Author Topic: A Very Unique Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 1 (THE END/COMMENTS WELCOME)  (Read 13927 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: A Very Unique Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 1 (IUFB #3)
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 08:57:03 PM »
$1299.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:15 PM »
Flerb bids $1,299.

88:$ 1,889   Flerb$1,299:    pathy:   rob:

Pathy, how about you?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »
A Macbook pro is usally expensive: $2,000 please.

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2009, 09:40:58 AM »
An even $2k for Pathy.

88:$ 1,889   Flerb$1,299:    pathy:$2,000   rob:

rob, the last bid for the item, and all of the IUFBs is yours.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:44:16 AM by UniquePerspective »

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
$2100.

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »
$2,100 for Rob.

88:$ 1,889   Flerb$1,299:    pathy:$2,000   rob:$2,100

And the actual retail price of the laptop is...$1,999, and 88 is the winner! You gotta feel sorry for Pathy, but over is over. So 88, you come up these steps here to me, while I give you one more chance at some nice things. Hello 88. Now, with you up here on this stage, and you ready to tackle the challenge of a pricing game with enthusiasm, I wanna give you this!

It's a pinball machine! It's the CSI pinball machine, featuring the voices of original cast members and mechanisms that resemble crime lab tools used on the show.

And now that you are here on stage, I would just like to ask one question. Are you Coming or Going? That will help you determine whether you get that pinball machine.

oming or Goin   
C                     g

(4,475)  ($5,744)   
- - - - - - - - -

Jeff decided to get a little creative with the sign here since the real sign would be tricky to do. His job status is still in limbo though. At any rate you need to decide whether you're coming or going. If you're Coming, the price of the pinball machine is $4,475. If you're Going, the price of it is $5,744. So which price is it? Are you Coming, or Going?

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: A Very Unique Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 1 (PG #3)
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »
Come to me!

$4475 makes a lot more sense than $5744. Unless, of course, Unique's producer is evil. :D

(And I don't know who this Jeff guy is, but if it's the same guy who built my props, yeah, I'd fire him, too. :D )
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 08:42:08 PM »
Pinball machine. YAY! one of my dream prizes.

(tilting to "going side", audience booing and moaning)
(tilting to "coming" side, audience roars with applause)

$4475, coming Uni.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »
He is coming.

oming or Goin
C                      g

$4475
- - - - - - - - -

Now, did you make the right call in coming to me? Should you have gone away? Will you be playing pinball all night long?

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING*

You are a winner 88. Enjoy your pinball machine, but please don't get carpal tunnel syndrome. Please.

Showcases are next!

Season 39 CSS Stats:

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Re: A Very Unique Half Hour Price is Right: Episode 1 (SHOWCASES)
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 09:15:52 PM »
The top winner in today's showcase, from the great nation of Canada and a winner of a pinball machine and laptop, 88JRFAN! And our runner up, from the U.S of A, and the winner of a guitar, chocolates and gold, Kev347!

Kev347    88JRFAN

Each of you shall have a fabulous showcase of prizes to bid on. And the one of you who bids closest to the actual retail price of their own showcase without going over shall win it. But, if you are the winner, and you come within $250 of your own showcase without going over, you shall win both showcases! And now, here is showcase #1.

This showcase shows you how you can bribe anybody. And one of the simplest ways of bribing somebody is by using one of the oldest methods. Cash, and you'll get $1000 of it!

But sometimes just cash isn't good enough. Sometimes you need something more specific, perhaps something visually appealing. Like the shiny metals in this diamond ring! From Kay Jewelers, it's the 14k Yellow Gold 1 Carat t.w 3-Stone Leo Diamond Ring, coming together in a beautiful ring to that special someone, from Kay Jewelers.

And in some cases, sometimes bribery can fail. And in those cases, you just need to get away and go to a new situation. And you can get there in your new...Ford Flex! It's the 2009 Ford Flex SEL FWD Crossover. Comes with standard features.

And this showcase, which teaches you lessons about life through bribery, can be yours IF...The Price is Right!

And 88, are you a biddin' or a passin'?

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
(still in shock after seeing the Flex and money) OMG!! I want that car so bad.

I will bid on this.

My bid is............ (looking into the crowd who are yelling suggestions). I have no idea how much Ford Flex's are. I could look it up but that's not honest.

I will try a safe bid. $28,229

HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
$28,229 for 88.

Kev347    88JRFAN:$28,229

Alright, Kev, look at your showcase!

Your showcase tells the story of how Jeff, the sign maker of bad signs, got employed under my show! When Jeff first called for an interview, he realized the location was pretty close to his house. And he wanted to prove to the Unique Price is Right staff that he was in good shape. So he rode to the show in this new bike! From GT, the Aerostream bike lets you ride the road and get those pedals going. Don't forget your helmet.

And once Jeff got into the interview, people at first weren't impressed with his sign making abilities. But then Jeff mentioned an interesting fact. His bad signs were considered masterpieces of art in other nations and cultures, and they worshiped him as an artistic hero, most famously in...Australia! You and a guest will fly from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia, where you will spend 6 nights at the Park Hyatt Hotel. Enjoy famous sights such as the Sydney Opera House and see why the land down under is a fun land.

So, Jeff got his position as a sign maker. But sometimes he needed inspiration to get his bad signs going. So he hit the road and drove to the nearest science fair or Comic-Con whenever he needed to, since he used those signs as inspirations. And to get there, he used his brand new...JEEP! It's the 2009 Jeep Patriot. Comes with standard features.

And in the end, while Jeff's signs aren't the best, his eccentricness and assumed likeability will keep him along as long as Jordan is producing, and this showcase that shows his story can be yours IF...The Price is Right!

And Kev, what is your bid?

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
Nique, I will bid $26,000 on that. Pretty nice looking showcase there! (Yes, I do bid even numbers when it's not CSS....)

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
$26,000 even for Kev.

Kev347:$26,000    88JRFAN:$28,229

And we'll find out who wins...in a couple of returns.

Jeep                      Crossover
Kev347:$26,000    88JRFAN:$28,229

And awwwayyyyyyy we go. 88JRFAN has bid $28,229 on his showcase. And 88, the actual retail price of your showcase is...$34,177, for a difference of:

Kev347:$26,000    88JRFAN:$5,948

$5,948. Kev, you must be closer than that without going over in order to win your showcase. You bid $26,000 on your showcase. And Kev, the actual retail price of your showcase is...$25,650, you're over by just $350! 88JRFAN is the winner!

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*

Kev347:OVER         88JRFAN:$5,948

88, you are our big winner of the day, you've won $40,651 worth of prizes today. Jordan/UniquePerspective here reminding you, be educated about autism. Learn all you can. Good bye everybody!

This is Announcer T. Dude speaking for A Very Unique Price is Right! A Bizzaro Production

Stats to come in my next post. As I said, comments and any feedback on my first show is welcome.

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Hey Nique, for a first show this was incredibly well done! Thanks again for doing it. Everything was set up well, quick response times, etc. Not really that much I'd change. And didn't really mind the lack of graphics either, haha. Congrats 88!