Author Topic: WoF 2/16/09  (Read 2119 times)

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
WoF 2/16/09
« on: February 16, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
[youtube=640,320]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzGq0RNeT4[/youtube]

Did they have to choose THIS episode to break the bad news? It ruined (at least for me) the mood created just before. ;)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: WoF 2/16/09
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:23:43 PM »
Now, is this the first time since Jack Clark's passing that the show took some time to pay tribute to a recently-deceased staffer?  Now, I saw the Season 25 opener and they didn't mention Merv Griffin's death, unless they edited in some tribute on the show that was rerun around the time he passed, so I wouldn't know if they did eulogize him.

It must have been such a heavy loss to make Pat tear up at the end, something I don't think he has ever done on the air be it Wheel or any other television appearance.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline jzion12345

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »
I watched Wheel around Merv's death and around the season premier. They said nothing about it at all. Maybe because he had nothing to do with the daily production of the show anymore, and had really not had any ties with the show for years, other than a credit at the end of the show.

Who knows? But, I know nothing was said. That was why this came as a surprise to me.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
Man it was indeed such a nice and touching tribute there.  :cry:

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »
Did they have to choose THIS episode to break the bad news? It ruined (at least for me) the mood created just before. ;)

I think I'm the only one who really understands why they chose THIS show to pay tribute. It's obvious that the show that aired tonight was the final show in which Mr. Mills was the wardrobe guy. It wouldn't make sense for them to say that between the time tomorrow's show taped and aired, because he wouldn't have been part of it then.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:50:09 AM »
Now, is this the first time since Jack Clark's passing that the show took some time to pay tribute to a recently-deceased staffer?  Now, I saw the Season 25 opener and they didn't mention Merv Griffin's death, unless they edited in some tribute on the show that was rerun around the time he passed, so I wouldn't know if they did eulogize him.

Merv died on Sunday 8/12/07, and a tribute to Merv was seen at the end of WOF and J! on 8/16. A clip of Merv being interviewed about WOF aired at the end of WOF, and a clip of Merv interviewed about J! aired at the end of J!. Nothing was mentioned on-air of WOF about Art Director Dick Stiles' recent death as far as I remember.