Author Topic: The new Wheel season  (Read 4834 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
The new Wheel season
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
I just thought I'd remind you Wheel fans that tomorrow, 9/11/06, starts Wheel's new season. I thought I read somewhere this is their 25th anniversary season. Also, they have the list of theme weeks already posted for this season at www.wheeloffortune.com.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: The new Wheel season
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »
catdogwheel wrote:

I thought I read somewhere this is [Wheel's] 25th anniversary season.

For a show that started in 1983?  Me no thinks so.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:34:10 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
catdogwheel wrote:

I thought I read somewhere this is [Wheel's] 25th anniversary season.

For a show that started in 1983?  Me no thinks so.

I figured I was wrong more than likely.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »
While we're on this subject let me ask this: When Wheel was on CBS in 1989, did every episode tape in studio 33?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:04:44 PM »
As far as I know they were. I remember reading that when Wheel moved back to NBC in the early 90's that they still taped from Studio 33.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:39:32 PM »
I caught the Wheel premiere tonight.  Nothing really new though expect for the HD, which doesn't benefit me since I don't own a HDTV set.

I'm really looking forward to the debut of the Wild Card later this year (November?).  I looks like that will be a great addition.  Also the $500 on the Jackpot space will be a nice addition.  I hate it when they get a bunch of letters on the Jackpot wedge and can't solve the puzzle, they get absolutely nothing.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 10:01:18 PM »
It's really interesting to hear the remix of the "Happy Wheels" theme.  Also interesting are the redesigned $10,000, $2500, $3500, and $5000 spaces.  I think the new fonts, colors, and outlines for the normal spaces on the wheel are cool.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Geoffrey Weagraff

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 12:04:46 AM »
I saw the season premiere, and I thought it was pretty good. But I thought it was going to be in HD. I did watch the HD channel, but it was still showing in the old 4:3 format. This was on TV38 in Boston. So, I'm guessing that it's shown in HD on some stations, but not others.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 03:06:36 AM »
I haven't watched Wheel much in a while, but I looked at the TV listings on my cable box and it shows both Wheel and Jeopardy! in HD on KOMO-DT(Seattle).  I set it up to record tomorrow's episode to verify this.

Offline James_Fabiano

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »
Anyone got pictures of the set for this new season, particularly good shots of the wheel?  You know, to tide me over till I can possibly finally see it tomorrow :-)
I STILL BELIEVE IN "THE PRICE IS RIGHT"

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 04:05:08 AM »
I DVR'd Wheel and Jepoardy! today, and it looks like the local channel is still broadcasting the SD versions of the episodes.  I'm seeing reports from some people on the Jeopardy message board that theie affiliates are going to phase in the HD episodes later on.  The new Jeopardy! set looks nice, although I'm not entirely sure I like the new podiums.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 06:11:57 PM »
If you look carefully at the first 3 episodes of Wheel this season, you might see some familiar faces from this board.  I saw UnclePlinko during audience shots in both episodes thus far.  Me, I was in the far stage right side of the studio.  I don't remember the cameras coming anywhere near our section.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »
I got a response back from KOMO on an e-mail I sent about Wheel and Jepoardy in HD, and they told me that they will not be broadcasting the shows in HD because of a format incompatibility (the shows are produced in 1080i, they can apparently only broadcast 720p, which is the standard for ABC programming.)  Is there anyone here who gets these shows on an ABC station that is broadcasting them in HD?