Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20457 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #2
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
Wow...we go from cheap inexpensive to...well, the exact opposite.  Lots of $$$$$$$$'s on those carts, to borrow some of the slang those CSS whippersnappers use.  Meanwhile, I've got some blocks in my hands that I need to figure out what to do with...hmm...

...well, I note that that table in the middle is 'true art', and not something like 'useful' or 'pragmatic', so I'm going to use the same logic that got me on stage, assume that's worth way more than it has any right to be and put the '3' block on it.  Now...hmm, fridge or clock...I know that fridge is probably about four thousand, but if Frank's going out of his way to load the fridge, he's probably going to load the clock too, and no matter how much you load a fridge, you can probably find a more expensive clock, so I'm placing the '1' in front of the fridge and the '2' in front of the clock.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #3
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »

All right.  Let us hope that your reasoning skills there were above that of a preschooler.  You have block #1 at the refrigerator:  how much is that?

ding!

Ooh... ooh... that makes me nervous.  The clock has to be more than $7049... is it?

bonk!

No... no... it was only $2750.  Was the table art the most expensive, anyway?

No... you didn't have anything right, I'm afraid.  Not that we'd have let it slide if you did have one right, but... well, Army, I'm sorry this didn't work out.  We'll try again after this.

Well, that was a bummer.  We need another high after that Now or Then win earlier, though, so Rich, do your thing!

Rich:  Hannah, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And here comes Hannah, coming down and settling in the red spot, and here's the lovely Kathleen, coming on down, wearing the next item up for bids.

Rich:  And the lovely Kathleen is wearing a stunning amethyst ring.  From Diamond-Me, this beautiful ring is made of 14 karot white gold, has an 11 by 11 millimeter amethyst stone, and .32 carats worth of diamonds.

And Hannah, you get the first bid on that.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 05:34:23 PM »
(Here we go again...you sure about this? I was just kidding about her wanting revenge...really.)

(Actually, how about I shut up? :oops:)
=============================
WOO! ...Alright...

I'll say $1200, Mister Frank.
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
$1400, Frank.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 06:19:18 PM »
What is this?  Some sort of a speed show?

$1700
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:49 PM »
And I've slowed it down, so I apologize.

$1705.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
If Frank does respond, Flerb, I think we will tie the record of 3 games in 24 hours or less, set back in Episode 15.  Unfortunately, the post where Frank mentioned the record has been lost to time since the move to the Xoops forum in 2006.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #3 OVERBID
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »

And the actbonk!ual bonk! re... bonk!  sigh.  bonk!  bonk!

Well, it ain't a speed show no more, I guess.  The lowest bid is $1200, erase the bids please, and go lower than $1200 Hannah!

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »
...Heh. Sorry...

Uh...lower than $1200? *turns to Unique* SHUT UP!

Anyway...$999, Mister Frank. Sir.
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 11:43:47 AM »
$800.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
$1000

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
$3, Frank.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #3
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »

And the actual retail price of the ring is...

$833, and 'Nique wins!  And 'Nique, I would like for you to follow me way back here to the big doors again, where we are going to play our third game for something you are going to love!  Oh, 'Nique!  Oh, how excited you're going to be when you see this!

Rich:  A new car!  A Chevy Aveo LT sedan, a nice enough car to drive places that you have to get to, because without a car, you won't be able to get to work, and you'll lose your job, and be unable to find another one since you'd have no way of getting to your job.  Unless you have a good public transportation system, at least.  Comes with standard features, 1.6 liter in-line 4 engine, 4-speed automatic transmission, rear spoiler, cruise control, antilock brake system with engine immobilizer, black granite metallic paint, and XM satellite radio, a Chevy Aveo!

Now 'Nique, if I may say so, that is one strikingly beautiful car!  It's... that's... a true work of art!  It's such a beautiful car, that the thought of you winning it, and it parting with us actually pained me.  Pained me, I say!  But thankfully, I had a brilliant idea, being a genius and all:  I hired an expensive artiste--that's with a silent e, mind you--to paint a beautiful painting of that beautiful automobile!  Along with its price, of course:  I mean, the price is the most important, brilliant part of this work.  It's junk without the price, right?

Anyway--ooh, I'm on pins and needles here--it's time the the unveiling of the greatest masterpiece in all of history!  Mona Lisa, who's that?  Last Supper, adios!  There's a new standard in town!  Ooh, this is so exciting!  Voila!

*sniff*

Isn't it beautiful?  It's so... so... so-so.  I overpaid.  You know, I really should have learned my lesson from Episode 13, and not hired the same guy... I admit, I admit, it was foolish on my part.  I knew I shouldn't have paid him in full until he finished the job.

Anyway, 'Nique, I can't lie:  I'm a bit disappointed with this piece.  I mean, part of the price is painted:  it is a $16,000 automobile.  And it does end in 35.  But that middle number... it's eating at me on the inside.  I need this work finished!  I... say, a thought occurs to me.  If you can complete this masterpiece, I would be so grateful that I'll give you this car!  I mean, you have to paint the right number, of course, but really, a new car for just painting one litty bitty number ain't a bad deal, right?

We have the price of the car over there.  Yeah, it would probably be smart of me to unveil that before asking you to work on this painting, but I think it would be more fun to have you work on it before knowing the price.  Sure, I risk having you completely defile my painting, but we'll do it this way, anyway.  Just paint the right number and that car is yours!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »
Oh wow.....this is why I love Frank shows.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »
Geez. 2 random retired games in 2 shows by Frank. This painting, "L'Essence de Franc", could be lots of things. I'm thinking zero. Glad I'm not playing this one, though.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!