Author Topic: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread  (Read 69800 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:59:20 PM »
I just thought I'd mention to you Deal or No Deal fans that you should check out the show's home page @ www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal There's a few spoilers that nbc.com posted, but I won't say anything. You can take a chance and look for yourself though if you want.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »
I was at the 2-hour season premiere of Deal.  I can't wait to see how the end product looks i.e. what's edited out and how much stretching or compressing is done in order to get two full games in in the two hours.

While watching a behind-the-scenes Deal video at YouTube, I found myself in the audience.  Wow, I really did have some excellent seats.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:57:09 PM »
Five new models, according to nbc.com. I'm liking Hayley Marie. :-)

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:45:14 PM »
heelsrule1988 wrote:
Five new models, according to nbc.com. I'm liking Hayley Marie. :-)

Hayley is a cutie.  Love that hair!

IIRC, there were only 3 new models on the season premiere, including Hayley.  More might have been used in the premiere week.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:35:58 PM »
Pretty exciting show to kick off the new season. The first deal was kind of bad, the second deal was terrible, and the third deal was also one I disagreed with, but $675,000 is a ton of money, so I can't be too mad about that deal. I would've gone almost to the end, if not the end, as long as I still had $1,000,000 and $3,000,000 up there. With those two still in play, I just couldn't bring myself to quit. Like I said, though, $675,000 is a life-changing amount of money, so it wasn't the most frustrating deal to see.

MikeK wrote:
Hayley is a cutie.  Love that hair!

That hair changed quite a bit, didn't it? :-o

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 07:15:27 AM »
All I have to say is WOW!  Just... WOW!  Just when Monday couldn't possibly get any better after Vickyann DSWing the Viper showcase (I'm STILL in shock from that), here comes Big Matty to take the Banker for $675,000!

With the $6M yet to be offered this week, we've just scratched the surface.  I can tell that the rest of the offers this week will be absolutely sickening.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »
I tell ya...yesterday may have been the best day in the history of game shows.  If only Big Matty had somehow held on to his $3M case...not that I'm blaming him for taking $675,000, but it could've been even better.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »
WOW!  Robin's Game: Said she needed the money for her daughter to go to college and got it.  It wasn't the best deal, be she needed the money and got it.

William:  Played well till he ND the 99K.  Despite hitting the 2 million case and other big amount, he got the offer to 132K and refused, which I had a feeling that's all he's going to get Yep..he hit the million. During the proveout round, I had a feeling he made a bum deal after he dealt at 56K.  Yep...After Aubrie exposed the $50, I shook my head in disbelief in that you knew he had the $200,000. :-?

Matt's Game: WOW!  It was extremely exciting to see he turn down big offers. I couldn't blame him on that massive $675,000, but it was so depressing to see him pass up the million dollar offers and the 3 million in his case ( which he predicted it would be in there the whole time.) :-(  I just dropped my jaw after the $3,000,000 was shown to him during the proveout.

Boy, yesterday may be the only greatest day in history we seen.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »
You know, I'm actually quite shocked that Matt had $3M in his case. I mean, even with 3 or 4 cases left in play, yeah, the chances were slim, but to begin with, when you initially pick your case, there still is only 1 chance out of 26 that you're gonna pick the top amount. Taking the Deal was the reasonable choice IMO.

BTW, it was the first time I watched DOND, and I'm kicking myself not to have watched sooner!! Definitely gonna watch again.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 07:50:20 PM »
Having Howie hold Case #6 (with his wide grin plastered on throughout) and the models' reactions during the "Lucky Case" segments were absolutely hysterical.
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »
I tell you, with the big amounts being offered, we have, and will, see a ton of early bailers this week. Kimberly's deal wasn't good at all, and you just can't argue that. With two seven-figure amounts still in play, and with only one case left to open, that means you can't knock them both out. Plus, your chances of avoiding one of those amounts is near 70%. So how the heck do you quit there? Yes, $701,000 is an enormous amount of money. But with a fantastic chance to get more, why let that chance slip? Just a bad move by Kimberly. Having these big amounts has made it exciting, though, and I have a feeling we're in for more excitement with Jeff. We shall see in a little less than 48 hours.

By the way, sorry the recap from last night didn't get posted until just a short while ago. I did the recap after Price, but stupid me forgot to post it up. Sigh.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 10:20:43 PM »
I can now talk about both episodes.

Season premiere was awesome. Robin wanted money for her daughter to go to college, and got a pretty good amount. I would have went more, but $100,000+ is pretty nice for college.

William did great until the end, that's where it went downhill. I think he stopped too early.

Matty! This was an incredibly exciting game! He played really well, and I don't blame him one bit for quitting with $675,000. That's a lot of money, I probably would have quit too. It's a shame that he did have $3,000,000 in his case, as he was saying all along it was in his case.

Tonight's show was pretty good, with Kimberly breaking the record, for a whopping $701,000! I thought it was a decent deal, but I might have went once more, to see if I could break a million. Even if she removed the $1,000,000 but still had the $4,000,000 in play the offer probably would have went up a little more, my guess is about $800,000. Yes, the odds were in her favor to remove a small amount, but that's SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS staring you in the face, for one time only. She would have been crazy not to take it, plus how overdramatic she was made her even more scared.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
WOW!  I could'nt blame Kimberly's $701,000 Deal. Even though she had the million, she couldn't turn it down.  I would have been happy with 700K even if I had a seven figure case the whole time.

Jeff is doing very well. Don't want to jinx him, but  hopefully it stays that way and not go down the road we've seen a lot of last year:  players who refuse a super offer and their game quickly plummets.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 04:10:06 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
I tell you, with the big amounts being offered, we have, and will, see a ton of early bailers this week. Kimberly's deal wasn't good at all, and you just can't argue that. With two seven-figure amounts still in play, and with only one case left to open, that means you can't knock them both out. Plus, your chances of avoiding one of those amounts is near 70%. So how the heck do you quit there?

Sorry, heels, but I will have to disagree with you here, and the reason is that it's not just about the probability of knocking out a big number that counts, but also how much you stand to lose.  If she's successful in knocking out a small number on her next pick, then the offer goes up to $973,000, as we saw, an increase of $272k or about 39%.  However, if she knocks out the $4M, then the offer drops to the $200k range, a drop of $500k, or 71%.  It'd be like someone giving me $701,000, giving me a die, and offering the following:

If I roll anything other than a 1, I'll get an extra $272,000.
If I roll a 1, I'll lose $500,000 of the $701,000.
Or I can just take the $701,000.

I'd take that money and run, and I don't think anyone can rationally say that it was a bad decision.  You certainly could make an argument that going on isn't a bad deal, but you can't say that someone who doesn't continue is wrong, either.  I just don't think this is a right/wrong answer situation.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 10:57:59 PM »
While Jeff's deal ended up being the right decision, I don't think it was a good deal. It was a round too early, and the banker's deal was trash. Jeff got robbed there. Michele (who deserves a :-D, I'd say) isn't looking too good, but thanks to that stupid promo at the end of the credits, I found out her game would end in a way "you've never seen before". Normally, I cut the TV off before that comes up, so I won't get spoiled. But after I turned the TV off tonight, I walked in my mom's room, and that was on, so I saw/heard it. Ugh.