Author Topic: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread  (Read 69550 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Time to fire up the ol' Deal or No Deal thread
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »
I hate those time spoilers. I wasn't totally sure, though, because he had been turning his offers down pretty quickly.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
Good to have you back, Deal or No Deal... it was a long 15 days without you. Well, it wasn't all that bad, considering I made a fun little trip in between that included a drive by your home... but you get the point. I had hoped with the turn of the month, we'd get rid of the dreadfulness that May brought to this show. Unfortunately, the bad luck continued. I want to see the exciting games again. We used to see games like that all the time in the old days, but now, hardly ever. As long as Arthur's got the million dollars in play, I guess he's got a shot at something big.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »
I was pretty disappointed about last night's show. First off last night I taped it because it was the first time Deal or No Deal went on location to the contestant's house. I thought it was cool. But then she said she wanted to play the game in the studio and Howie approved it! I thought that was really a waste of time! But then again the models were probably glad considering they didn't have stands to hold the suitcase like usual. That platform really should've been built bigger too. The models were just crammed up there. And unfortunately our contestant's game never really took off. It was pretty much downhill after the 2nd round. And it doesn't look like Arthur's is going that great either. Hopefully he'll get more than $10.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
I was bummed about that too... I was expecting an entire game like that. It would have been hard on the models, though, for the reasons you mentioned.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2007, 10:07:29 PM »
The finish to Arthur's game was nice, but then we had yet another terrible game. It's almost something to be expected now. Despite that, though, I was in a pretty good mood... Lindsay having $300 in Arthur's game was nice, but when she had the penny in Jesse's game, that took care of my mood the rest of the way. I enjoy the show so much more when she does well. That's six low amounts in a row for her. Her best streak ever is eight, although we won't know if she ties or breaks it until next season.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2007, 03:31:50 PM »
After watching numerous episodes where someone gets a very low amount in the end, it's pretty understandable that they want to keep the case and play all the way to the end. Yesterday, LaunchCast played a promo that said that somebody will play to the end. That did not surprise me because I predicted either that person will get a low amount or get at least $750,000.
So when Arthur's game ended with that super hot and sweet Deal package, my main concern is what will happen to Jesse. When he started to lose the large amounts, I figured he would lose outright to the Banker.

These promos can get you any which way you can.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2007, 01:09:46 AM »
So ends another season. On the positive side, we finally saw a really good game, but on the negative side, we saw it end too soon. No excuse for Laurel taking that deal. The dreaded time spoiler prepared me for it, but still, it was a disappointing end to the season. What wasn't disappointing was Lindsay coming up big yet again. She'll carry into next season a streak of seven low amounts, one shy of tying her all-time record. Can't wait to see if we get any new models next season... I expect about two or three. See you in September, Deal!

The recap for this show won't be up for a bit, because my computer has been acting up lately, and it's gotten kind of bad tonight. I'm going to try to get it fixed tomorrow, so the recap could possibly be up then.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »
I didn't like Laurel taking the deal for $272k, but I could kind of see why she took it, it's a lotta money.  She still had $500k and $1 mil left.  She had my case, 19.  If she had picked 20, she would have had the million dollar case.  I might have taken the $368k deal.  Deal or No Deal left on a high note, with a big winner.  $272k is nothing to complain about.

Till September, DOND.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
The season ends with a fairly good game. Laurel was a good contestant. She wasn't to overexpressive or too show-offy, just right down the middle. She played a really decent game, but I too think she stopped too early. I probably would have went once more, and actually knock out the million! I was saying pick Alike for the longest time. Anyway, it was nice to finally see a big winner (the last $200,000+ winner was Anteia on March 5), but the time spoiler came into effect once again. My two thoughts were: either she was going to take the deal, or turn down the offer, play, knock out the million, and take the next offer. I'm glad the latter didn't happen. Anyway, thanks for another good season, and hopefully this September will start an even better one. See you soon, ladies. I do expect some newbies also, but I really do hope all of them return. I love Patricia and Marisa, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly leave (she took over for Meghan, who sadly left the show back whenever). Can't wait! Thanks for your recaps too heelsrule1988, they're always great!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »
Recap is now up. I'm on break until September! Although I'd rather not be, since it means three months without Deal. :-(

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »
When I saw Laurel's game, I thought for sure she'd win the million. But hey, $272,000 isn't bad, especially when we've waited three months just have a $100,000+ winner. Good job, Laurel. :D (I was even more shocked to see just $300 in her case!)

NOTE: I'm posting from the computers in the library at college (because I still haven't found any hidden "cookies" on my home computer that prevent me from accessing the "Out in left field" forums or posting messages on the forums). ;-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »
If you seriously thought she was going to win it all, I guess you didn't pay attention to the time...

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #357 on: June 21, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »
I got bored and decided to do a writeup on Season 2. Coming shortly will be a complete list of contestants in the show's history. Here goes...

Deal or No Deal’s first full season was an exciting one for sure, despite the top prize remaining unclaimed. 93 games were played, over $10,000,000 was given away, and many lives were instantly changed. Here’s a recap of Deal’s second season.

September

Season 2 started off with a bang, as the opening week featured insanely high top prizes. Matthew “Matty” Solina and Kimberly Chastang won $675,000 and $701,000, respectively, although it could be argued that they bailed out too early. They would both be topped by Michele Falco, whose game was unquestionably the greatest in the history of the show. She went the distance, and with $750,000 and $1,000,000 as the last two amounts remaining, she was guaranteed to walk out with a life-changing amount of money. She turned down an $880,000 offer and found $750,000 in her case. While it wasn’t the million dollars, no contestant to date has won more. After Michele’s game, the money tables returned to normal, and the games took a turn for the worse. Malaika Merrick’s $105,000 win was the most successful game the rest of the month.

October

Things started to turn around as the calendar changed from September to October. There were three straight $100,000+ winners, and nearly a fourth in the enthusiastic Adalis Marreo. $500,000 was still on the board in the ninth round, but in one of the most heartbreaking finishes ever, she eliminated it by choosing Hayley and case #25. She ended up leaving with the $750 that was in her case. Things picked back up, though, as the next five out of six contestants won $100,000+, with P.J. Dykes being the richest in that stretch, taking away $321,000. While October featured big winners, it also saw two contestants pick the million-dollar case without winning it.

November

Anita English kicked off November in huge fashion, keeping $1,000,000 in play through eight rounds. However, with a $313,000 offer on the table and no safety net, she decided it was time to go. Her decision turned out to be a good one, as she would have eliminated the top prize on her very next choice had she played on. Peter Shine also did quite well, as his lowest amount on the board through seven rounds was $75,000. He knocked out $750,000 and $400,000 in rounds eight and nine, but still managed $100,000, which was in his case. The November 17 show had a Deal first: two players playing one game. Sisters Casey Penston and Courtney Rudy teamed up for a game of “Double Deal”, in which every value on the board was doubled. While they didn’t have a whole lot of luck in their game, they still won a nice $216,000. In the very next game, the lime green-loving Zanny Henseler became the first contestant to accept an offer with no cash in it. Her prize was a lime green 2007 Cadillac Escalade worth $83,755, complete with spinning rims and seven video screens. Deal had a two-hour show on Thanksgiving, although the games lacked exciting big wins. Joe Kaiser was the biggest winner of the three contestants to play on that show, winning $59,000. Contrasting this show was the final show of the month, featuring one of the most popular contestants in Deal history, Brooks Leach. The beer-loving man from Arkansas claimed to love women, so as he eliminated cases, the models holding each case he eliminated went and sat behind him instead of exiting the stage as they normally do. After round eight, with $500,000 still on the board, he was offered $147,000. He stunned everyone by rejecting the offer, and unfortunately, he eliminated the $500,000 case in the very next round. In the end, he won not only the $10 in his case, but the hearts of many of the viewers watching that night.

December

With only four shows and six games, December was a short month. It did see some big winners in that short time, though. Shayla Ellis led the way with $264,000, while Karen Kulcsar won $151,000, and Skip Allen took home $136,000 on the Christmas show.

January

The first month of 2007 was fairly dull on Deal, as only two players won more than $100,000. A new addition was brought in, though: Double or Nothing. This feature gave the contestant the option to try to double their winnings or end up with nothing. On January 7, the first Sunday show in Deal history, Kathy Beck was the first contestant to be given this opportunity, but she declined and kept her $99,000. Double or Nothing was only used for one other game, and that contestant also chose not to play it.

February

Two games of Double Deal were played at the beginning of the month, although neither one produced any huge winners. Giuseppe Iannello finished with a nice $127,000, but Emika Porter won only $15,000. On February 18, Tony Kolton took a deal that confused everyone watching, including Howie. After only four rounds and with $200,000, $300,000, and $500,000 still on the board, he accepted a $94,000 offer. The very next night, Pyong Kong played his way to a very emotional finish. He ended up accepting a $211,000 offer with $750,000 remaining but no safety net. Fortunately, it worked out well, because the next case he would have eliminated had the $750,000. In a stunning coincidence, the three amounts left on the board when he took the deal were $75, $750, and $750,000, and in an even more shocking twist, Pyong’s case held $750, the same amount that his parents came to America from Korea with. Howie look-alike Wayne Ramos was the biggest winner of the month, taking home $277,000. He took the deal despite having $400,000 and $750,000 still intact.

March

As the month got started, Anteia Greer became one of the biggest winners in a regular game of Deal. She accepted an offer of $402,000 in the eighth round, despite still having $400,000 and $750,000 on the board. Anteia had $400 in her case, though, so it ended up being a good deal. The March 12 show was two hours long, and dubious history was made that night. Two contestants selected the million-dollar case, and even worse, both made early deals. Hugh Neisler bailed in the fifth round with a $99,000 offer, and Dave Atherton took an $81,000 offer in the third round, the earliest bailout in Deal history. On the next show, twin sisters Annie Hewlitt and Aubrey Wentworth played a Double Deal game. The game was unique in that each sister got to pick a case, and also in that they took turns picking cases for each round. For example, if Annie picked all of the cases in one round, Aubrey would pick all of the cases in the next round. Unfortunately, they didn’t have very much luck, leaving with only $6,000.

April

Alaskan Heidi Kurtz started April off with a nice $204,000 win. When she took the deal in the sixth round, $200,000, $400,000, and $500,000 were all still in play, but she only had $200,000 in her case, and if she had played on, she would have never received a higher offer. Heidi’s game was the only big highlight of the month, though, as only one other contestant won more than $100,000. Unfortunately, that was only the beginning of the doldrums to come.

May

This was unquestionably the most frustrating month in Deal history. There were only five games, but there was only one contestant who won a five-figure amount in May. In the first game of the month, Julie Lanero became the lowest winner in the show’s history, coming away with only $1. On the next show, Deal’s 100th, Brooks Leach was invited back. He once again ended up with hardly anything, but unlike last time, his game never really had any potential. All the big amounts were gone after only 16 cases had been eliminated, and he ended up with the $400 in his case. Although New York City subway hero Wesley Autrey’s game on May 21 also had a disappointing finish, the ride to get there was unprecedented. He knocked out all of the six-figure amounts after only three rounds, leaving the top prize of $1,000,000 as the only big amount remaining. Amazingly, he kept it in play all the way to the ninth round, where his luck finally ended. The million-dollar case was eliminated, and he won only the $25 in his case. However, after the game, Chrysler gave him a Jeep Patriot in honor of his brave deed.

June

The final month of Season 2 picked up where May left off: in frustration. Mary Mirolla, who played the first round of her game in her front yard, nearly became the first contestant to win $.01, the lowest amount on the board, as that and $10 were the two remaining amounts in the tenth and final round. Her case contained $10, though, so she just missed out on history. Next up was Miami Heat and Dwyane Wade fan Arthur Joseph, who bailed after only the fourth round. However, the offer presented to him was a very special one. His offer consisted of $10,000 along with: a 2006 championship ring, a basketball court makeover in his home country of Trinidad, a spot on set with the Heat as they film their promotional/player introduction video for the 2007-2008 season, a VIP game experience in which he will be driven to the game in a limousine and meet Dwyane Wade, Shaquille O’Neal, and Pat Riley, a team poster with his picture next to the Heat players, two lower-level season tickets for the 2007-2008 season, and a signed Dwyane Wade jersey. Any sports fan passionate about their team will agree that Arthur made the right decision in taking that deal. After that, Jesse Puttananickal continued the slump, finishing with the $100 in his case. His game’s destiny seemed to be foreshadowed from the start, with $200,000 and $1,000,000 being the first two amounts he eliminated. On June 18, Laurel Martin closed out Season 2 on a high note. Her game got better and better as it went along, and although she still had $500,000 and $1,000,000 remaining after six rounds, she decided to quit while she was ahead and accept a $272,000 offer. If she had continued, her highest offer would have been $520,000, as she would have kept the million-dollar case in play the entire way. The top prize wasn’t in her case, though, so things weren’t totally disappointing. After the game, all of the models came out for a curtain call, danced with Laurel and her family, and with that, Season 2 came to a close.

EDIT: Here's the aforementioned list of contestants... http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/31/718456/List%20of%20Contestants.doc