Author Topic: Today's Rerun....Card Game Getting Setup  (Read 3269 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Today's Rerun....Card Game Getting Setup
« on: September 06, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »
I'm watching today's rerun and I'm impressed.  During Arlene's crazy excitement over "A NEW TRUCK!", it was really neat to see the stagehands setting up Card Game.  I didn't know there was an electrical/technical outlet right there in the Turntable, but I guess it makes sense (Race Game, Take Two, etc.).  What other kinds of technology is in that Turntable?  I know the setup for the Showcases is there, but what else technology-wise is there?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Today's Rerun....Card Game Getting Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »
And also today was the first 10k winner on the wheel in season 34 too.  Only 6 more reruns left now until season 35 debut.  I can hardly wait. And I have that day off from work too.  It will be exciting to watch regardless if we have a chatroom or not.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »
Actually, they weren't plugging Card Game into the front of the turntable -- they were just tucking the cord against the steps so that it wouldn't be seen just sitting on the white floor in any of the shots.

The showcase displays plug into the floor of the turntable, and the games played on the turntable are plugged in somewhere in the vicinity, but nothing plugs into the front.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where Card Game plugs in, but it has a long cord that goes somewhere offstage, which is what you saw.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »
Was this episode 5/2? Missed today's show.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 03:00:15 PM »
Yes, this was the 5/2 episode, which was Bob's first episode back after foot surgery.