Author Topic: "1980s cues" questions  (Read 5761 times)

• In the Audience
"1980s cues" questions
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »
Previously, I posted a topic about a car cue premiered in the '80s. Now, I found another cue from this clip played for "Take Two" prizes, the same one recently played for a trip to someplace fantastic.

Anyone familiar with "1980s Showcase #2 cue" that has orchestral arrangement in it, not the other "1980s showcase theme" with the organ arrangement? I wanted to post a link of it, but I don't feel like doing so right now. Find it in either one of 1980s episodes from j-shea.com or one of Season 34 summer reruns that already aired.

Here are questions below:

* How do we call them if they have no names?

* What websites can I ONLY listen (not watch) them?

* I know there is 1980s Temptation cue, 2 trip cues, Race Game cue, grocery/small-prize version of "1980s Temptation cue", and that's it. What else for other cues premired in the '80s?

EDIT: some changes and another question. 'nuff said

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "1980s cues" questions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:26:43 PM »

hollowmale wrote:

Here are questions below:

* How do we call them if they have no names?

* What websites can I ONLY listen (not watch) them?

1) Most people refer to cues in the place you are most likely to hear them at.  The cue you hear traditionally at the beginning of 10 chances for instance, I'd probably call the 10 chances cue, even though it may be "Cue 20A" or "Eric".  Others that come to mind:  Spelling Bee cue, Race Game Cue, etc.  If they have no names.. well, they have no name...

2) I only know of 2 sites that have cues on them, without announcing or game play over them:

http://www.80stvthemes.com in the Game Shows->Price is Right section.

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/

Neither of these sites has anything close to the total number of cues Price has in its library however.  Still, we are lucky to be able to get our hands on what they do have.

Offline ewalker3

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »
true however their "official" studio titles (aka how stan titles them) is generall a number or letter with a number

some of the cues have titles, but none of the names that have been floated around for years on the net.

ie the cue you usually hear for now and then is titles 101 on the Spoton (the replacement for the digicarts) system.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 03:52:37 AM »
CaseyGV wrote:

The cue you hear traditionally at the beginning of 10 chances for instance, I'd probably call the 10 chances cue, even though it may be "Cue 20A" or "Eric".

Or "Sam."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 06:21:21 AM »

Anyone familiar with "1980s Showcase #2 cue" that has orchestral arrangement in it, not the other "1980s showcase theme" with the organ arrangement?

Are you refering to the music that used to be the opening theme to the Around the World showcase, and is played for furniture showcases instead of Splendo?

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

TPIR75 wrote:

Anyone familiar with "1980s Showcase #2 cue" that has orchestral arrangement in it, not the other "1980s showcase theme" with the organ arrangement?

Are you refering to the music that used to be the opening theme to the Around the World showcase, and is played for furniture showcases instead of Splendo?

Maybe that could be it, but maybe it'd be nice if you have a link to this cue you're referring.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »
hollowmale,

This is now the thrid time I've seen you ask, and the lack of responses from our members should indicate that the cues you request are not available for download via the internet.

I believe that somebody has already provided you with a couple of links to some sites that offer music downloads.  Why don't you check those out?

Marc