Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/12/2006  (Read 20866 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/12/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »
Yes, Pathfinder has been won this season. In fact, including today, Pathfinder has been won on its last 3 playings.

Don't forget the Exacta win with Avon!

Swap: Was tough so no real big loss on this one.

Grand: Grrrrrr...I forgot the price of the litter, but I knew it was not over 7 bucks. She must not watch TPIR or she would have known the citracal is big $$$$$. They must have changed the price on it, I thought it was over 12 bucks?

TTM: 3rd? Seems outta place, but the Chevy HHR being played in this game really seemed out of place. Must have been a leftover from the budgmet mode! I would have lost also.

Pushover: Ha! Can i take the block out of the box? HAHAHA! Good one.....but it didn't matter! Geeze.

Pathfinder: This game is starting to grow on me. It used to be my least favorite car game, but the path is on a HOT STREAK! And the prize setup was pretty dog gone easy also. Roger must have wanted this won and it happened!

1RP: 3500 and change for a grill? Wow, you learn something new everyday!

Showcase 1: Gotta love the voicemail thing! Very fitting and Phire's reactions were priceless!

For a 1/6'er show, it wasn't really that bad. Not up to par like the last 2 episodes though.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 05:04:52 PM »
PG #1 - Yay!  Swap with Starcrossed!  :-P  Today's playing was a tough choice between the photo stuff and the range.  I would've picked the range, thinking that the photo stuff would be way too cheap to equal the price of a guitar.

PG #2 - Absolutely no reason for calcium to be picked in any playing of Grand Game.

One-Bid #3 - Some contestants still don't get the concept of contestants row...

PG #3 - Muchy in the first half!  :-P  When was the last time that happened, Roger?  Y'know, I would've stopped at $19,801 as well.  With Jacqueline's knowing how to stop the game, she should've won the car anyway.

PG #5 - O_O  Pathy again?!  Man, Roger's not giving us any breaks in the final weeks of this season.  Well, the good thing is that it's won again.  That's now a 3-game winning streak for Pathy.

One-Bid #6 - It's a water walker... and Bob didn't make any comments about it?!

PG #6 - Fairly difficult setup today.  That day bed sure didn't look like it was $2,539.  Nonetheless, I would've picked the bed just cuz every tailgate grill PIR has offered has been worth over $3,000.

My showcase bids - Truck:  $28,100.  Friggin' Random Elevator:  $15,300.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 05:39:07 PM »
Hey, I happen to enjoy Joker and wish it was played more often. No joke, I do like that game.

Anyways, all right show today, game selection other than Grand Game, That's Too Much, and Pathfinder was...meh,but that's how it goes sometimes.

Swap Meet: Wish Step Up was played. Anyways, this was hard for me-guitars are always tricky to price for myself.

Grand Game: Should not have been lost the way it was lost.

That's Too Much: EVIL is the only word to describe the price of that HHR.

Pushover: 'Bout time this one showed up.

Pathfinder: Whoa, wasn't expecting Pathy again so soon. Nice too, its on a 3 play winning streak!!!!

1 Right Price: The "Double Prices" of two prize games. It was lost, let's move on...

Showcases: YAY FOR JACQUELINE!!!!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 06:37:14 PM »
PriceHulk wrote:
Hey, as long as the page is new, why not give the FFBC a new look, too?

No.

PriceHulk wrote further: And if you delete this, I will post it again and again, so there.

Not if you want to stay off moderation, you won't. This is the last word on this subject. When you compile the recaps (if ever) you can do what you want. For now, seeing as the boat's not sinking I'm staying the course. End of discussion.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »
Swap Meet: I knew the photo decor would be the least expensive, but enough to swap? I wasn't sure so I went for the range. "Anything but the sofa." Carl did not get my ESP.

Grand Game: I was imitating a cat's paw all during the end for Susan to pick the Tidy Cats. I was then on cue to make The Buzzer Sound at the right moment.

One Bid 3: "Ah, my favorite IUfB! I can't wait for somebody to bid 999! Oooh, Jacqueline did! Time to cue The Bell!"

That's Too Much!: That is Way Too Much!
If it was me, I probably would have stopped it at the next price and still lose. I thought this game was played for good cars at times. Oh, well. Kudos to Jacqueline anyway, I mean for the rest of the show.

Push Over: "A trip like that? It couldn't be way in the end at 4156." Play The Buzzer again.

Pathfinder: What a play! It almost looked like Daniel was cheating when he puts one foot on the numbers. The ending really got me to my feet, literally.

I like Joylin's [heart] shirt. The FFBC [heart] bad bidders like Jeffrey.

1 Right Price: I knew the grill was the higher price, but I didn't think it would be that high.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 07:35:28 PM »
Show #6381

Showcase #1
Honda Elite Motorscooter - $2,424
Trip to Acapulco - $3,206
Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4x2 - $24,395

Showcase #2
Howard Miller Coastal Point Floor Clock - $3,925
Arcade Game - $3,395
Samick Baby Grand Piano - $10,000

Modeling Report for May 12, 2006 (the date is correct now)
Score to beat: $81,988

Rachel Reynolds
Total - $41,518
Won - $28,857 (69.50%)
Lost - $12,661 (30.50%)
Record - 4-4

Phire Dawson, who filled in for Lanisha Cole, but I saw Lanisha on Deal or No Deal on NBC (WAND-TV NBC 17 for me).
Total - $40,876
Won - $25,921 (63.41%)
Lost - $14,955 (36.59%)
Record - 3-3

Gabrielle Tuite
Total - $31,209
Won - $6,642 (21.28%)
Lost - $24,567 (78.72%)
Record - 8-5

At the end of week #361K
High - $81,988 (Shane Stirling, Thursday)
Low - $15,878 (Phire Dawson, Wednesday)

All 25 prizes today totaled $118,448!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 07:35:31 PM »
Anybody else besides me notice the IUFB cue used during 1 Right Price? Didn't sound bad at all!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »
No, I thought it was a nice change from the 2003 junk music were used to hear. And hearing Starcrossed used in Swap Meet was also interesting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »
I think Susan was the only person in the studio who didn't know she'd lost Grand Game.  Even after she picked the calcium, people in the audience were still shouting the right answer.

Holy God...That's Too Much! in the first half?!  He's screwed us again... ;)

Push Over was hard -- every price either looked too high or too low.

Pathfinder wins are always awesome...but they're even more incredible when it's the only game won all day. :-)

1 Right Price was hard.  I would guess Roger didn't want that won.

I'm glad they decided to do another showcase with Rich as a telephone operator.  His delivery during those is fantastic.

Alfonzo wrote:  Anybody else besides me notice the IUFB cue used during 1 Right Price? Didn't sound bad at all!

Really?  I thought it sounded really strange.  I would have to think it was a mistake, seeing as they'd just used it less than two minutes earlier.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 08:03:41 PM »
I'm sure it was. I just thought the cue didn't sound too bad as a two-prize game cue.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
Pretty good show today.

Picking the calcium in Grand Game was not a smart move.

Having That's Too Much in the first half is a sign that the Dob was on his game today.

It's nice that Pathfinder's been on a short winning streak as of late.

The first showcase theme was definitely one of the better themes we've had this year.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »
Swap Meet: I leaned mostly towards the guitars matching the photo frames, although any one of them made sense. Ooops.

Grand Game: For me it was initially a tough setup with only 2 blatantly obvious picks (forgot that the average hairspray looks expensive but only runs around 3 to 6 bucks), but once the dust settled the kitty litter was my clear choice of the last 3.

One-Bid #3: Wow, another person comes on up...that makes about...7...or so this year?

THAT'S TOO MUCH!!: That was set up to be lost, I thought the HHR was $18,000+. So I thought Mrs. gauchodirk had made a good choice. From the playings I've seen, it's not often the right choice is dead center or towards the left of the board.

Pushover: Either $4156 or $5685 looked good to me.

Pathy: I actually paid close attention, and got about 3 numbers right on the first try.

1 Right Price: I was lost here, either one looked good to me. It definitley is harder without the second price being visible like in Switch.

Showcase #1 was fun. Phire tearing up the Citibunk card after hanging up was a nice touch. I would've bid $28,000 on that one. For showcase #2 I would've put my standard low bid of $14,000.

At least the skunk was trapped midway thru the show today. Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. gauchodirk as well.  8-)

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 10:14:17 PM »
Gauchodirk??  I can't believe it!!  That was you waiting in line w/ me since 2:30 am in the morning?  I'm the dude w/ the Bob Barker, we're not worthy t-shirt!

This is insane... I've met gauchodirk/Matt (and his wife) and you know, It was a lot of fun getting to know you and Jackie in the line.  I had a good feeling someone out of our bunch was going to get picked, I'm glad it was a wife of a fellow G-R'er.

btw, congratulations, and yea I think all of you G-R'ers out there should know, it is SO worth the wait to get a front row seat.  I got the 10th priority number (thats gonna be my all time best I think).  

Hope you're having insane fun with the prizes...

Hey if any of you are looking for me, I'm sitting at the first seat of the first row of the middle section (I slapped Martha's hand and that USC guy's hand on their way down!)

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »
Not a bad show today.  This week's shows have all been pretty good.

Swap Meet: Tough, tough, tough.  :evil: I had no clue here.

Grand Game: Thinking that Citracal costs less than cat litter is ridiculous.

That's Too Much: This one was a forced loss, too.  Not only would people think that the HHR was more like $18-19,000, but the correct choice is usually closer to the end.

Push Over: I've got no clue why he thought he could dig it back out :-o , but no one was going to get it right.

Pathfinder: Great win to save the day.  :-)

One Right Price: Another mess waiting to happen.

These showcase themes have been on a roll lately.   :-D
$10,000 was clearly too low.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 04:09:35 AM »
Congratulations, Matt and Jacqueline! :)

Swap Meet: I would've picked the range. Of course, I was also thinking the range and guitar would be $1,100-$1,200 each, not $799... But I knew that sofa was too much, and the frames were way too little.. :/

Grand Game: I was thrown off briefly by seeing a couple new items up there (the hair spray and kitty litter - which goes great with picnics, of course) - until I saw that calcium and the Capsazin. Then this became a no-brainer....

Except, unfortunately, Susan followed so many others into that calcium trap. Oh, dear.

That's Too Much!: As much as we've seen that HHR, we all knew that that was WAY too much... Sadly, it looks more expensive than it is.

Pushover: And I too would've lost, because I was also thinking $5,685... That makes two straight playings where the right price has been the very last option.

Pathfinder: Daniel played it about the same as I did.. I would've taken the 1 as the second digit... However, I certainly would've guessed 6 off the bat for the third... And we both would've needed two guesses on that last digit...

About time we finally see a win, though.

One Right Price: And I would've shot myself in the foot here, too... Not because I didn't realize that was not a cheap grill, but because I didn't think that bed even cost $2,539... :/

Showcases: And, of course, to nobody's surprise, Jacqueline didn't pass up that showcase.. That being said, I thought she overbid (I guessed $24,500), and was quite shocked it was THAT much...

I am sorry to say, though, that Craig's bid just wasn't good. I wasn't so close myself ($15,800), but $10,000 isn't going to cut it as a bid here in 2006...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.