Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2009  (Read 71888 times)

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2009
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
Great episode today i love the Match Game Theme during Switch Over i love the sound effics during the wheel spinning i give today show a A +

Drew did a wonderful job today as host on The Price Is Right i give Drew a A +
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
Dancing Bears!  Magic Tricks!  The opening really set the tone of the show!  I wasn't disappointed at all!!

Did anyone else catch Rich saying, "You are the first FIVE contestants on The Price is Right??"

The first car up on blocks was pretty funny, too!

Quote from: Robair
Anyone remember when "The Drew Carey Show" would do an annual episode filled with intentional errors...
I thought about that during today's show.  It really reminded me of those Drew Carey "Error Shows".  I was expecting a "Rich Fields" puppet to do at least one call-out!

The only thing I didn't care for were the Groucho glasses.  They were funny at first, and I would not have had a problem with them if everyone took them off after the first One-Bid.  For the entire show, however, they became more of a distraction.

Overall, I thought the show was great!  It was clever, pretty original, and genuinely funny!  The bar is set pretty high for next year.

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »
I was expecting to hear "The Price is Wrong!" at some point..

but I didn't.

Great show!
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »
The show was great...Kathy Kinney as Mimi...this was a looong time in coming wasn`t it...had to happen at some point...
What was missing for me was the usual April Fools gag...with every game and showcases being ALL cars.
But,it`s nit pickary i guess.
For the opening entrance...i fully expected to see Sajak or Trebek come out on stage...

Offline drucee

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
You know what kinda vibe I got from this episode? Anyone remember when "The Drew Carey Show" would do an annual episode filled with intentional errors?

I loved today's show. I thought the Groucho glasses looked great on the audience--and Mimi was a wonderful touch. I was reminded of The Drew Carey Show in its heyday, when it was the most absurdist sitcom on TV. There was something for everyone: new viewers, 37-year show veterans, Drew fans, and diehard fanboys/fangirls. My favorite little moments on today's show: the "ouch!" sound effect on the first spinning of the wheel, the turntable that wouldn't stop spinning, the Pontiac Vibe with parking tickets and Denver boot.

All in all, it makes up for Google's April Fools' Day prank being kinda lame this year (my favorite is still "Google Gulp" from a few years back).

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
Classic, classic show today.  Just awesome.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:59 PM »
Ok I know I will probably get slammed for this, but in my opinion since I just watched the show, I honestly do not think it was hilarious at all.  Other than the cliffy yodel during the scsd, I just was not satisfied at all with today.   I am wondering everyones reaction was when Mimi was shown.  Knowing how much she is talked about in the chat.   I know don't comment often in the recaps, or talk negative on here, but I just did not feel the show was funny at all.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »
Quote from: rodroddyfan
I am wondering everyones reaction was when Mimi was shown.

Well the audience started chanting "Mi-mi" over and over.  I'm guessing, based on their reaction, that she is still pretty popular!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
Everyone has already talked about a lot of the reasons today was awesome but I'll just say this:

The main reason today was good - EVERYTHING was in good taste. (Seriously, EVERYTHING - I have almost nothing to complain about from today. Perhaps the opening was SLIGHTLY overdone, but this is minor quibbling. To take the approach they did today they HAD to go all-out with everything.) It simply amazes me that this gem of a show came from the same producers who gave us the L.A. Kings and pie fight showcases earlier in the season. The difference here is that everything just FIT with the show. And Drew did a great job hosting - he could have easily spent the entire show laughing and putting attention on himself, and while he did laugh a lot, it wasn't in a way that he really monopolized the proceedings. The Mimi appearances were hilarious and not overdone (overdoing would have been making her talk as much as Jack Wagner did). I feel that Drew is really beginning to get what he aimed for with these shows - that being that people will keep watching because they never know what's coming next. That was certainly felt today. While I wouldn't want it to be felt to  the same extent ti it was today every day, Drew and co. in general are finding tasteful ways to give the show that unpredictability factor they want without compromising the gameplay or overall feeling that "this is The Price Is Right". Despite the bizarreness, today still very much felt  like The Price Is Right - a bizarre episode, yes, but the games shined through in a way they did not on the Wagner episode.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »
Everyone has said pretty much all of my thoughts about this show. I just have one thing to add: poor Manuela. She got stuck with most of the pranks. She kept spinning on the turntable, had to model deflated inflatables, etc. Must've been model initiation day. :P
Signatures are overrated.

Offline tvnutboy

• In the Audience
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »
Anybody else notice at the end of the 1st SCSD that the Staff member Drew grabs is wearing a "Jeopardy" cap?

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »
I noticed that, and also, during the opening, when Dee Ron was called down, you can see another set of the "reserved" seat covers in the front row.  What do I mean by reserved?  The blue seats with the Pricedown dollar sign in a red hexagon.  My guess is that they're the leftovers from the Valentine's episode.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »
Boooooo! CBS.com hasn't posted this episode.. hows that for a dirty April Fools trick?  :-x
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
Opening: Just by looking at the opening titles, I had a feeling that I was in for an hour of laughs.

Pushover: The Match Game cue was awesome! That was borderline 5-digit pushover.

Gas Money: MIMI!!!! The worn down Fusion was awesome. That was a horrible wipeout.

Grocery Game: Tough loss.

SCSD #1: The Cliffhangers cue.  :lol:

Most Expensive: A floor clock, a floor clock, or a floor clock. That was a tough choice, I’m not going to lie.

Cover Up: The Match Game works really well for this game. I knew it was the 1.

Freeze Frame: Tough loss.

SCSD: The “sound effects lady” was certainly living up to her name today.

Showcases: the April Fools hilarity continued.

What a great show! Mimi (Kathy) was very good at modeling today. The gags were simply hilarious. The glasses got old quickly, but after a while, I quit noticing them. The shout-out to Bill Cullen was fantastic. I agree that the Match Game cue should be kept.

Today’s show deserves two thumbs way up.  :-D

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
Today's show was great.   I laughed several times.   Mimi modeling Victoria's Secret - LMAO.

At the end of the show while the Match Game theme was playing, my 4 year old said/asked "That's the wrong music dad,  April Fools??" 

The glasses were a bit over done, and the backwards SC was a bit unfair.   

Too bad they didn't tape this show when the wheel was purple.

Keep this to 1 show a year and I'm all for it.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.