Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/12/2006  (Read 20805 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/12/2006
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »
Production #3615K - Taped May 1, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: WWW

1  Comfort Spa-In-A-Box (G)
JACQUELINE 800   JEFFREY 850   SUSAN 899   CARL *900   ($1499)

Carl goes to a SWAP MEET

Dean Palimino Electric Guitar  $ 799
(1) Flexsteel Cello Sofa        1575   LOSS

(2) Fetco Photo Frames/Albums    414
(3) 30" Gas Range                799

2  McLane 20" Reel Mower+Edger/Hot Pockets (P)
+Jacqueline 920   +Jeffrey 799   +Susan *1100   LUCIA 600   ($1243)

Susan from South Dakota, age 50 'today', plays GRAND GAME
(Target: $7.00) for loads of lettuce...

(1) Alberto VO5 Quick Hold Hair Spray  $ 3.49  $10
(3) Birds Eye Stemfresh Vegetables       2.29   100
(5) Tums Smoothies (60)                  3.99   1000
(6) Citracal Supplement (120)           10.97   LOSS

(2) Capzasin P                         12.99
(4) Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter          5.88

3  Global Wizard Gumball Machine/Polident 5 Minute Denture Cleaner (P&R)
+Jacqueline *999   +Jeffrey 1000   MARTHA (OS) 700   Lucia 500   ($999)

Jacqueline takes possession of the $500 wad and plays THAT'S TOO MUCH!
for a Chevy HHR LS (Std., AT, Remote)(G)($16,890)

$12,610
$13,455
$15,998
$16,121
$17,480
$19,801
LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,243   Susan        50 +  5   .55
  1,499   Carl         40 + 95    OV
  1,539   Jacqueline  100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 40   Through to Showcase Round

4  Coleman Exponent Backpacking Equipment/Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (G)
CRAIG *750   +Jeffrey 899   Martha 900   Lucia 850   ($800)

Craig ascends the "Southpaw Steps" to play PUSHOVER for a trip to Montreal
(6n @ Le Cantlie)(P&R)

Setup:   4 1 5 6 8 5 9 0 6
Pick:    4 1[5 6 8 5]
Price:   $4156   LOSS

5  JBL Home Theater System (R)
DANIEL *950   +Jeffrey 1100   Martha 1200   Lucia 1050   ($999)

Daniel, a student at USC, plays PATHFINDER for a Dodge Magnum (Std., V6,
AT, BlkHtr, Prot)(P)

Setup     1st   Start on [2]     $2----
2 3 4 6 7   2nd   Right to [3]  *  $23---
8 5 1 9 5   3rd   Back to [9]  NO
1 7[2]3 6         (3) (Sunbeam) Stand Mixer       70/99  $99  $99  *
5 4 8 0 3         Right to [6]  *  $236--
3 2 1 4 9   4th   Back to [5]  NO
                  (1) (Santa Fe) Tortilla Maker   23/35   35   35  *
                  Frwd. to [3]  *  $2363-
            5th   Left to
  •  NO

(2) Libman Cleaning Products    24/38   24   24  *
                  Frwd. to [9]  *  $23639   WIN!

It's tough being the second bidder, and Jeffrey is finding that out fast.
The last three One-Bids have been won by the latest entrant to the Row.
It's time for that streak to end, but if Jeffrey can't end it he'll be
banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club...

6  Sea Jogger Water Walker/Blue Star Ointment (G)
JOYLYN 759   +Jeffrey 950   Martha *850   Lucia 1000   ($899)

Jeffrey heads off to the clubhouse while Martha plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

Grill & Chill Tailgating Grill (R)                  $2539   $3535   LOSS
Corsican Virginia Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (G)           $2539

SHOWDOWN #1
$   840   Craig    95 stay   .95   Through to Showcase Round
    939   Martha   10 +100    OV
 24,796   Daniel   70 + 85    OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Jacqueline has the honor.

SC1-Jacqueline   CITIBUNK CARD VOICEMAIL (P)
BID   $26,626   Hond Elite CH80 Motorscooter (R)
PRICE    30,025   Trip to Acapulco (6n @ Romano Palace)(G)
DIFF    -3,399   Dodge Ram 1500 (Std., AT, V6, Cruise, Seat, AirBag)(R)
TOTAL   $32,564

SC2-Craig      TPiR DEPARTMENT STORE
BID   $10,000   Howard Miller Coastal Point Floor Clock (G)
PRICE    17,320   Nintendo Donkey Kong/Mario Bros. Video Arcade Game (R)
DIFF    -7,320   Kohler Petite Grand Piano (P)

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6
Total Winnings: $61,881

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/12/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 01:36:11 PM »
That was a really funny first showcase, the hilight of the show, with Phire fighting the voicemail on the phone.  That may very well have been the best showcase of the season, even, though I could be forgetting some.

Thank you Bob, for not allowing Craig to dig into the Push Over box to get out a fallen number.  Not that Bob ever has in the past for this particular game.  And not that it mattered, since Craig hadn't even reached the right price.

If Grand Game was going to be lost, couldn't it have at least been the Capzasin that did Susan in?  I mean, the Capzasin looks cheaper than it really is.  The calcium just plain looks expensive!

When Pathfinder was won, they forgot to play the eight clangs along with the regular dings.  It felt kinda' lacking.

Has there ever been a That's Too Much playing with a price gap of less than $123?

So how is Lucia meant to be pronounced, anyway?  Bob pronounced her name three different ways throughout the show, and not one of them is how I pronounce it.

One Right Price is almost always harder than Switch?.  I would have won this if it were Switch?, and could have seen both prices.  One Right Price is also not as interesting as Switch?.

Does Swap Meet serve some hidden purpose, like Double Prices is played often because it allows for better games to be played?  'Cause seriously, I wish Swap Meet would join Joker's rotation.  I don't know of anyone who really likes the game, and I don't understand why it's played relatively frequently for a 4-prize game.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »
Friday, May 12, 2006

Grand Game- Ugh. I hate when contestants lose games with the calcium, when it clearly shouldn't be picked.

That's Too Much- Well, at least she had the infamous "THAT'S TOO MUCH!" down perfectly.

Pathfinder- Exciting game for two reasons: the 4th and goal at the 1 finish, and the fact that it killed the skunk! :-)

Bidding Round #6- #202, Joylyn! :-D

Showcase- Marc just told us something awesome... congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. gauchodirk! :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jacqueline, and not just for obvious reasons. She was really enjoyable.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Decent show to end the week... Grade: 2

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:47:12 PM »
Swap Meet: Hard. All three could have been right, but I thought it was the photo album. Then again, instruments like guitars have been known to be pretty expensive.

Grand Game: As soon as the calcium was picked, I knew it was an automatic loss. For whatever reason, I would have said the Capazin.

That's Too Much: Set up for a loss, because people think the HHR is about $19,000 or so.

SSD1: Well, the only winner of anything other than the item up for bids prizes in the first three segments now has $1,500 in cash.

Pushover: Tough. There were lots of possiblities, but it seems to be as of late in this game, the last price of the row is the right one.

Pathfinder: Easy for people at home, but obviously not on stage. For Daniel, he had to get all three small prizes to have had any real shot, and he did, and ended up winning the car! I'm really glad he did, because the tortilla maker was the only small prize easy to get right. The second number was easy to get, less so for the rest, thanks to the choices. He's the first player to win everything in this game this season, won the most expensive car offered in the game this season, and was the only Pricing Game winner of the whole show! Great job, Daniel! This game has been won three times in a row! Who would have thought that would happen?

One Right Price: Tricky. I thought that grill was expensive enough to be the right one. Turns out, it was too expensive.

Showcases: The first one was very good, thanks to great use of the change of Rich's voice. As soon as Craig bid $10,000, I knew Jacquilene had it in the bag.

Overall: Fairly boring show today (and given what happened yesterday, it's not too suprising), but the big wins late somewhat helped it.

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »
Finally I can talk about this show!  I've been saying that I have a story about this taping, and here it is: Jacqueline, the showcase and $1500 winner, is my wife, and that was me up on stage with her during the credits!

The day started at about 3:00 in the morning when we got in line, which was good for numbers 14 and 15 and seats in the second row, just to the right of contestants' row (looking at the audience).

Carl, who played Swap Meet, was across the benches from us and was a very nice man.  We borrowed his pen to fill out our contestant cards.

I gave Jackie the $999 for the gumball machine; the woman directly in front of us KNEW that it was $999, and she was right (I should've known but I was drawing a blank, and I wasn't even the one on camera!).

I've never been the biggest fan of That's Too Much, but she should've won it; I knew that the HHR was no more than $17,000, but a lot of people in the audience thought it was closer to $20K, and I let them sway me, so she ended up going one too far.  That was my fault for sure.

So at this point I was praying for her to get into the showcase.  Fortunately her $500 perfect bid made her the last spinner, and I just wanted her to beat the 55 cents.  She did that alright!

Then I could rest until the showcase, knowing that my CSS practice was going to be very beneficial.  I was glad that Craig, the Marine, ended up opposing her, because that made Jackie the top winner.  As soon as we saw the Acapulco trip, I knew she was going to bid on it, and the Dodge Ram was just the kicker!  I quickly tallied everything up in my head, assuming that the truck was about $24K, took a thousand off to be on the safe side (I did not want to go over in that situation!), and shot her a two and six with my fingers; she came up with the -626 portion on her own.

I didn't think Craig was going to have a good handle on his showcase, so I was pleased to hear his $10,000 bid.  During the commercial I could hardly sit still; I leaned over the guy next to me and asked if she went over, and he confirmed that she had not.

Then the reveal: $3300 something difference for Jackie's (I couldn't hear it for sure in the studio), and when Bob said the word "seventeen" for Craig's showcase, I was heading for the aisle and up the steps!  I got to shake Bob and Rich's hand (we saw the Rich handshake on camera), and Roger congratulated me after the cameras were off.  The whole thing was so amazing, I can't even begin to tell everybody!

One more thing: Jackie was talking to Roger during one of the breaks, and she mentioned that I was on some website (her words) where they tried to predict what games were going to be played on Fridays.  He said he knew it was golden-road and that he was very familiar with us.  So that was really cool!

I think that's everything - hope everyone enjoyed this show!

Matt

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 01:57:22 PM »
How about

"Jeffery GETS SHOVED into the clubhouse"

Hey, as long as the page is new, why not give the FFBC a new look, too?

And if you delete this, I will post it again and again, so there.   :-P

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:04 PM »
Swap Meet – Wow. I was fooled. I like everyone else thought it was the sofa. I knew it wasn’t the picture frames, but I thought the range was much more expensive than the sofa, and that the sofa wasn’t as expensive as it actually was…

Grand Game – Tough luck. The whole audience KNEW it wasn’t the calcium, as did I, and they knew it was the Tidy Cats, as did I…

That’s Too Much! – The one case where a contestant has actually gone too far. I really didn’t think it was that “cheap”, so to say. I thought it was even more expensive than where she did stop…

Push Over – cheesy – all the way to the very end of the list of #s. Again, I thought it was more expensive than what the price was…

Pathfinder – YAY! A winner! He played it very well. Has Pathfinder been won this seasonh? I think it has, but I'm I want to check anyway...

One Right Price – more tough luck. I had a feeling that it was the bed…

Showcases – I knew Craig was off by a lot. On the other hand, Jacqueline bid almost exactly the same thing I did, but I was closer on Craig’s showcase than Jacqueline’s…

All in all, despite the fact that we only went 1 for 6, it was good show nonetheless...
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 02:28:57 PM »

weatherdan882002 wrote:
Pathfinder – YAY! A winner! He played it very well. Has Pathfinder been won this seasonh?

Yes, Pathfinder has been won this season. In fact, including today, Pathfinder has been won on its last 3 playings.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 02:47:53 PM »
Swap Meet: I was surprised to see the guitars matching the stove.

Grand Game: No way this should have been lost.  No way should calcium be chosen.

TTM: EVIL!

Push Over: I thought Montreal was more expensive than $4156.

Pathfinder: YES!!!  Always exciting to see it come down on the last prize and pick.

Showcases: I thought Jacqueliene was over on the truck.  I knew Craig's bid was way off.  I would have said $17,000 and nearly pulled a DSW!

Overall-a pretty good show to end the week.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »

gauchodirk wrote:
Finally I can talk about this show!  I've been saying that I have a story about this taping, and here it is: Jacqueline, the showcase and $1500 winner, is my wife, and that was me up on stage with her during the credits!

Matt & Jacqueline...

Congrats to both of you, and best of luck with the new truck!  I'm always please when our members do well, and am very happy to hear that the "skills" you learned from our site played a role in your success at 33.

Marc

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 03:10:51 PM »

Frank15 wrote:

Does Swap Meet serve some hidden purpose, like Double Prices is played often because it allows for better games to be played?  'Cause seriously, I wish Swap Meet would join Joker's rotation.  I don't know of anyone who really likes the game, and I don't understand why it's played relatively frequently for a 4-prize game.

Like I said the last time this was played and the last time you asked this question, it's because Swap Meet is a one-decision game and therefore timed shorter (I'm assuming) than the rest of the 4-prize games...so yes, it kinda does allow for better games to be played.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
Well yeah, Army... but still, it's a 4-prize game.  It may be quicker to play than other 4-prize games, but it's not like they play 4-prize games in most episodes, anyway.  Wouldn't it help save more time to just not play a 4-prize game, and play something like Coming or Going instead?

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 03:36:33 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Wouldn't it help save more time to just not play a 4-prize game, and play something like Coming or Going instead?

Yeah...but the production staff has four prizes that they'd like to offer, not just one.  If they had a need to offer only one prize in this slot, Coming or Going, Side By Side...whatever...could have been pulled out.

Every game has pros and cons, and every game fills a need.  In this case, Swap Meet allows the producers to offer four prizes in a fairly quick manner, as the contestant is required to make only one decision.  Sure the game might not be the most exciting four-prizer out there, but it does a great job in serving the purpose for which it is intended.  Same goes for any other game.

Marc

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Swap Meet).

Swap Meet -- 2:23
Grand Game -- 3:50
That's Too Much -- 1:53
Push Over -- 1:44
Pathfinder -- 3:44
1 Right Price -- 1:23

Marc wrote:
Every game has pros and cons, and every game fills a need.

I'd love to know what need is filled when Joker is played.  Isn't that already covered in Bonus Game/Shell Game.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »

jhc2010 wrote:
I'd love to know what need is filled when Joker is played.  Isn't that already covered in Bonus Game/Shell Game.

Yes, but never did I say that the needs filled by Game A cannot be met by Game B.  At the same time, however, a different need can be satisfied by each of these three games.  If production has a need to play a simple higher/lower game where perfect pricing guarantees a win, Bonus Game will be run.  If the same need exists but more show minutes need to be filled, Shell Game can be used.  Finally, if the requirement is to add an element of luck to the pricing game, Joker can be scheduled.

Marc