Author Topic: Specific Question about an Eligibility Requirement  (Read 6606 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Specific Question about an Eligibility Requirement
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
I have a specific question about an eligibility requirement.

It's the line about having been on a game show. I most likely will be on a student produced TV show, which will air to some TVs in my college area, and some viewers in upstate New York. If I end up being on this TV show, will I end up being ineligible to be on The Price is Right for a year?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Specific Question about an Eligibility Requirement
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:37:09 PM »
...you know, as a college TV producer myself, that's a very good question. I think that you would end up being ineligible, since the eligibility requirements on CBS.com do state that local game shows count.  Maybe someone with more experience can clear this all up...

(Of course, I don't have this problem...I'm usually on the other end of the camera... :D )
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »
Quoting the actual TPIR Contestant Release dated 10/19/2004 that I still have:

4.  I have never been a contestant on any version of THE PRICE IS RIGHT.  I have not taped an appearance on any other television game show which has been (or may be) aired within one year of my appearance on the Program.  I have not been a contestant on more than TWO (2) other television game shows of any type within ten (10) years of the taping of my appearance for this Program.

So it seems that you would be indeed ineligible.  Sorry.  :(

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:21:39 AM »
Well wait.. what kind of show is he talking about here? Is it a college quiz show type of show? If so, by appearing on this show, are you receiving money or some other type of compensation? If it's just a quiz show where all you're playing for is the honour of your school, I don't see how you would become ineligible.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
I'm not giving legal advice, but as somebody who is 3/4th's the way to being a lawyer, those requirements seem pretty cut and dry. "Any other television game show" means just that - any game show, be it local, college, or national.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Brownsrule!

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
Raises a better question, does GSN Live and GSN radio count as game shows?

I managed to email Randy West about this, and he wasn't sure. His advice was "If it were me, I'd take the chance".

I am going to ask Nicole and Stephanie, since they are the call screeners for the show. They do deal with the paperwork end and might have the answer, or can refer me to somehow who does.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Raises a better question, does GSN Live and GSN radio count as game shows?

It depends on your definition of a game show. You could make an analogy comparing GSN Live to the old Phone Home Game on Price - they were ineligible (until the rule change last season) because they "appeared" on air.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »
Well, to offer a bit of clarity on that, a guy named Chad Mosher was on GSN Live, had his video question on Trivial Pursuit, and was on Million Dollar Password all within a couple months. So...who knows.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:33:09 AM »
'A guy named Chad Mosher?'  That would be this guy right here.  He mentioned the MDP contract over on Invision, and it doesn't have nearly as many (if any) conditions on eligibility as Price does.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy