Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20042 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #1
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 12:32:08 PM »
All right, is $4.99 for the syrup Now?

bonk!

No... it's Then, but you can still win with the ice cream and the oil.  Where to next, and Now or Then?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
Blue Bell, Now.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
Is the Blue Bell Now?

bonk!

No!  Now goldie, I'm sure you are aware what this means.  In order for you to win, you'll have to get all the remaining products right, else you won't be able to get three in a row anywhere on the pie.  So... well, you can start where ever you like.  I'm not sure how much difference it makes where you start, but I'll let you decide, anyway.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
Bread, Then.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 12:48:55 PM »
If it's Now you lose, so we need to see Then!

ding!

Yes!  Life Savers and oil left, which one next?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
Life Savers, Now.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 12:55:39 PM »
Now!

ding!

Yes!  Oil, $2.79, Now or Then!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
The tension is so thick, you can stick a fork in it, Frank.  This is as exciting as this game gets, what a win it would be to start off this show!  That oil, $2.79, I will say "Then".

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #2
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »
That's right... who says this game's boring?  Not us!  Now show us Then!

Wait... "now show us Then"?  That's a little confusing for our home viewers.  Then is what we want to see.  I just said now because we want to see Then now.  Now now would be bad.  I mean, with the Life Savers, then Now was good, but now Now is bad, and now Then is good... now, of course.  But then, Now was now then, but not now now, but then now... now we... I need to shut up now.  Or... urgh!

THEN!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!

Yes!  What a comeback, folks!  What an incredible comeback!  The oil was Then, and you have won that lovely whatever room, congratulations goldie!  What an awesome way to start our show!  Let's hope we can keep it up, after this!

I don't know how we're going to be able to follow up that incredible win, Rich, but we'll try, and who is going to help us out?

Rich:  Well, since he's got some sort of big showcase record, how about UniquePerspective, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And take your spot right down there, 'Nique, and here comes The Price is Right tugboat with the next item up for bids.

TOOT!  TOOT!

Rich:  And The Price is Right tugboat is tugging on out a useful desk.  From Stacks and Stacks, this Sonoma desk is made of maple, and has two storage compartments, and measures 29 inches high by 48 inches wide by 23.5 inches deep.

And 'Nique, you get the first bid on that.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 01:15:08 PM »
Frank, this will be a show highlight, no doubt!  Heck, I think it could make the top 25 wins of this entire series, but probably because I'm being self-indulgent right now.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
$1700, Frank.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
$900
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »
$1199, Frank.

And what ever happened to the simple 4/2 in Now or Then?
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »
Frank, this will be a show highlight, no doubt!  Heck, I think it could make the top 25 wins of this entire series, but probably because I'm being self-indulgent right now.

The only problem is that this series will probably end up somewhere around 682 episodes before Frank finally gives it up.  :)

And what ever happened to the simple 4/2 in Now or Then?

Frank happened.

Hmm...this is a *useful* desk, not an *aesthetically-pleasing* desk, which is probably code for *cheap*.  I'm going to try the same thing that worked for UP's show this morning and bid one dollar again.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #2
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Well, one of the top 25 wins so far at least, Army.  When we get to Episode 582, it might have some trouble then.

Flerbie, I use the old rules for Now or Then.  The ones where there were no specific number of Nows versus Thens.  We've just seen it's completely winnable, too!

Anyway, the actual retail price of the desk is...

$504, and Army was right about it being cheap!  He wins!  And Army, as the winner, I would like for you to follow me back here to the big doors where we are going to play our second pricing game for a bunch of good stuff right behind these doors!

Rich:  A stately grandfather clock, a unique console table, and a cool refrigerator.

First, from Howard Miller, the Langston grandfather clock in a cherry finish has a split pediment featuring a turned finial and a bookmatched olive ash burl overlay with a decorative shell overlay in the center, with a polished brass finish dial offering elaborate corner spandrels, center disk, and a silver chapter ring with applied brass Arabic numerals, and a lamp behind the dial illuminating the pierced astrological blue moon phase.

Next, the Padmas Plantation TB-60-200 Lemurian console table with glass top is true art, with each piece hand made so that no two are the same, and is made of fiberglass shell and copper leaf hand crafted onto the base.

And finally, the GE Profile 48-inch built-in side-by-side refrigerator with electronic dispenser has a an 18.7 cubic foot refrigerator capacity and a 10.9 cubic foot freezer capacity, has ClimateKeeper with dual evaporators, five electronic sensors, multiflow air system, air tower in the freezer, FrostGuard, LED upfront electronic digital temperaturs display, external electronic temperature controls, cubed ice crushed ice and chilled water dispenser, ice maker, water filter indicator light, four ClearLook food bins, wine holder, snack drawer, deli drawer, NeverClean condensor, stainless steel, door stops, and measures 84 inches high by 48 inches wide by 27 inches deep.

Back when you were in preschool, I bet you had fun playing with blocks, huh?  Well, I'm going to let you relive those days, because you're going to be playing with blocks once more in our easiest--strike that, eaziest pricing game on the show:  Eazy az 1-2-3.

And here come the blocks for Eazy az 1-2-3.  What I want you to do is to put block #1 on the least expensive prize over there.  I want you to put block #2 on the next more expensive prize, but not the most expensive prize.  And I want you to put block #3 on the most expensive prize of all, get busy!