Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/16/2009  (Read 23590 times)

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/16/2009
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
Let em roll was probably one of my fav wins all season, squeeze play was a great surprise win too.
Barker was fun, i was kinda hoping he would get to do the showcase reveals and close the show, but just closing the show was fine... (they couldn't have kept the 9lives plug away for just one day?). Fun show.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 05:06:51 PM »
Let's see how we did today, then? :)

-Lineup: Whoah! Adam pulled a Roger! Nicely appropriate to put a double-casher on this day. First time I was shocked since Pa#+ for a car. Even better, nothing felt rushed (IMO) and we still ended up with extra SC time. +2
-L7: I think the last digit may have been -5...no paint protection. Maybe. Still, all 5s didn't have a chance, Peanut Gallery... 8/10
-Punchy: I'm indifferent to the new prop, and I guess I'll compromise for $500 today... 8/10
-Squeezy: Wow, a definite Greco-stopper there! 10/10
-SD1: 4/5
-ORP: Yeah... -59 for a bike no. Definitely a little trap 8/10
-Pl!nko: That piano keyboard was a trap, and the mascara maybe a little...but an even-split is a much fairer setup, she got a split, and managed the win. Cool. 9/10
-Roll: Another great comeback win! This game's on a very high streak overall this season. 10/10
-SD2: 4/5
-BOB: +2
-SC1: Wow, a big Honda truck now! :D 5/5
-SC2: Aaaah...even Bob couldn't mask this was a one-tripper. And recap. 4/5
-Results: Mmmmm...that truck was in the high 20k range, cool. As for Joshua...did he think he was getting the yacht? Or it was a super-nice one? Odd one there. 8/10
-Drew: Conducted himself fine all-around today. 9/10

PGs: 53/60
SDs: 9/10
SCs: 17/20
Drew: 9/10

88 + 4 = 92 --> A-

I was ready to give 6/5s on showcases if they really did it nice, which woul dhave made this an A...but it was definitely mostly promotional. Cool, but not enough to earn extra credit. Still, great show!
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
Lucky Seven: Tough loss.

Punch-a-Bunch: $500 is still better than $50.

Squeeze Play: The audience was wrong!

1 Right Price: Wow, designer shoes are more expensive than a motorcycle.

Plinko: Twice today, somebody doesn’t listen to the audience, and it pays off for them.

Let ‘em Roll: Nice Win!

Showcases: Welcome back Bob! He got a very fitting standing ovation. Bob and Drew worked together beautifully during the first showcase. I really want that second showcase to Cabo.

Closing: It was nice to see Bob do his signature closing.

Excellent show today (and I’m not saying that just because of Bob.) Drew did a good job hosting today, and we had a couple of good wins today. I have a feeling that the DJ&T foundation is going to receive numerous donations from the book sales.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »
One word sums today's show up: A-W-E-S-O-M-E. The lineup was just flat out awesome--both Punchy and Plinko appeared on the same show, Let 'Em Roll was played LAST for the first time ever, L7 is not a bad way to kick things off, Squeeze for an ultra expensive trip, what more could you ask for? This felt like a Roger lineup. Kudos to Adam for a job well done today.  Drew's hosting was strong today--he did an outstanding job overall today--that's the Drew I like to see. And then Bob, that was just awesome seeing him again and in the showcases. Really, really, really great show today. Show of the year in my opinion. Now my gameplay observations....

L7: A 9 and a 1? That was a mean price. No way anybody was gonna win this today.

Punchy: Poor Erin deserved more than $500 especially after navigating those tricky SP's. I'm still amazed she nailed all 4.

Squeeze Play: Goldie was just a delight to watch. I loved it when she proved the audience wrong!

Plinko: 5th!!!  8-) Plinko in the 2nd half is always cool.

Let 'Em Roll last was the surprise of the year, a welcomed surprise howbeit. I'm surprised it was never played last before today.

Showcases: Whoo hoo Bob and Drew together!!! Nicely tied in themes, nice banter that flowed well with the themes. Well done is how I sum it up.
Extra kudos to Drew for allowing Bob to do the sign off--that was a very classy move on Drew's part.

Offline redhawkhockeyfan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
The show was fantastic, no doubt about it.  After Plinko fifth, I thought we were going to get Hole in One sixth with a Bob inspiration putt.  That would have been absoultely brilliant.  But nitpicking like that shouldn't detract from the rest of the show.  Good to see Bob again! 

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »
PaB and Plinko --- Wow.   

Didn't expect that.

I dislike the new Drew face.   If it wasn't for the bill stuck to his head, it might be OK.

Welcome back Bob!!  Great to see you again.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »
I other thing I also liked was that Bob had his signature corded microphone. (Nothing major, I just enjoyed seeing him with it.)

Offline tpirfan01

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
I really enjoyed seeing Bob today.  Usually, I wait to see the episodes online, but I just had to watch this episode on TV.  I'm surprised that Bob didn't comment about how the stage looked.  I'm glad that half of the pricing games were won.  It cracked me up when Drew said something like, "There's gonna be a very special guest at the end of the show.  His last name begins with 'B' and ends with 'arker'".  It was so exciting to see the crowd's reaction when Bob stepped the doors.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
I wonder if this episode will be rerun during the summer break.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »
I don't care about what anyone says, I will always love Bob Barker.

Thanks BigJon for posting that on YouTube for those of us who have class at 11 EVERY morning  :-D

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 08:45:16 PM »
Lucky Seven:  Rats! :-(
Punch A Bunch:  $500 is a lot better than $50.  As a matter of fact, it's 10 times better.
5 Digit Squeeze Play:  Way to not listen to "them!" :-)
1 Right Price:  Curses! :-(
Plinko:  2 cash prize games in one show - cool! 8-)  Nice haul, too! :-)
Let Em Roll:  Nice job! :-)
Showcases:  Sure was great to see Bob Barker again! :-D  I'll have to get his book.  That was nice that Drew gave Bob his corded mic and left Bob do the spay/neuter plug! :-)

Good show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Ponch8

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:07 PM »
Excellent episode.  I'm glad I remembered to record it.  It was a great surprise (at least a surprise to me) to have Bob integrated into the showcases, rather than just making a brief cameo appearance.

Offline kishy214

• Allen's Rock Band Videos on Youtube
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 10:08:28 PM »
I was at a CBS station from 8AM until 1PM on the East Coast today, and the preparations for the newscast at Noon were hectic. I made sure to tell everyone to make this a good show since they'd be having a bunch of new viewers holding over from Bob's reappearance.

Just to comment about the commercial meters, it does appear that the show actually WAS quite rushed from the actual meters of the station I was at. A tease for the Noon newscast precedes the second half-hour of Price, which comes right after Drew goes to commercial with his line about the second half of the show. Said news tease is always, I repeat, always at 11:29AM. Today's came at 11:25. That four minute difference is nothing to scoff at, but I'd like to express my pleasure towards the guys at Studio 33 for not making it SEEM like they were aiming for that, or at least that's the vibe I'm getting from the population of this site.

I wasn't able to really watch the program because, even though I saw the live feed as it was coming directly from CBS, I didn't hear it due to said feed being on a remote computer in the weather center, where I was shadowing the weekday morning meteorologist.

And there concludes an interesting take on Bob's return to the program. (if anyone wants to know more, believe me I have much more to tell. just ask here.)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »
(Credit Kev for this tidbit:) Today's show was 40:03 on CBS.com, whereas it is usually about 38 minutes - meaning CBS sacrificed a couple of commercials to allow a 28-minute lineup. This probably made the difference between rushing - they may actually have not been!
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline odiedude

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
At first I thought the "candlelight dinner" was going to be with Bob. Now THAT would make one amazing prize, wouldn't it?

Bob seemed exactly the same as he was before he retired. I'm sure this will come in discussion, but I could just see him hosting the show again because of how well he looked and handled the whole thing. But I don't want to stir anything up. Actually, it seemed like there was some nice chemistry between he and Drew. This might sound crazy, but having two hosts like that once in a while wouldn't be a terrible idea.