Author Topic: Bean Stalker = I'm A Man?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline mungojerry311

• In the Audience
  • TPIR Recapper
Bean Stalker = I'm A Man?
« on: September 23, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
I may or may not be the only one who's noticed this but here I go.

I've been watching a lot of TPIR Barker Era on Pluto TV and when I first heard that particular cue I thought it was an instrumental version of I'm A Man by the Spencer Davis Group. The beginning of the cue and the chorus of I'm A Man are pretty much identical. Have a listen for yourself:

Bean Stalker Cue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NK0RA25mOU

I'm A Man - Spencer Davis Group:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCUgBSVENQ

Don't know if that's just a weird coincidence or not but I thought I'd point it out.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Bean Stalker = I'm A Man?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 08:52:16 PM »
I thought I was the only one! It's in the Chicago cover too.

When I first heard the song, I was like "yep, that's Bean Stalker."
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:03:44 PM »
The Flash Man stage music from Mega Man II (at the 38 second mark) resembles the chorus of Bean Stalker, as well:

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »
Spencer Davis Group “I’m a Man” -1967
As a musician I’ve learned that in the ‘olden’ days it was far from uncommon for production catalogue outfits like Score Productions and other mass-producing orchestrators to put their spin on familiar musical arrangements, or just outright cover the tunes with a different band or sound set. In no way a carbon copy, but some of Score Productions musicians were surely inspired by the lively horns and driving groove of Spencer Davis Group. Also consider no one knows how long “Bean Stalker” may have been composed before being commissioned for use on TPIR.
Thank you this is truly an interesting find.