Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/03/2009  (Read 34002 times)

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/03/2009
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 07:00:43 PM »
Just watched the show since I had to work today. The show turned out very well. I was a little disappointed that Drew decided to walk the horse out on stage. I thought it might have been a little better if maybe he would have rode the horse out, but then again, I just can't imagine Drew on a horse.

I love the fact the the trip that Reba offered was a bonus for the showcase winner.

Excellent playing of Stack the Deck. She did everything right.

I'm kinda of glad that the show has aired and out of the way. With most people worried that it was going to be "corny" show, we can all move on to talk about Bob's apperance.

(isn't it kinda cool though that we have had all of these themed shows)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
Opening: Not sure what to think of with the horse.

Money Game: The game started out fantastically, then went downhill quickly.

2 for the Price of 1: Very nice win.

Secret “X”: I myself was thinking the purifier was $25 myself. I was wrong.

One Wrong Price: The luggage fooled me as well.

Stack the Deck: Excellent playing of this game.

Range Game: He let the range go a little bit high. Tough loss.

Showcases: Excellent showcases. It’s nice to see the prizes flowing together. I had a feeling that Hali was a bit over.

This show wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. The Reba segment was nice, as well as the little jam session going into the showcase round. The only question I have is since the winner of the showcase is getting the VIP passes to the ACA’s, what would have happened if we had a double overbid? (thankfully, we didn’t!)

Offline yabbaguy

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »
One word for this show today:

OB 1: This and the opening really put the acceleration on the show today.  You really can't spend that much time on OB descriptions.
Money Game: It's never 5 or 0. Sorry.
2fer: Dah... thought it was $949.
OB 3: I don't think that $420 was even deliberate. Not sure why there was a big stink of that.
One Wrong Price: I want that ab set. I went with the luggage as well. :(
Stack the Deck: If you play it as brilliant as that, it becomes that simple. Well played!
Range Game: Oh man... thought they were gonna put it way on the top of the scale again. I like it better when they don't show it out front.
Showcases: Bids: $21500/$43150 (I seriously have a chronic disorder for going OVER at present.)
That was cool to add a bonus in as well. And I bet they would've cut Reba's explanation of the showcase bonus if there was a D.O.B.

---

Pretty meh show. Again, with the opening and the extended music bumper before the showcases, you can count on that accelerator at max velocity, so that detracted from everything. Games themselves, didn't pay attention to as much somehow.

Offline PriceForever

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 10:45:35 PM »
Perhaps they had planned to have Drew ride the horse...then the whole horse thing would have made sense.

However, maybe they disocovered that Drew wouldn't be able to ride the horse (for obvious reasons) so they decided to keep the horse and have him walk it out.

It would have been more sensible to cancel the whole bit...just walking the horse out seemed a little lame.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:51 PM »
Wow. Before attending the taping, I just couldn't wait to get inside. Boy, I think the wait was worth it. And we get to see Drew after his little sick spell. Entering the studio, there were cameras all around the stage. Me thinks it's paparazzi or press cameramen for the ACMAs or whatnot.
We're seen in the first few seconds? Nice.

I honestly did not know in advance that Joe the horse was opening with Drew. Kinda felt like I was on the stage of Let's Make a Deal.

One Bid 1: I am so close to being a fan of Heidi Newfield, and I never even heard any of her music. I think they played "Five O'Clock World" during one of the breaks.

Money Game: Oh, I kept shouting 52 at first for the ol' FnB. Since it wasn't, I went with 87 (or maybe 75). You can tell I was into the game--I couldn't stay down.

One Bid 2: Delores, the only lady with a red hat. When I saw her in the Promenade, I was looking for the rest of the Red Hats. Nope, she was the only one.

2 For the Price of 1: I am still not good when it comes to video game packages. I'll just play the game like I normally would. In the words of Drew, classic game play.

One Bid 3: Jason, the guy next to me, ahead of me gets picked. He brought Stan's book at the gift shop, had Stan autograph it, tells Rich in the warm-up that he wants to be an announcer, ends up on stage with him for a few seconds, now becomes a contestant. I think there was some -nosing or -kissing going on. (Sorry, a little bitterness came back. You can see it in my face.) AND BIDS 420 and WINS?? I inhale very deeply.

Secret "X": Just like Plinko, the prizes were a little tricky to me; so I didn't volunteer. Hey, a shot of Jacob. And a shot of me making the right choice. From those two shots, win or lose, I feel totally better.

Showcase Showdown 1: The first time I actually see somebody win money on the Wheel. Now some of us notice sometimes that Drew may forget that the contestant has a Bonus Spin; well this time he was well aware of it.

One Wrong Price: With the frequency of games like this, I was expecting this to show on one of the tapings I attended. I couldn't recall what I said. But now I probably would not have picked the luggage.

One Bid 5: Man, Stan's been picking all around us...
Jacob and/or I must have said something good by the way I got up instantly after Drew said the ARP.

Stack the Deck: The only thing I did good was picking the $3.19 price. I knew it couldn't be the price of the Hot Pockets value pack. That must be a big can of chili because I only pay a dollar for a can of that brand. The second number was a total crapshoot for me. The whole audience and Delores went wild after that.

One Bid 6: Once again, a contestant gets picked with something related to spay/neuter. Maybe I'll do that next time, reminding myself to get my old copy of Stan's book and do some kissing/nosing.
NO. I'm just gonna be the ever-loving LFaT I have always been. I am having an awesome time as it is.
When I saw Larry Mitchell for the first time, I thought either that was Buddy Guy or Rick James. It definitely wouldn't be Rick James.
Did I do 1200 or 2100? I can't recall, but I do know I gave a hook gesture for Manuel's knocking-out-Joshua's bid. I must have been on a high by the way I let my arms out, probably because I think I said 1200 and that would've also been a winning bid. Did Jeff point at me?

Range Game: Wow! I get more face time. I move my thumbs up to the cadence of the Rangefinder. My guess was around $8499. When it was at that range, I gave the signal to get ready to stop; you're good. But it seems he went over. I was part of the crowd yelling, "STOP!" with all of our hands raised. Drew was right: We had it.

Instead of a few seconds of some instrumental, we get a few moments of that good ol' jam session. Sweet!

Showcases: For a few days, I was telling my friends that I saw Taylor Swift on the show. I was so wrong; it was Heidi Newfield. This is where I kept thinking about Taylor Swift. I didn't know until today that we had a Showcase of four trips. Haven't seen that in a while. I kinda don't get a country music concert in Australia.
During the final break, Reba walked on stage while the crew was covering her with the red drapery. Plenty of the people in the audience knew it was her. As a result, they reacted as loud as they did if Bob Barker was on stage doing a regular episode. She was not exposed until Drew introduced her. Nice fly away effect away from Jacob.
Once again, a close up of us (me coughing of joy). Believe me, before, during, and after Reba's appearance, Hali and Valerie could NOT keep their eyes dry, especially Hali. That was a terrible heartbreak for Hali. I can understand her kneeling on the floor. Yes we have another wild bunch of supporters. After taping, a few stayed around for one reason: Reba.

I can honestly say that this was the second best episode I have ever attended. Second only to Bob Barker's ninth-to-last episode. I had a very surreal and awesome time. I don't even care if I was picked as a contestant or not. Maybe Stan felt I would have a great time even if I don't get picked. I sure hope so. I would love to do it all over again. Even I couldn't stop crying inside.

Excellent times.

Side note: After reading the posts as to how fast the game went, I think it's because they were really behind schedule. We had to wait over a half hour to get into the studio and to get everything set. I also think they were trying to accommodate time for the 4pm taping. I don't really know; I'm taking a guess on that. Didn't seem fast to me, though.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »
Drew entering with a horse was...strange.  It fit with the theme of the episode, at least, but it was still weird.

Having Reba present the extra Showcase prize during the last segment was kind of neat.  I do wonder, though, if they planned for what to do in case there was a tie.

Well today Drew and Rachel were horsing around w/ an actual horse during the entrance (pun not intended)

Dude, you can't say, "pun not intended," right after making it blatantly obvious that the pun was intended.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 01:22:20 AM »
Actually, it was more of a metaphor, and not a good one at that.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 01:54:55 AM »
No, I don't believe it was -- I'm pretty sure it's an idiom.

(How did we get to arguing about this? :P)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:40:28 AM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 02:16:35 AM »
Because you're you and everyone else isn't!  :D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:40:42 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
ok that blurb in () on my horse joke in previous post in thread was not supposed to be there, I actually ment for the pun, sorry
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:56:58 AM by X54321 »
Grocery Game fan 125356921

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »
I do wonder, though, if they planned for what to do in case there was a tie.
I'm relatively sure there were no contingency plans - but it probably could have been easily duplicated...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JLPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
Well, for all the trepidation concerning this episode, I thought it was very well done. You did not have to be a country music fan to enjoy it. (I'm not)  I liked the way they incorporated the country artist effectively, and did not overdo.  The jam session was awesome.  Seems the "theme shows" are coming off fairly well overall.  At least  IMO.  The models look great in their country outfits and loved they way the tipped their hats at times.  As for Drew and the horse, I heard that that he was originally supposed to ride it out on the intro, but OSHA nixed it as "too unsafe".  (so that makes much more sense).  Maybe they should have just not used it at all, once they found that out. I guess they figured, "we have it,.. lets use it.".  Overall I thought it was a great show!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:09:04 AM by JLPrice »

Offline X54321

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »
For those of you wondering about my joke, the more I think about it it wasn't really a pun, it was an idiom but that's enough horsing around with the western show
Grocery Game fan 125356921

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Delores
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline BVanceVR

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
Quote from: JPrice
As for Drew and the horse, I heard that that he was originally supposed to ride it out on the intro, but OSHA nixed it as "too unsafe".

Unsafe for who?  Drew or the poor horse?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:29:41 AM by Joe_Capitano »