Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20021 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--SIGN UPS
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »
I'll sign up as well! I've got my own "Host Your Own" in the works, but I'll try out being a contestant first. :)

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
You can't miss a Frank show. So sign me up!
Signatures are overrated.

Offline WadeSimPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
Is it too late?  I'm interested.  It's my first time.  :)
Jebediah, Ezekiel, Frank, Bob: The Barkers (I think Bill Cullen is in there somewhere.)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
Is it too late?  I'm interested.  It's my first time.  :)

Shame on me! I though this show had started, don't know why, and was about to tell you 'Yes, it's too late, wait for a new show.'

Not the case at all; it's still sign-ups here. However, per site rules:

2: In order to participate in a full show, you must be an active member in other Price is Right related areas of the site. Generally speaking, this means that at least 20% (at least one out of every five) of your posts should be outside of the Host Your Own section.
By: Frank15

You may want to post a little more outside this area. I realize your other post was in the 'Word Chain' thread, but if you participate in the First Run TPiR or The TALK is Right section a little more. If you do, I don't see Frank having a problem with you signing up. As moderator, he, not I, has final say on the issue.

Hope it helps,

Prizes
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline michaeldoy

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 06:58:18 AM »
On that note, does "Outside of the Host Your Own section" include OILF? If so, then I would like to sign up. No FPG because I have no idea.
"For the most vital, the most urgent, the most inescapable of reasons. And always, ALWAYS, wrong."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #1
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »
Rich:  Here it comes, from the Golden-Road.net forums online, the Internet's most exciting couple o' weeks of fantastic prizes:  the fabulous 20,160-minute Price is Right!

Flerbert419, come on down!

sideshowPA, come on down!

goldroadfanatic, come on down!

And PriceFanArmadillo, come on down!  You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!  And now, here's the star of The Price is Right, Frank!

*Frank enters the stage through the big doors.*

Welcome to The Price is Right!  Thank you all for that underwhelming welcome... seriously.  I didn't hear any applause or anything.  You guys need to clap and cheer more loudly, so I can hear you through the computer!  Ah well... there's the first item up for bids on our show today!

Rich:  A comfortable sofa bed.  The Baxton Furniture Studios Quintiliano convertible sofa bed has a 2-position adjustable back, easy-use European click-clack mechanism, integgrated coffee table that stows between uses, 360-degree swivel seating, foam fill padding, red fabric upholstery, and measures 71.5 by 29 by 29.5 inches as a sofa.

And that sofa will go to the one of you four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over.  Bid in dollars, please, because we round off our prices to the nearest dollar, and Army, you get the first bid today.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 04:57:12 AM »
Whoa?  A sofa-table-bed-thingy?  Just what I've always wanted!

Um...let's go with...$1485.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 06:47:22 AM »
I'll say $1200, Frank.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 09:52:05 AM »
$1800
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
$1802.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #1
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »

And the actual retail price of the couch is...

$1220, and goldie wins!  And goldie, I would like for you to follow me up to the turntable where we are going to play the first pricing game of the day.  Howdy, goldie.  Now goldie, I have something nice for you over there!

Rich:  A lovely living room group.  From FurnitureOnTheWeb.com, this set includes a sofa, love seat, and chair with deep brown wood and onion-shaped feet and carved trim around the bottom and across the tops of each piece, with soft fabric lining the sides and back with padded leather and loose pillows for the back cushions and formed seat cushions all covered in a beautiful paisley pattern highlighted with plaid.  Also includes a 4-piece occasion table set including coffee table, two end tables, and console table in a matching dark brown wood with carvings, cabriole legs, and beveled edge tops.  It's a prize package worth $12,586!

And it's your living room if you win Now or Then.  Now is today.

Then is May 2004.  To win, you have to correctly guess whether the prices on these products are the prices Now, Today,  or Then, May 2004.  If you get three products correct on the wheel that are touching at the sides, then you win the living room.  So Rich, to help goldie out, how about you tell us about today's products?

Rich:  Of course, Frank, today we're dealing with this, a 48 oz. bottle of Crisco canola oil, for a slightly healthier oil for all sorts of cooking purposes, use canola oil, and for the best canola oil, cooks who know trust Crisco.

A 5-flavor roll of Life Savers with eleven candies may not be as good as they used to be, since three of the flavors have changed, but at least they still have cherry and pineapple, which were the best two flavors anyway, if you ask our script writer.

A loaf of Nature's Own honey wheat bread, for a delicious store-bought bread that tastes too good to be wheat bread... which, technically, it isn't.

A 12 oz. bottle of Cary's maple syrup, delicious on pancakes, waffles, and little else.  But hey, when it comes to those two things, at least, you can't beat real maple syrup.

A 10 oz. jar of Polaner raspberry All-Fruit, which, even though it tastes better than ordinary jelly, still contains more pear juice than it does raspberry.  Disappointing, but still beats regular jelly.

And a 2 gallon tub of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream, 'cause there's nothing like the taste of homemade Blue Bell ice cream.  There's nothing like the taste of the very best.  They eat all they can, and they sell the rest; it's all made homemade down home, Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country... can't believe they finally stopped airing that commercial last year.  Anyway, there they are, Frank!

And now, goldie, with which product would you like to begin, and is its price Now or Then?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 12:11:29 PM »
I will start with the jelly and say "THEN".
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »
It's kinda scary to think 2004 was 5 years ago already...  :-o
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
All right, goldie says the jelly, marked $2.19, is Then.

ding!

Yes!  It is Then!  Now you've got plenty of options here.  You could win with the ice cream and the oil, you could win with the ice cream and the syrup, or you could win with the syrup and the bread.  Where do you want to go next, and is its price Now or Then?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »
I will move to the syrup next and say "NOW".