Author Topic: CSS Results for April 9  (Read 3075 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
Re: CSS Results for April 9
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 09:54:15 PM »
Congratulations on the Exacta, Steven! 

Not so many congratulations for stealing the win from me, Steven.  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »
Quote from: Earlier today, I said
However, if it was indeed $15,687 then you would have blown an EXACTA.
I just saw the revised lists, and TPIRSteven has no OVER.  I thought he had a Double Overbid.  The correction would mean one EXACTA and one OVER.  Did something else change?  Or I was initially wrong when I said that originally had a Double Overbid?

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:46 PM »
Yea, you misread it JF. It's correct as shown.

(Rest easy, Tom, nothing's wrong!)  :lol:

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:07 AM »
Now that it's official:

:hammer: YES! :hammer:

Sorry about your win, Armadillo.  But you still cashed, which is always a productive day in my books.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 03:01:22 AM »
I know I'm risking a historic wrong here, but I think that this is the first time that a CSS has been decided by "instant replay."  Hopefully, this version can be much better than the system used in the National Football League.  :mrgreen:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »
We've seen that waterproof laptop computer once before on the show.  That day, it was $4,189.  So either we had a much cheaper model of said computer or what is perhaps the cheapest trip to Jamaica in history.

I told Bully before the showcases that we were way overdue for a Fireball Special.  I believe this qualifies as one.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
I know I'm risking a historic wrong here, but I think that this is the first time that a CSS has been decided by "instant replay."  Hopefully, this version can be much better than the system used in the National Football League.  :mrgreen:

"After reviewing the play, the quarterback's arm was going forward; it is an incomplete pass."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P
Signatures are overrated.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »

At least we still got top 5 finishes, Bully :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
I told Bully before the showcases that we were way overdue for a Fireball Special.  I believe this qualifies as one.

I was one of a few people who smelled Fireball Special too.  Trust me, when you add up your Showcase bids/estimations, and your total comes out to $12,898, you know something is either horribly wrong with your math or a Fireball Special is imminent.  Save for the four of us who survived, it was the latter.  :mrgreen:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »
$21,100/$27,300... are you kidding me?! I was expecting a wipeout for sure, but the bad part is that Armadillo is one of the few that scored! How the heck did you do that?!

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Just watched on CBS.com.  18,392 / 16,784.  I would not have done much better than most today.  Time to bust this out:

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php