldn't be too long before they offer Mazdas, Mitsubishis, Subarus, Kias, Hyundais and such on the show...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:16:33 PM by Teddy »

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 04:29:21 PM »
TTM: 1st Game??!!!   :-o :-o :-o Come on.  :-( I had a hunch about that Mustang being at least over $22K. Nadine was unfortunately duped by a little too much information.

Switch?: Switching was the way to go. Nice.

Grocery: Ouch!!! I really thought Terri had it, too.  :cry:

Freeze: Double Ouch!!!! One more step would've done it.  :-(

GAS: YEAHHHHHH!!!!!   :-D :D :-)(for seeing this game again) Sad to see a awesomely cool game played so dismally by a very lost contestant.

2 for 1: 675 was so obviously it and David didn't go that way.

Showcases: Rich participating in a more skillfully-themed (and one where they don't force him to shed his pride) showcase was such a good thing. I applause the writers for this one.  :-) A NISSAN XTERRA in showcase #1??!!!  :-o :-o :-o :-o Now I'm getting goosebumps!!!! The imports are starting to rise again!!!!!!  :D

A 2.50-star show.