Author Topic: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread  (Read 69734 times)

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »

noahproblem wrote:
How much does anyone want to bet that one of the banker's offers to Mark on Monday includes a llama?

I was thinking the same thing.

Did the intro give away anything about the proposal? I mean, I turned in a few seconds late, and they weren't even showing the contestants yet. I was surprised by it. Even when he came up with her, I didn't realize it until they showed a case, and Howie said, "Open the case". That's when I realized.

Ha ha. I was waiting to see what they were going to put as the previous offer. "REFUSED".

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »
I wasn't impressed with Mark refusing to see the offer from a viewer's standpoint. Part of watching the game, in my opinion,  is seeing what offers the banker comes up with, and he could have still refused it after. I question whether contestants should be allowed to do what Mark did last night, although it could be argued that's part of the game too, showing up the banker.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2006, 09:27:56 PM »
Recap for Friday's show is now up. Again, sorry for the delay, everyone.

Punchboard91 wrote:
Did the intro give away anything about the proposal?

Yep... go figure. NBC just loves to spoil us.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
Forgive me, but my computer had a meltdown Friday Night.  It was quiet show, aside from Melika's marriage proposal, which NBC couldn't let that secret out of the bag.  Mike's game, just like Rebecca VenDen's game, is on a bad slide after hitrting the million on pick #1.  I wouldn't be shocked if he landmined and left with $5.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2006, 10:54:12 PM »
Our computers just weren't feeling good Friday night, were they? :-(

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 09:10:10 PM »
What the heck was up with Marty's deal?! That's got to be one of the worst deals ever. I know we weren't dealing with huge amounts of money, but still, there's no excuse for his deal. Just plain awful. Latoshia looks fun, but her game isn't going so well. That's a bummer, because I really want to see an exciting game again. Since the opening week of this season, not much has happened.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2006, 09:25:53 PM »
Tonight really wasn't a good night for Deal or No Deal. All of the contestants had horrible beginnings right off the bat. Luckily Marty found the $1,000,000 on the first case. I'd rather find out right away that i don't have it than wait until you get two unopened cases remaining and thinking I have a million.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 09:44:09 PM »
Uh... Marty opened the $1,000,000 case in the third round.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »
Sorry I have my contestants confused. I really didn't remember their names. The guy I'm talking about was the returning contestant on tonight's program.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 11:14:19 AM »
Man what is up here? Mike could'nt get things going as a returning player. Marty just couldn't keep the ball going after his great 1st round.  Latoisha is on a slide after hitting the million in round 2. Hopefully her luck turns around Thursday.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2006, 10:19:39 PM »
Tonight was all about two bad deals odds-wise that ended up being the right decision. That's always bittersweet for me, because I'm happy for the contestant, of course. However, I'm also disappointed, because I'm big on odds when it comes to this show, and that lowers everyone's trust in odds when they see outcomes like this. But, good for Latoshia and Ron.

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:33 PM »
You know, I'm usually one to "take" bad deals, but I felt that Latoshia didn't make such a great deal. True, it worked out in her favor, but, like heels said, it wasn't the greatest.

Ron was on a roll, and then he just started hitting those high amounts. I probably would have taken his deal, as well.

Anyone else here that were hoping the online game they mentioned would be BigJon's game?  :-D

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2006, 10:53:23 PM »
Monday: Mike and Marty both had nothing going for them, and Marty did not make a great deal either. Latoshia hit some very big amounts in the beginning, but she seems very fun, I'd like to see her win alot. Her friend in the middle, Squeaky, was so funny, with Howie asking if she had some helium. Very cute.

Thursday: Tonight I got home at 9:20, so I saw Latoshia's deal of $104,000 and it turned out to be a great deal. I'm glad she kept those two remaining large amounts in play for the rest of the game. Funny how she also had the same outfit as the models. Ron's first three picks of the first round were great, then the other three were not so great. I can't blame him for taking the deal, I mean if he removed the million in his next of 2 cases, he'd never see $131,000 again, which would kind of stink. An okay night.

BTW, I was going to ask: The models currently holding cases 8, 11, 15, and 24, what are their names? I haven't quite caught them yet.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2006, 11:13:36 PM »
Let's see...

8: Enya
11: No clue
15: Keltie
24: No clue

All I know at the moment. Keltie's on the official site, but Enya isn't.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »
Despite the bad deals by both players, it ended up being the right decision.  Lotashia, like heels said, didn't make the best deal, but made the right move.  Ron was on a roll after a rough start in Round 1.  It wasn't the best deal, but it endend up being the right move as he would have hit the million on the last pick during round 5, which would obviously send the offer crashing to the basement.