Author Topic: "Barker's Marker$" question (does this seem unfair?)  (Read 9857 times)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "Barker's Marker$" question (does this seem unfair?)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 11:54:03 AM »
I know there was a very rare occasion when a contestant came on down on accident because he misheard his name and asked bob for 5 dollars and bob gave it to him.  I don't know if he had to give that back to bob.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 12:21:26 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
Cash winnings are automatically deducted from taxes, so when all is said and done, I doubt there's ever been a Lucky $even who actually physically received any money.

Wasn't there a picture at one time of a contestant showing off a check for a single-digit amount, either from Any Number or Lucky $even? I may be wrong on this, but I think I heard once that if a California resident wins money, then they receive the full amount in the check but are required to pay income tax on it at the end of the year (as opposed to a contestant out-of-state, who has California income tax automatically deducted, since they wouldn't otherwise file with the state). Any cash winners from California who can confirm or deny?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
When I won $1100 in cash on the show in 1992, I was a California resident.  I received a check for the entire $1100.  Somewhere I have a copy of it, if anybody needs absolute proof.  :-)