Author Topic: 38th Season Premiere Taping question  (Read 23271 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 38th Season Premiere Taping question
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 11:37:43 PM »
I need to know who's going.  I'm already making my plans.... This'd be my 3rd straight season of attending the season premiere.....
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 07:47:54 PM »
I think that Willy has spoken numerous times about not announcing to the forum you are attending a particular tape date.
It singles you out, and as seen from the recent live taping thread, people from the show do read the website.
We've noticed a disturbing trend of G-R members not being completely "welcome" at the studio.
I think Willy was only trying to protect you and keep your dream of being on stage one day still alive.

Flerbet is EXACTLY right!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:51:23 PM by FPGWillyT »

Offline nicholasdreyer

• In Contestant's Row
  • i love bob and drew
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
For the season 38 premiere--- Have drew wear a tux, the models in gowns, and have the set go back to the orignal 1972 color scheme using the checkerboard design

Offline kishy214

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Allen's Rock Band Videos on Youtube
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
For the season 38 premiere--- Have drew wear a tux, the models in gowns, and have the set go back to the orignal 1972 color scheme using the checkerboard design

#1: Why? Dear God why?!?!

#2: 30 day rule buddy. Look at how long ago the last person in the thread's post was before you drop a line in it.

Offline NickMurphey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
I called CBS studios to confirm the Season 38 Season Finale dates and times. I was told that the Season 38 Season Finale will be taped May 27 at 1pm.  Then he followed by saying the Season 39 Season Premiere will also be taped May 27 at 4pm.  I decided to get tickets for the 1pm taping. Look for me, I WILL be first in line.
  will anyone else be there for the May 27, 1pm taping?

Offline NickMurphey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
Oops, I mean Season 37/38.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
You're killing me the same way as Willy is earlier in this thread. Sigh. Good golly, when will you (collectively) learn?
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline NickMurphey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
Ok, I see what you are saying... But I just stumbled on this site after getting tickets.  I am a true fan and enjoy the show for what it is.  It has been a tradition for me and my grandma towardh I. A daily basis when possible or else she tivo's it's d we watch it later.  How come the CBS Studios would not welcome fans of the show? Or let me rephrase that... How come The Price Is Right crew would now be as welcoming of someone from this site?  Did you guys do something to make them mad?  And what things have you noticed about them to give you this idea.?
 P.S. To be honest... Having a thread about the season 38 premier kinda gives the date away if anyone says they are going or talks about getting tickets within this thread.  I don't usually by up forums, and now I see why. Time to go visit grandma.  Thanks for listening! 

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 03:12:56 AM »
I called CBS studios to confirm the Season 38 Season Finale dates and times. I was told that the Season 38 Season Finale will be taped May 27 at 1pm.  Then he followed by saying the Season 39 Season Premiere will also be taped May 27 at 4pm.  I decided to get tickets for the 1pm taping. Look for me, I WILL be first in line.
  will anyone else be there for the May 27, 1pm taping?

I think you mean season 37 finale is being taped May 27th @ 1 and the season 38 premiere @ 4. That being said, just two notes: 1) I'm sure we all understood what you meant anyway. and 2) I believe that these dates have changed. Yes there are still tapings that day, but they are not the season 37 finale & season 38 premiere shows.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 09:52:40 AM »
Or let me rephrase that... How come The Price Is Right crew would now be as welcoming of someone from this site?  Did you guys do something to make them mad?  And what things have you noticed about them to give you this idea.?

Apparently, while they encourage shouting out of answers from the audience, they really don't want anyone who could possibly be shouting the right answers.

Both Adam's million dollar win last February and the showcase exacta earlier this season were based on bids given by members of this website who were in the audience that day.  This seems to be what has 'made them mad' as of late.

Proof?  Read this post given by Ted about how he was edited out of the Exacta show.  Or read here and here (warning: two very long posts) to read what happened to Voltaire three months after the MDS.  Yeah, these two are very unique cases, but there's a feeling around here that this treatment might extend to other regulars around here who have been to the show multiple times, justified or not.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 07:18:31 AM »
Best of luck to you all.  And forget everything above.  Have fun.  Shout out answers. 

But maybe, just maybe, you'll see for yourself what I have been talking about firsthand about what goes on duriong stopdowns and see that it wasn't all just me whining and pining for the past.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:25:49 AM by FPGWillyT »

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »
So did anyone go to this?  Was it fun?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz