Author Topic: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread  (Read 69735 times)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 10:43:40 AM »
I didn't think this show was hot tonight.  Jeff may have had the worst string of luck but managed to leave at the proper time.  Michelle said it wasn't her favorite, and apparently it's that way since she deleted the 3 million and 6 million cases.  I fast forwarded so I didn't hear the ending.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that NBC does not care about giving their viewers the thrill of seeing something rare occur on Deal or No Deal; instead, they want to go ahead and tell you that it's going to happen so you'll watch, giving them viewers, which gives them high ratings, and that is all they apparently care about. First off, you all saw that spoiler after the credits last night, and if you didn't, I made mention of it in my post in this thread last night. Well, tonight, during the intro, they showed clips of the upcoming show (like they usually do), and one of the things they showed was Howie saying, "this is the highest offer ever". Gee, thanks! That spoils practically everything! Why? Because Michele had four amounts on the left side, along with $750,000 and $1,000,000. The highest offer before tonight was $701,000 on Tuesday's show, and that was accepted. So, obviously, the only way that could be surpassed is if Michele was down to only $750,000 and $1,000,000. And of course, that's exactly what happened. So, instead of getting to go crazy and enjoy the excitement and thrill of a scenario I've been waiting so long to see on this show, I'm left to sit there and watch as the inevitable unfolds. It was still nice to see Michele's excitement, but it was extremely disppointing and frustrating, because it would've been awesome to have been surprised. Needless to say, that really ticked me off, and made my interest for the show sink. I'll still watch, of course, but it'll be hard to totally enjoy it, knowing that whenever a big moment is ahead, I'll be told about it by ratings-hungry NBC. Ugh. On top of all this, the big-money days are over, and it's back to normal, meaning less excitement and less money. I'm telling you, an escalating jackpot is the way to go. Start at $1,000,000, and up it by $100K every game someone doesn't win it.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 11:12:52 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
I'm telling you, an escalating jackpot is the way to go. Start at $1,000,000, and up it by $100K every game someone doesn't win it.

But at this rate, it would never stop going up!  There would have to be a limit, right?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46:28 PM »
I thought about that, but it wouldn't get incredibly high by the time someone had that chance. Maybe $10,000,000, tops. I mean, obviously that is high, but not way higher than they've ever offered before.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 02:17:12 AM »
I missed Friday's show sadly, but I did see Thursday's show. It wasn't that great. Jeff didn't really make a great deal, although playing it out showed it was. I would have went one more, that offer from the banker was too low. Michele didn't do to well on Thursday, removing both the $3,000,000 and $6,000,000 cases. I didn't see Friday's show, but thanks go out to heelsrule1988 for recapping what happened.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 08:45:17 AM »
WOW!  Michelle's game had much better luck than yesterday.  And It was very exciting to see her bomb the right side of the board and going home with $750,000 and the million.  At least she's happy with $750K.  Now if only this event wasn't spoiled..... :-?  (Same thing happened to last year when NBC couldn't keep the lid shut on someone having the million buck case)  And heels, I fast fowarded the preview and put my hand very close to my face so I wouldn't see the event.

Larry's game is just not great to watch right now.  Barring a miracle, it's likely that this will be the fist big snoozer of the season. :-?

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 12:44:12 PM »
I saw all the shows this week. Michele's $750,000 win was great. It was too bad she didn't get the million. A great week of shows.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »

mike wrote:
I saw all the shows this week. Michele's $750,000 win was great. It was too bad she didn't get the million. A great week of shows.

Overall, I think it was an excellent week of shows. Exciting games, good contestants, great offers.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 09:13:10 PM »
How come those that take chances and go for it rarely get rewarded on this show? I felt really bad for Lary. He kept going when others would've chickened out and ran with the money they were offered. Applause for him on a fine effort. Sherri just never really had anything going for her. Tough to watch someone suffer like that, but the moment with her in-laws stopping by was nice. All in all, though, it wasn't a terrible show. Like I've said before, things seem to get fun and relaxed once the big amounts go bye-bye. Not that I want it to be like that every time, but it's nice to see sometimes.

By the way, the recap is already up for tonight's show. I've started doing something new- during every commercial, I'll recap the previous segment, so by the time the show's over, I'm pretty much done. I don't know why I didn't think of that last season... sigh.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:39 AM »
Last Night was "Banker's Paradise." I believe this is the first time I've seen 2 players in one show turn down a biggest offer yet and have their game sink in an instant.  It seemed like a fun show despite having the big amounts deleted off the board.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:29 PM »
The bad luck continues. Frankie was doing decent for most of the game, and then it just fell apart. At least he managed to make a little something out of his game, though. Malaika looked like she'd have a fine game after the first round, but now she looks doomed. It's early, though, so perhaps things will turn around for her tomorrow night.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 01:49:21 PM »
Yeah, heels.  It seemed like the bad luck bug is here.  Frankie did really well, then started to skid after hitting the million.  He still won $50,000 which isn't too shabby.

Malikia's game is on a skid after hitting the million and $750,000.  Hopefully her luck comes back in a good way.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 11:48:51 PM »
Monday: Lary had it bad from the start. I commend him for having no fear unlike other players who would have wimped out. Sherry didn't do well. Round 5 is what really was tragic, but at least she got to see her in-laws come to the show.

Thursday: Frankie did a good job, having no fear as well. He ended up with a nice amount, and he did make a good deal. Malaika was off to a very rough start, hopefully she turned it around, as I didn't get to see tonight's show.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 08:54:52 AM »
How much does anyone want to bet that one of the banker's offers to Mark on Monday includes a llama?
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »
Sorry guys... my computer totally died last night, and is still acting kind of funny, so the recap for last night's show might not be up until way later, if at all today. I'll let you all know. About the show, though... pretty much a quiet show, except for Malaika's propsoal. Stupid me for not avoiding the intro, though, so I could've been surprised by that.