Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20020 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #5
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »
I am also perplexed...$599, though it is probably super-expensive
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #5
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
$1205.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #5 OVERBID
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

And the.

bonk!  bonk!  bonk!  bonk!  bonk!

Ha!  Fooled you that time, buzzer guy!  Somehow knew you were coming, and I was prepared!  So what do bonk! you bonk! say... bonk!  bonk!  bonk!

I'll shut up.  You win.  Anyway, that sound means that you bonk! have bonk! all bonk! STOP! bonk!  bonk!

I'm sorry, geez!  Won't do that again... anyway, that sound means that you guys really love overbidding this episode.  Can't get enough of it, I guess.  Think this is the first show where we've had overbids for more than two different items up for bids.  Anyway, you have all overbid.  Again.  The lowest bid is $599, erase the bids please, and go lower than $599, Fiery!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »
Unbelieveable.

$545
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2009, 10:56:14 PM »
$399.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »
What's with all the cheap crap on a Frank show?  I'll bid $450

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
Jeez. $452.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #5
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
Cheap crap?  Did you forget what Army said about Eazy az 1-2-3 today?

Anyway, the actual retail price of the microphone is...

$419, and pathy wins!  And pathy, in spite of rob's protests, we are headed back to the big doors for our next pricing game yet again, and ooh, do we ever have a bunch of beautiful prizes, and you can win all of these!

Rich:  An elegant wall clock, a barbecue set, a brilliant floor lamp, and a groovy digital piano.

First, the Howard Miller Lewis wall clock features a distinctive dentil molding on the profiled pediment with maple and ebony hand-rubbed marquetry overlays at each corner, and the white dial offers black Roman numerals and serpentine hour and minute hands, with a polished brass lyre pendulum behind the locking door, and has key-wound triple chime movement with chime silence option and durable bronze brushings, and is finished in Windsor Cherry on select hardwoods and veneers.

Next, the Cook's Tailgate/Backyard BBQ Kitchen features a 15.5 by 30 inch stainless steel stove that fits all full-size and mid-size trucks, has two heavy-duty cast iron burners with up to 30,000 BTU each, a 2 cubic foot mini refrigerator, stainless steel sink and counter tops, and retractable fluorescent light, and measures 36 by 41 by 27 inches when closed.

Then, the Carrara floor lamp from Luceplan was designed by Alfredo Haberli, made of glass and plastic, and features a single plastic and sculptural block for indirect light, producing a high brightness with very low energy consumption, and is dimmable, and measures 73 inches high by 8 inches wide at the base, and takes two 42 watt fluorescent bulbs.

And finally, the Suzuki 3 foot 3 inch mini-grand 88 key digital piano XP-35 in high gloss black has 64-note maximum polyphony, has MIDI interface, gold accent rope, never needs tuning, powerful three-dimensional sound system, transpose function, two position arm support for piano lid, balanced graded hammer action keyboard, karaoke feature, plug and play technology, auto accompaniment, programmable, layer and split functions, record songs, grading functions, authentic piano touch and feel, 120 watt concert hall sound system, stereo-sampled voices, smart media card, USB, MIDI, and microphone inputs, with USB, headphone, and MIDI outputs, and LCD display.

And you are going to play Danger Price!

And the danger price today is $2650.  That's one mean sucker, and you don't want to mess with him.  To win, you have to pick out the three prizes, one at a time, that are not $2650.  You succeed in that, and you win all four prizes!  If not, then the danger price will make you pay!  Though an epic battle between you and the danger price might make for good TV, you'll lose, so it's best not to get in a head-on fight with it, regardless.  You'll have to use your cunning to sneak past him.

So pathy, which prize, that is not $2650, would you like to start with?

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
Let's start with the clock.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 12:56:08 PM »
All right, is the clock $2650?

ding!

No!  It's $1825 and you're safe, and we still have never had a wipeout in this game.  What else there isn't $2650?

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
Let's try the piano.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #6
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »
All right, is the piano $2650?

BONK!

Yes... it is $2650, I'm afraid.  How much were the other two, anyway?

Yeah... you should've taken the barbecue and the lamp.  The piano was the danger price, and now ye'll be keelhauled, arr!  We'll try one more time after this.

Rich, we need one more player!

Rich:  WadeSimPrice, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And take your spot right there, Wade, and here's the lovely Kathleen, wearing the next item up for bids.

Rich:  And the lovely Kathleen is wearing a gorgeous pair of boots.  From Te Casan by Fay Baldock, the women's Frankie boot has a great name for a pair of boots, and is made of rich, premium calf leather with adjustable buckle straps criss-crossing the foot and wrapping the shaft, with an easy low heel.

And Wade, you get the first bid on that.

Offline WadeSimPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 02:36:33 PM »
I will bid $275.
Jebediah, Ezekiel, Frank, Bob: The Barkers (I think Bill Cullen is in there somewhere.)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
I'm so discombobulated with this show....

I'll bid $299 on boots, and will cross my fingers that they aren't actually 10 times that

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »
I see Mimi standing behind you, Frank.  Gotta win this one.

$999.