Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20044 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #6
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
Say hi to Mimi for me, Flerbie. :twisted:

$1,000
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #6
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »

Well, Flerbie's screwed, since there are no bells going off.  But will sidey escape?  Actual retail price:

$426, and sidey made it!  sidey has won his way up on stage, and we are headed off to the big doors for the fifth time, where we have the sixth pricing game of the day all ready and raring to go.  sidey, it may have taken you a while to make it up here, but let me tell you it was worth the wait.  Oh, you have no idea!  sidey, it will have been well worth the wait if you win this!

Rich:  A new car!  An Acura TSX sedan, a fun car to drive whether you're coming or going, which isn't the game we're about to play.  Never has been played for a car, has it?  Anyway, you'll be coming or going when you win this baby... if you win this baby, so don't disappoint Mom and drive it home for her to show off to the neighbors!  Comes with standard features, 2.4 liter in-line 4 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission, 18-inch ebony alloy wheels, all-season floor mats, body side molding, back-up sensors, car cover, cargo hook, cargo organizer, door edge guards, deck lid spoiler, door visors, first aid kit, full nose mask, front under-body spoiler, interior trim kit, sport leather steering wheel, moonroof visor, rear bumper applique, rear under-body spoiler, wing spoiler, splash guards, sport leather shift knob, sport steering wheel trim, side under-body spoiler, trunk tray, and wheel locks.  This is the Acura TSX!

Oh, how beautiful a car that is!  And it's your car if you can pick out the right price from these Five Price Tags.

These are the five price tags.  One of them is the right price for this car!  If you can pick out that price, you win it, but you have to win picks from the board.  But fortunately, you'll have a chance to win up to four choices of the five price tags.

Those props back there don't really do much, but they make an awesome car backdrop, and they light up for each price tag choice you win, just in case you have trouble keeping track.  Or more likely, in case I have trouble keeping track.  Anyway, take those price tags away, Janice, and here comes the lovely Dian with another prize you can win, in our little "game within the game."  This prize looks like a microwave.  Rich, could you tell us about it, please?

Rich:  Of course, Frank, the Panasonic NN-H965BF luxury full-size 2.2 cubic foot 1250-watt black microwave oven has a cooking sensor that automatically adjusts the power level, calculates reheating and cooking time, and has linear power control for more even heating, defrosting, and cooking.

And here we have a price of...

$200.  Now, to win price tag choices for the Five Price Tag part of the game, you have to win some other prizes in our True False part of the game.  Now, that $200 price tag for the microwave might be true.  On the other hand, it might be false.  To win the microwave, as well as one choice of the five price tags, you must correctly tell me whether that price is true or false.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
Woo hoo!  One of my favorites!

I'll say TRUE on the microwave
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2009, 09:12:04 PM »
Hopefully it will remain one of your favorites by the end of the game.  Anyway, sidey says $200 is true.

bonk!

Ooh, no, it was false.  It's $233.  Take that away quickly, Dian, quick Holly, bring out the next prize.  Want to get that microwave out of our sight quickly, and Holly has brought out for you... a bag, I guess.  Rich, could you elaborate a bit?

Rich:  The Coach Holiday Patchwork Bleeker duffle tote purse is made with Coach signature fabrics, suede, leather, Coach embossed suede, and tattersall, with an outside leather Coach embossed slip pocket with brass turnlock detail, with midnight blue satin lining, brass hardware, inside zip pocket, and measures 13 inches long by 11 inches high by 5 inches wide.

And the price tag says...

$310.  Is that true or false?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
It's such a pain when you get the first one wrong, because now instead of focusing on the price of the bag, I am playing the true/false distribution game.  My gut says that is FALSE

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2009, 09:20:05 PM »
sidey says $310 is false.

ding!

And you're right!  It's $368, and that means you've won one choice of the five price tags!

And as you can see, one of the tall price tag car backdrops is illuminating, just to bring that point home that you have a choice of the five price tags.  I bet you would like more chances though, huh?  Holly, take the bag away, and Dian, bring out another prize!

Rich:  From the Robert Abbey Tic-Tac-Toe collection, this O-shaped table lamp has a metal base with marble accents with a rectangular dupioni silk shade with three-way switching, and is 22.75 inches high.

And the price says...

$430, true or false?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2009, 09:21:32 PM »
Fancy-schmancy lamp.  I'll say TRUE

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2009, 09:26:02 PM »
sidey says true!

bonk!

Ooh, no... it's false, it's $354.  sidey, you seem to have better luck with Holly's prizes, so Holly, rub some luck onto that last prize, and Rich, tell us a little bit about it!

Rich:  From Rapid, the R90 EPI90141 deluxe electric stapler with adjustable anvil can easily staple up to 30 sheets of paper together.

And the price on that says...

$211.  Is that price true or false?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »
That's not a red Swingline is it? 

And you wouldn't dare do 4 falses, would you?

Wait...it's Frank...yes he would....

But not today...that sounds TRUE

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
All right, $211, please be true!

bonk!

No... no... take that away, Holly.  Janice, bring out the five price tags.

This will be tough, but it's been done before!  I mean, not on this show:  you're the first person who's won only one choice on this show, but you could also be the first person to win with only one choice!  Think of it like that!  If you can pick out the price price for this automobile, it's yours!  This is it, so make it count!  Janice, do whatever good luck thing you can for him!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »
Damn you and your falses. 

OK, one time...

Let's try 36720

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--SCSD #2
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2009, 09:49:50 PM »
All right, sidey has chosen $36,720.  This has to be right, or you don't win the car, since you only won one pick off the board.  It all rests on whether we see "WIN!" or "NO" behind that price tag... ooh, I'm so nervous... I can hardly handle the pressure, but I must do what I must do!  Make him a winner!

BONK!  TPiR losing horns play.

No... no... it wasn't $36,720... what was the price?  Was it $39,265?

No.  $35,640?

No.  $37,410?

No.  I'll just bet it was $38,105.

Yeah, that's what it was.  $38,105.  sidey, I'm sorry this didn't work out for you.  I hope it's still one of your favorites.  Can't ever get the sixth game won, can we?  Darn.  Showcase showdown #2, next.

Rich:  Contestants not appearing on stage will receive mogwai.  You do know how to care for them, right?  Anyway, here's Frank with our showcase showdown!

Thank you Rich!  pathfinder20, spin that wheel!  Please give me a couple of numbers from 1 to 20, preferably including the minimum you'll stay on.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »
Is it wrong if I was rooting for Sidey to get the third SP right more than I was rooting for him to win? 
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »
Not really.  I was hoping he'd get the third one right, too.  Maybe I--err, our producer, should've made that one easy.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2009, 06:36:28 AM »
Those prizes were so amazingly random, I could only just guess on all of them.