Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2009  (Read 72275 times)

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/01/2009
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »
I hate to say it, but this show was just about pee-your-pants-funny.  Maybe I need to drink less coffee in the morning.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline WadeSimPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
Boooooo! CBS.com hasn't posted this episode.. hows that for a dirty April Fools trick?  :-x

Good thing I was sick.  I was home to watch it.
Jebediah, Ezekiel, Frank, Bob: The Barkers (I think Bill Cullen is in there somewhere.)

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
Boooooo! CBS.com hasn't posted this episode.

Wayoshi has.

Wayoshi might or might not mind, but Joe certainly will. Please see the forum rules regarding posting videos. (These should go in the Video Collection.)

Wayo: Hope ya don't mind that I posted the vids here.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:28:25 PM by temptation1979ga »
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »
I just got to it on the Video Collection by chance, but that's OK. :)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »
Well the audience started chanting "Mi-mi" over and over.  I'm guessing, based on their reaction, that she is still pretty popular!

Well I meant the reaction in the chatroom.  I will be in chat tomorrow.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
Wow, based on everyone elses comments, I must be the only one who did not really like the show today at all as far as humor is concerned, or maybe because I am just flat tired right now.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 08:55:17 PM »
Some people aren't going to like that there were 3 clocks in ME, or that Dee Ronn never saw the SC2 prizes properly, or just plain dislike the Marx look, rrf. You're not required to like it, but I think it's important to note it didn't even come close to degrading the show like Wagner did.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:42:17 PM by Joe_Capitano »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:07 PM »
SCSD #1:  Hans sounded a little sick today.

One-Bid #4:  I don't know about anybody else, but watching that turntable spin around and around and around and around just like at the closing of the old half-hour TNPIR made me so happy.

ME:  Three floor clocks.  Hey, that's the kind of trick that either Frank or I would pull!  They're stealing our playbooks! :P Wow, $8,425 for that second floor clock!  That one was a surprise.

Cover:  Yay!  Match Game think cue! :P Too bad I missed it the first time around during Pushy, but at least I got to hear it the second time around.

Freezy:  We were all hoping that for April Fools, Union Guy would spin the numbers counterclockwise.  Ah well.  Maybe next year.  (If there is a next year...)

SC #1:  Wow, that was one of the worst showcase bids I have ever seen.

SC #2:  Yay!  Splendido returns! :P And Kathy on camera, too! :-)

My showcase bids:
Room/cruise--$19,107
SUV--$31,107

I hope that this episode gets replayed during the Priceless Summer.  I would like to see this episode in its entirety.  (Sorry, ladies, but I have a ghetto computer.  I can't download YouTube or Innertube videos too well.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:42:39 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »
Oh man! Today... was just awesome!!! I never expected the entire episode to fall under the April Fool's gimmick! Bravo, BBS! *standing O!*

Pushover: MG Think Cue!?!?!??! SWEET!!!!!! Too bad she was one push shy of the win.

Gas Money: Are you kidding me!?!??! The car's beat up and on cinder blocks!?!?!? And MIMI's MODELING IT!?!?!? *died while laughing* Was half-expecting her to tell Drew "Bite me, dough boy!" when he said he couldn't recognize her without her April Fool's glasses.  :D Too bad that Dee Ron didn't try to get some instant cash by picking a price that was far away from the price he chose.

Grocery Game: Nice that they did different fonts for all the grocery prices. Too bad the Nesquik did her in.

SCSD #1: Definitely liked the Cliff Hangers music during Dee Ron's spin. And to think he got the $1 off of that!  :-o

One-Bid #4: Poor Manuela! She sold the modeling great everytime the item came back into view, at least.  :-D

Most Expensive: Three floor clocks!?!??! Awesome!!! And Mimi had the Most Expensive one! Figured it'd be a dead giveaway with her standing by it, not just by the clock's appearance.  :-P

Cover Up: MG Think Cue returns!!! I'm with the majority on this one... they should definitely consider using it for this game. Too bad she didn't win the car... complete with tickets and the Denver Boot?!!? Hilarious presentation.  :D

Freeze Frame: Rotating hanging Motor Scooters!?!?  8-) Too bad she missed it by one click too late.  :cry:

SCSD #2: More weird SFX during the spins!!! And I'm surprised no one mentioned how everytime Debra spun the wheel, she practically pulled the setup forward.

SC 1: I've always wanted to take a cruise on a cargo ship, and fly on a train!  :D Dunno what she was thinking by bidding that much on a cruise. Sure she may have got excited, but THAT excited!?  :-o

SC 2: Everything in reverse!!!  :lol: Even Manuela and the Ford Flex!!! She did great, even with the whole walking backward bit! Kudos to Manuela for giving it her all throughout the show! *another standing O!* And given Debra's excited bid, I and the rest of the audience didn't blame Dee Ron one bit for bidding $1.

Great April Fool's show! Hope they can keep this energy up for the rest of the season... and the rest of the show's existence! THIS... is how you do the show (minus the April Fool gags, of course.  :-P)

That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »
I think today the staff actually did something better than Roger.  While he treats us to an April Fool's showcase, the staff gave us a whole show devoted to the holiday!

I laughed at how the changed the opening spiel to mention Bill Cullen, Rancho Cucamonga, and made references to Wheel of Fortune.  I also loved the slanted titles, mirrored logo, and the reference to Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show.

I died when I heard the Match Game cues used in Cover Up and Pushover.  I personally thought they were going to bust out other game show music or sound effects like a Whammy horn from Press Your Luck.  The random sound effects used on the Big Wheel were a nice touch, especially the yodel.  

It was rather amusing to see one of the on-stage crew wearing a Jeopardy! cap.

I loved all the mismatched and weird presentations for the prizes, the rewound footage of a showcase showdown, and the constantly spinning turntable for the Wii.  Also, I say that the green screens were appropriate here, to add to the ridiculousness of today's show.  To add to the ridiculousness, the cars were modified in some way, like the wheels removed and concrete blocks mounted under the Ford Fusion and parking tickets adorning the Pontiac Vibe.

That was $15,000 worth of clocks in Most Expensive.  It also was probably the first time that three of the same prize was offered, excluding cars and trips.  

Even though a traditional April Fool's showcase wasn't done, the mismatched backgrounds, pictures, and staging of the prizes made up for it, coupled with Mimi modeling.  

I really loved it when they played the Match Game theme at the end, to add to the zaniness of today's show.

If the staff could put this much effort into the normal shows like they did with this one, and carefully think through the aspects of it, the show would be pretty dang good and enjoyable to watch.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »
Wayoshi has.

yay! thanks  :biggrin: This was better than CBS.com.. this didn't crash after 15 seconds.. lol

Ya know, those three clocks were a pretty cool set of prizes, even if it was a prank.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
I don't believe that I have ever posted in the recap section, but I feel I need to on this show. AWESOME. What a job by TPIR staff. There was so much energy on todays show it was flowing out of the TV. It was just great. That's all I can say. Usually I delete the episode just after I watch it, however I kept this one on my DVR so I can watch it again.

Two thumbs up Drew and crew. ;)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »
Today was probably the best ever episode Drew has recorded. Maybe even the best ever! or at least with in the top 10. It was great to see Kathy Kinney. Actually for a guest model, she did awesome! The thing I enjoyed most was that every single segment was filled with something goofy or out of this world. It was funny that they did an older gag by having the turntable spin around without stopping. What was even funnier was that it was still spinning when Drew was walking back to the big doors for Most Expensive. I loved hearing the Match Game cues, especially during the credits! Thank God for Dipirro. Having Dipirro helped make this episode even better.

I bet this episode beat those ladies on that other show. Do you know what they were doing on today's episode? They were putting Whoopi through a flight stimulator. I feel bad for all of the people who turned in to The View.  

Thanks to this episode, I can't wait to see what's in store for Friday's show.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:46:25 PM by catdogwheel »
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 09:44:44 PM »
PUSHY: Yay!  :-D MG Think Cue!  I was half expecting the blocks to be glued together.

GAZZY: Hi Mimi!  There's no way Dee Ron could've driven THAT out of the studio.

SCSD1: The wheel can yodel! And do fairly accurate animal impressions!

OB#4: Poor Manuela!  Spinning around and around for half the segment!

MOST EXPENSIVE: Easy Pickings.  Now Debra has to figure out what to do with $15,000 worth of floor clocks.   8-O

COVER: Yay! MG Think Cue again!

FREEZY:  Too bad they played the normal sound effect, and not the horn from One Away or something.

SHOWCASES
SC1 - $19,000
SC2 - $30,000
The showcases were kind of a let-down considering how hilarious the rest of the show was.

OVERALL:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I laughed so hard I almost split mah pants!  :hammer:  Everyone was laughing and having fun.  This is the best show they've had all season! A+!
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
Today's show felt like (If I can invoke Shakespeare) ... The Comedy of Errors!

But I liked LOVED the show today!

Agree with Joe, keep the MG think music for Cover Up!