Author Topic: Troubled times for the Habs  (Read 8696 times)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: Troubled times for the Habs
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
Umm, Go Flyers? :P

What does Philly do best? Same to the Flyers, from me to you: BOO!  :oldevil: Take Richards and Hartnell elsewhere. (No, you can be allowed, just kidding.) I must say, I do envy the Flyers' physical play; that's the real reason you won the East semis against us and should be commended for such. (Can we make this thread an 'All Purpose Habs Thread'?)

In other news, Boouins lose 2-0 to Florida. Yay!
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »
Great way for them to come back, today! 5-3 win against Ottawa. And for the past few seasons, they played horribly on the "Hockey Day In Canada" games.

And Kovy made one hell of a come back!

You heard it first : Habs will win the cup this year! I can feel it! :D I'm putting my flag on my car tomorrow!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 05:58:47 PM »
Great way for them to come back, today! 5-3 win against Ottawa. And for the past few seasons, they played horribly on the "Hockey Day In Canada" games.

And Kovy made one hell of a come back!

You heard it first : Habs will win the cup this year! I can feel it! :D I'm putting my flag on my car tomorrow!

You do that Franc! Please! Or in this case s'il vous plait! I haven't spoken French for quite a while! Lol.  :oldlol: And I always want to dawn a Habs jersey or to wear a shirt bearing the team's logo! GO HABS GO!  :biggrin:

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »
Pour Franc et wpghi5!

Allons-y:

Bon temps! C'est l'année!

Boston tied 2-2 to Tampa, ha!

Once I finally get Office, I'll make us a Price logo to put in that other thread, to rival the 'Go Leafs Go' one!

Finally made it in life!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »

Once I finally get Office, I'll make us a Price logo to put in that other thread, to rival the 'Go Leafs Go' one!

You do that Prizes!  :biggrin:

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »
You're good luck, Franc! Much better play since this thread started! A 3-0 masterpiece against Vancouver. Anyone else think Halak deserves a shot everyday between the pipes? Maybe Guy won't get the boot, if they play this well. Ground Philly out! Try to be more physical; I'd like to see what happens. Granted, it isn't the style the Habs play, but still, you never know. Given Briere's injuries this year, I'm glad (at least this year) we didn't sign him.

I was thinking of this the last few days...
Remember last year? We were in 5th place a lot of the year, until Ottawa came tumbling down to an average ream, at best. Then, the Habs got super hot, at the same time. Could it happen again, except with Boston replacing Ottawa? Granted they got Ryder back, and trounced Florida 6-1, but, you never know.

Finally made it in life!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »
They better keep it going now and that Guy better stick with Halak as the go-to guy on net for the Habs!  :biggrin: I know they can do it again just like last season and even more!  :biggrin: Boy has their luck changed since you posted this topic here Franc! Bravo!  :biggrin:

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 01:40:34 PM »
So Bob Gainey traded Steve Begin to Dallas. It's a shame cuz Begin, regardless of his talent, was a guy that was always there, and was always working hard. Unfortunately, sometimes, good intentions won't win Stanley Cups. Best of luck to Steve in Texas!

Meanwhile, Habs picked up Philadelphia's Glen Metropolit from the waiver list. Ironically enough, if he plays tonight, he'll be playing against his former team.

This is gonna be interresting!

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
I like Glen- I assume he takes Begin's spot. (From someone on a sports site I'm on sometimes, unfortunately, someone calls Janik the worst defenceman in the NHL. Let's hope he gets some Hab magic...)  "Good in tight spaces," they say about Metropolit.

That's needed tonight- Habs lose in regulation, and it's Boston's clinched division. Even with an overtime or shootout loss, the best they can do is tie the Boouins. Boston has the tie breaker already, too. If Boston wins against Alex and the Caps, it's basically over. Hard to do- Boston won 6-0 against the Ducks, with 4 in the 2nd. We have the Sharks after tonight- that'd be some challenge. Glad it's in the Bell.

The other story, as always, is Briere and why he is not in Montreal. First game back from injury (groin surgery). I was angry when Philly signed him; not now though!

Win for Metropolit.

Finally made it in life!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
I'm sure they're going to do it!  :biggrin: And hopefully the Bruins do lose tonight!  :-P

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 10:18:17 PM »
Division chances still alive!  :biggrin: We had an OT, PP winner by someone who isn't a doormat: Mattew (or in French, Matieu) Schnieder, who we got from Atlanta. I'm shocked we won, honestly. We were down 2-0 until around midway part of the 1st period, then, bang!, 3 unanswered. Gagne got a breakaway goal, but Bresbois, defending him, just got a bad break.  Last score before OT, and this is now 6 straight at Philly, minus postseason.

This is an image of Mahi-Mahi Shark fillet; let's eat up the Sharks, who are next on the list of my giant Habitite! I have a buffalo burger as my next course, by the way.

Also, Boston plays tomorrow; hope I can watch.

Finally made it in life!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 12:26:49 AM »

This is an image of Mahi-Mahi Shark fillet; let's eat up the Sharks, who are next on the list of my giant Habitite! I have a buffalo burger as my next course, by the way.

Let's do Prizes!  :oldlol: Along with an buffalo burger as well!  :oldlol: So glad they won!  :biggrin:

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »
Well, now Boston lost 4-3 in OT today. So that only eliminates our division chances with a regulation loss. Love what I see from Halak early, unfortunately, a lot. Way to go, Laraque! I don't believe Shelley even got one punch on him!

A-Kos looks nice, too (hustle, alertness, good decisions, etc.). We might have the greatest fans anywhere, but, a louder crowd tonight; much like a Boston crowd. Bring the energy! Ooo, Power Play!

*Posted at just past 10:40 of 1st.*

EDIT: It's "Make Your Markov!" GOOOOAALLLL!!! BUUUUTTTT! 1-0, play that Vertigo! Looks like my suggestion to have the Habs play more physical is working, non?

EDIT 2: Engorge on the goal, San Jose! Are the Habs Joshing me here? GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!! BBBBUUUUUTTTTT!!!! 2-0! Wow. This meal sure does taste good.

EDIT 3: We've Sak('d)u Boucher!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:47:19 PM by prizes22 »

Finally made it in life!

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 08:10:06 PM »
Drat, Pavelski on San Jose Power Play. And, then, Jumbo Joe!  8-O AGH!

Uh-oh...  :-(

Power Play Sharks again. This is scary. Kill it! Whew, a only a post. Big save, Halak! Power play killed; yes!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:19:20 PM by prizes22 »

Finally made it in life!

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 09:35:59 PM »
Game! We Won! Again. This is awesome! :biggrin: Getting the grill out...

Finally made it in life!