Author Topic: The Colour of Money- UK Game Show  (Read 2526 times)

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
The Colour of Money- UK Game Show
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »
Thought I'd share this cool game show with you. I'm hoping this game show comes to the US in some form. Some people are saying it'd be perfect for FOX. :-D

Billed as "the most stressful game show on British TV," this game show debuted in the UK on February 21st. It's kinda like Deal or No Deal, there are 20 ATM machines that are each programmed to give out varying amounts of money. Each contestant is given a target amount of money to withdraw, and must pick 10 of 20, literally colorful, ATM machines.

When they go up to a machine, similar to Bong-Game radio games, the machine counts up 1000, 2000, 3000, etc., as long as it has enough money in it to do so. The contestant has to stop the machine (by yelling "STOP!" at it) when they're satisfied with the amount showing, because if they let the machine go over its programmed limit, the machine locks out the contestant, and they score nothing for that machine.

The first part of the premiere episode is here. I love this game show myself, and I hope some of you do too. :)

Offline jzion12345

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Colour of Money- UK Game Show
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
as I said on Buzzerblog when Alex posted the show in the full, I suppose that loud alarm is meant to wake people up when they doze off during the show. This show is a one trick pony that is boring as hell. Radio stations have played a game like this for years, and GSN Radio plays it as well. It's great there, but only once, and not 10 times spread out through a full show. This is boring, and so not like what I'd expect from a show from the UK.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »
that seems like a kool and, as you mentioned, stressful game show. I'd love to see this come to the U.S.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
It kind of reminds me of a game from Let's Make a Deal.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
I just watched the episode in the YouTube link. This game is sorta like "How much is Enough" only with more pressure

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
I ended up going on the ITV website and found the online game about 10 minutes ago  :biggrin:. Unfortunately, Americans or Canadians can't play the game. BUT, somehow, I managed to play one game (with a bad result i might add)

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
Frantically hit to the left of the Skip button, and after Chris' intro, the Quick Play button will pop up for a split second. If you manage to get the disclaimer for the 18-year-old rule, you've gotten in.

This takes multiple attempts, often.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
Now I know why they call it the most stressful game show; it's nearly impossible to get in! I tried Greg's method, but to no avail.

While it isn't exactly relevant, ITV has an awesome Price game. Since I'm not from the UK, I feel like such as Joe Plinko after playing this, especially because I got wiped out in Money Game.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!