Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20045 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
In our last show, Kev347 really cleaned house!  Unfortunately, he was the only one who really did any damage to the budget, winning more than 90% of everything won in that show.  I mean, at least the one person who won stuff won a lot, but we'd like both quality and quantity!

And that's what we're going to do for our thirty-seventh show!  If you would like to be a possible contestant, then just sing up here!  If you meet the board's eligibility requirements, you may be called to come  on down, where you'll have a chance to pretend to win a bounty of beautiful prizes!  If you are called to come on down, you will  be sent a private message, but after that, it will be your responsibility to pay attention to when it's your turn to do whatever.  The subject line wonkily changes to help you out with that.  When it's your turn to do the whatever it is you have to do, you get thirty hours.  Six free hours than most other hosts!  Go me!  Go me!  Anyway, if you miss once in contestants' row, we'll take that on a case-by-case basis, but you'll most likely get a second chance.  If you miss a second time, though, or once in another part of the show, you're out.  Unless you're not.  We'll see if extenuating circumstances apply to your case.  Partially completed pricing games will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.  And  to give everyone an equal chance to get up on stage--I mean, not counting that people called earlier in the show get an advantage, at least--I ask that you not shout out advice during the items up for bids.  I can't stop anyone in that part of the show.  Someone always wins those, after all.  Any other comments are welcome, though, as well as giving help during any other part of the show!  Not that advice during the showcase showdown is very useful, but you're free to shout out advice there, anyway.

And because McDonald's and Burger King aren't cute, you also have the optional option of playing the optional Frank Prediction Game!

Episode Lineups Thus Far

Participation is optional, but the winner will be guaranteed a first four spot in Episode 38!  At least assuming the winner signs up.  And that he meets the board's eligibility requirements.  But besides that, first four for sure!  To play the FPG, just list the six games you think will be played in this episode, in order.  Participation is optional.  Two points for a right game, right slot, andone point for a right game, wrong slot.  Please include your confidence points, but no win/loss predictions, as I don't like the icky conflict of interests situation that could possibly arise from that.  And I reiterate, participation is optional!

Flerbert419, as the winner of the FPG in the last show, you get to be among the first four contestants in this show by merely signing up!

If you want a chance to play, be sure to sign up by midnight the morning of Monday, February 16, because that's when this show will start.  So just sign up for an absolute blast that's gonna' be fun!  At least for a message board sort of game.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:08:39 PM by Frank15 »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--SIGN UPS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »
Because I can't predict game lineups if my life depended on it, I will not participate in the Frank Prediction Game.

However, I will throw my hat into the ring.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »
Gotta be the first- this is first time you have an episode number match the current season. Neat!

FPG:

Bullseye (1)
Clearance Sale (2)
Bonus Game (3)
One Away (4)
Hi-Lo (5)
Eazy az 1-2-3 (6)

EDIT: Darn, 2nd. Oh, well.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:42:06 PM »
Yet another Frank HYO? How can I refuse?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:44:09 PM »
I'll play again Frank and try to do more wiping out your budget! Sounds like fun, hehe.

As for my prediction game, I'll just copy and paste from last time, since none of them got played...

1. Golden Road (2)
2. Plinko (3)
3. Coming Or Going (5)
4. That's Too Much! (6)
5. Check-Out (1)
6. Switch? (4)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:04:24 AM »
I'm determine to not miss any deadlines this time! Consider me in! As for the FPG here they are:

1. Joker (4)
2. Card Game (2)
3. Magic Number (1)
4. Make Your Move (5)
5. Walk Of Fame (6)
6. Line Em' Up (3)

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »
Signing up.

And using my coupon.

Won't play FPG since that just feels dirty.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 07:42:18 AM »
I would really love to play

1) Balance Game (2)
2) Pathfinder (1)
3) Cover Up (6)
4) Squeeze Play (5)
5) Step Up (4)
6) Punch a Bunch (3)
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »
Whoo!  Frank's still giving us 30 hours!  In the current economy, you never can be sure...I'm glad budget cuts haven't forced him down to 25 or anything yet.  :)

I'll sign up for this one.  No FPG, though, since I don't feel like thinking this early in the morning.

(Which is probably a bad thing, considering I'm at work right now.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »
I will play but I can not predict to save my life.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 01:53:56 PM »
I'm in, and I am using the same FPG I have used for the last 2 Frank shows, given that none of the games has hit yet...

Freeze Frame (1)
Pocket Change (2)
Double Prices (5)
Money Game (6)
Now or Then (3)
Poker Game (4)
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 02:11:53 PM »
I'm in again, and for FPG...well, copy and paste is your friend. :D

Clearance Sale (2)
Five Price Tags (1)
Freeze Frame (3)
Double Prices (4)
Money Game (6)
Pick-a-Pair (5)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
Again, I'm not an FPG person, but I'll sign up. Hannah wants some revenge, after all. That was a somewhat evil jukebox.

...Actually, she doesn't take revenge - more like "smacks stupid people upside the head". Anyway, she's waiting if you can handle her... *SA-MACK!*
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
Since only one of my picks got played on the last episode, I will once again recycle my other five:

1. Clearance (4)
2. Coggy (3)
3. Money (6)
4. Shelly (1)
5. Pass teh Suck (2)
6. Dubble (5)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
One of these days, you'll play these games.  :-P

1. Clearance Sale 1
2. Card Game 3
3. Plinko 2
4. Double Prices 5
5. Money Game 6
6. Now or Then 4