Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/23/2009  (Read 51975 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/23/2009
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »
Has there always been a brace at the top of the Big Wheel?  Usually the shot avoids the very top of the wheel, but it was visible today.

I wanna say that's been there since sometime in 2003.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »
Money: Despite not a wise choice to choose 20, Catheine starts things off in a rapid-fire way. Excellent.  :-)

Easy: P.U. Shucks!!!! What kind of bloody music did they play? Get rid of it!!!! The peanut gallery claims another player's instincts again and showing them in that bumper to commercial added more insult to injury.

Bonus: WELCOME BACK!!!!!  :-D :-D :-D Turntable shot intact as well. Loved it!!!! Drew did looked "spaced out" after revealing the first prize. That's the trouble when a game that's been MIA since October has to endure. Great playing, though.

P-a-N: Meh.

Grand: It was a 50-50 choice between the batteries and the log for me. I'm glad Mariah went on the right route!!! Great win.  :-)

TTM: The 2nd price again??!!! The Dob didn't take it this far.  :evil:

Showcases: What a drag with the first showcase!!! Maybe the writers ran out of ideas about what should follow the cash?

A 3.25-star show.

Offline BudMann9

• Outside in Line
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:10 PM »
In Money Game, does one win the money collected in the left-handed column if one wins the car?

I'd also to someday see the 10th panel in That's Too Much revealed.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »
Yes, people do win any money they find on the Money Game board in addition to the car.

A few years ago, someone went all the way to the tenth price in That's Too Much and not surprisingly lost.  Also, earlier this year I believe, Drew revealed all of the prices, including the tenth one.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »
OPEN - I think this is the first time Mike Richards has had any camera time.

Money -  "Guess what audience, you're wrong!"   :lol:

Eazy - That cue used during the prize descriptions made my ears bleed a little.  Cool shot of Rachel wheeling out the blocks, though.

Bonus - Yay! Bonus Game is back! :-D  Did anyone notice that the paint was peeling a bit on the arrow things? See for yourself.

SCSD#1 - Ouch!

PA# - That was a tough-ish setup considering how cheap the spa was.

Grandy - I like how Drew said that listening to the family is "one of the worst things you can do."  :-P

THAT'S TOO MUCH! I was told to stop - Now that was downright impossible.

SHOWCASES
$17,000
$23,500

SC1 looked like it was hastily written during Lillian's bonus spin!  How many of those Nascar racing games do they have?

OVERALL - I liked Drew's hosting today.  It was a definite plus to see Adam trot out Bonus Game.  And a car game sixth, too!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 09:14:19 PM by magic#92 »
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
Bonus - Yay! Bonus Game is back! :-D  Did anyone notice that the paint was peeling a bit on the arrow things? See for yourself.

As happy as I was to see Bonus Game, it looks awful in high-def.  And it's not just the butt-ugly color scheme.  The paint peeling, the faux-crackle on the sides, it just looks bad from start to finish.  If they want to continue playing this game (and I pray that they do), they need to simplify its design.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2009, 09:45:10 PM »

You know, considering how long as it was absent, they sure as heck could've painted the dern thing!
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline JasonA1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »
The snafu put a damper on the triumphant return of Bonus Game. Looked good in its old reveal. The fact nobody got Drew's attention today about the mix up shows how the Double Prices debacle probably happened. Quite a lack of teamwork and/or fear of Drew at work there. Shame. He seemed to know things were amiss today, and that was good. Drew was trying.

Enjoyed the line up - did not enjoy price 2 being correct in That's Too Much again. And I agree with Steve on the cue in Easy as 123 today.

-Jason

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2009, 10:06:13 PM »
Grand Game

1. Did anyone notice I think for the 1st time since season 36, the neon borders were green during Grandy Game
2. Did anyone notice that on the Grand Game WIN, the neon borders around the big doors went into their color cycles, the inner and outer door lights began chasing, the TT lights began chasing AND the audience lights began fading.... Talk about a LIGHT SHOW...
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »
I will give Drew a pass on Bonus Game. it hadn't been played in nearly FIVE months. That's one hell of a long time between playings.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
If they want to continue playing this game (and I pray that they do), they need to simplify its design.

Draw something up that in your mind "simplifies" it.  Remember that this game will be used by the same man who forked up Double Prices.

I will give Drew a pass on Bonus Game. it hadn't been played in nearly FIVE months. That's one hell of a long time between playings.

So???  By that rationale, any game not yet taken out of "mini-retirement" should be forever forgotten?

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2009, 10:51:08 PM »
Ooh, no glasses. Going for the Jim Lange 1982 21 pilot no-glasses look, huh. Kinda difficult in my opinion because to me, Drew does not see too well without his glasses. I don't think I can now in an environment like that.

Money Game: I went for that look; it didn't work. It sounds like Catherine's daughter doesn't watch the game well enough, thinking that 20 could be the last two numbers. Then she was going to suggest 37; that wouldn't work either. Either they're doing the F-n-B or the B-n-F. They did the F-n-B.

Eazy az 123: I had a feeling the Apple would be worth over $3000. Britney probably thought so, too. Oh, the influence of the audience....

Bonus Game: Wow! SUPER ROTATION! Another rewind-and-watch-the-rotation-a-lot-more-times moment! Takes me back a few years ago when something like this happened. The way Drew handled the choices really threw me off. At least we all know how the game(s) work(s). If I was there, I probably would've made note of it similar to what I really done to another pricing game. Heck, I would've said lower too on the speakers. I hope (Brian and) I did not blow the game because of that last choice. [We] didn't.
Every time that "Fairfax" is mentioned, I sometimes wonder if Fairfax Ave is based on it.
Man, I think watching it in High Def would give the show and games more detail than seeing it in person. I think I need to invest in a high def television...

Pick-a-Number:
Okay, I have to let it out after a week.
When I was at the tapings, I try to follow directions from EVERYBODY so I won't end up being ineligible or allowed in the studio for (possibly) future tapings. I remembered from those tapings that Rich would tell us in his warm-up to [1] walk up the stage right (the usual) steps after winning the One Bid;
[2] run and play with our winning prizes if you want;
[3] stay with Drew after losing a game;
and a few others. From this episode alone, two of those suggestions were violated and one was enacted. I recalled a few people writing how lame (or similar negative words) it is for them to run to their prizes if they win it. If I was a contestant, I would follow every rule given to me. If they tell me to check out my prize, I'll do it. If they tell me to stay with Drew after I lose, I'll stay. Besides, I think it's lame to walk away from the host after a loss in the first place. I think all the excitement of being on the show does kinda make you forget that, which is understandable.

Grand Game: For the Lenten season, we're going to add another form of grocery product: Fish.
I kinda understand now about Drew's "libertarianism" thingy. The meat and fish and the foreign cars are here now. Please correct me if am wrong.

That's Too Much!: The second price? That's really putting emphasis on the title with the other prices.
I'll add a little story about Drew's Mini in my upcoming trip report.

Showcases: That's it? Just a game, trip and $1500? I would agree to go low. For the second Showcase, as soon as I saw the Seattle's Best coffee and then the trip, where else?
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
Let it be known, I most certainly give Drew the benefit of the doubt. I'm more surprised that the producers didn't give Drew a quick review of how the game works.

Nick, no hard feelings. Sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves and not take ourselves too seriously.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:10:39 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »
Does Drew still attend the rehearsals?  It seems like game mechanics is something that should be reinforced in rehearsal...

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 10:58:01 PM »
whammy_2000 -> Am I missing something, or do you really not know Drew's frames are fake?

BigJon -> I think we've seen that on the Big Wheel too, my theory is that it pretty much accompanies any clang-whoop that goes off. (additionally: $1000 Big Wheel wins)

sideshow -> I agree with Willy here... how does one make Bonus Game simpler than it is?