Author Topic: Color Scheme  (Read 15716 times)

Offline John Chartier

• Outside in Line
Color Scheme
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »
I was looking over some TPIR video tapes the other day and really liked the red carpet. The brighter color added to the excitement of the show. I personally would like them to change it from Blue to something a little brighter. Same with the turntables.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Color Scheme
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:46:46 PM »
Green!  Green carpet... I liked that a lot more than the red carpet.  Don't know how it'd look with the current turntable, though.  With the current turntable colors, it probably would look best with the current blue one.

Offline John Chartier

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 01:51:23 AM »
Green was good, but I'm not a big fan of the light Green that it was. If they could make it a nice lawn green than I wouldn't mind. Something like this would be nice.

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 06:52:50 AM »
LOL! That would look like a cheap camping site when they give away trailers!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
I also enjoyed the green carpet, too. Can they make the blue carpeting a little lighter?

Offline bhall96992

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:28:35 AM »
I say leave it alone. It looks fine the way it is. Just as long as they don't go back to the awful murals.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:11:52 AM »
I do miss that old green carpeting and the 1982 turntable scheme myself... The current one is nice, but that old one was just the greatest...

I wouldn't mind a slightly lighter blue for the carpeting, though.

Either way, I'm with bhall - good riddance to the murals.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 03:02:35 PM »
I don't really have a preference over the three carpets.  They all look(ed) good to me.  My favorite turntable pattern will always be red, orange, and purple, but I actually liked the Hollywood mural after a while and I've never liked the current colors that much.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 03:14:46 PM »
jjc92787 wrote:  I don't really have a preference over the three carpets.

Probably a pointless quibble...but there have been four carpets -- orange, green, red, and blue.

Seriously...does everyone just forget about the orange carpet?  I know it was part of the original set, but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter! ;-)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 08:23:40 PM »

Probably a pointless quibble...but there have been four carpets -- orange, green, red, and blue.

Seriously...does everyone just forget about the orange carpet? I know it was part of the original set, but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter!

Oh yeah, I remember!  But I sure don't want it back!  :-o

How about leaving it alone?

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 04:40:00 AM »
I'm sadly not old enough to have seen the original carpeting on TV, and in all the video clips I've seen, it looked more brown than orange...

That being said, I wouldn't want it back, either!
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »
Hey, how about the Hollywood Bowl and the orange carpet together? Yeeha! Far out! (I don't think so!)

Offline iluvpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »
I think the current color scheme would look better if the carpet were a lighter shade of blue.

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 06:46:09 PM »
You know, the only thing I liked about the Hollywood mural .was the red-yellow-blue turntable pattern on the other side of the turntable. Knowning Syd Vinnedge would have had his way with some element of Price, the turntable change wouldn't have bothered me as much had the scheme just been red-yellow-blue all around, rather than just on the game side with the mural on everything else.

Regarding the current scheme, leave it alone. The current scheme may not be our favorite, but at least Price hasn't felt the need to "fix" it since they decided on the pink-lavendar-blue scheme in 2003.

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »
And correct me if I am wrong.....was the old original orange/brown carpet......heaven forbid...."SHAG"
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice