Author Topic: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Three  (Read 11777 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Three
« on: September 15, 2006, 11:59:21 PM »
It's that time again folks....time to kickoff another milestone TPiR season with a huge giveaway.  This year's one and only prize is just as exciting as last year's prize -- it's a script from TPiR's 35th season premiere autographed by Bob, Rich, Roger, and all the models that appear on this special episode!  We don't want to spoil the fun, so we'll wait just a few more days before posting a picture of the prize.

No scavenger hunts through our enormous Golden Gallery this year.  This season's contest still involves identifying some mystery photos, but this time we'll provide the photos for you.  There's also some luck involved with this year's contest...but more on that in the coming days.

The Season 35 Kickoff Contest is open to all registered users who meet the following criteria:

1)  User must have registered with the site on or before 9/14/06.
2)  User must have at least one forum post in any of the following sections between 5/1/06 - 9/14/06:  The Price is Right Discussion, Joe Capitano's TPiR Summaries and Spoilers, or Pricing Game Review.
3)  User's account must be active with the site

So that's about it for now.  The first part of this four part contest will be posted right here this Sunday afternoon....shortly after the Dolphins beat the Bills.  All participants will then have approximately 24 hours to submit their answers and earn a spot in Round 2.

Good luck to all, and happy 35th Season!

Marc

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest on golden-road.net
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »

Marc wrote:
  The first part of this four part contest will be posted right here this Sunday afternoon....shortly after the Dolphins beat the Bills.  

Marc

What happens if the Bills win?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 10:44:02 AM »
Well, thank goodness divisional rivals play twice in a season!   :-D

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:11:30 PM »
JP Losman is their quarterback..that says it all!  Culpepper and the Fins take this one...

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm not happy with the way the Dolphins have played in the first half, so let's get the contest started now (I'd hate to cancel it on you guys).

Here we go, everyone....Round One of our Season 35 Kickoff Contest.  This should be a gimme for all TPiR fans who have carefully read through our FAQs...here's all you have to do:

1)  Copy the template below into a blank email.
2)  Correctly fill in the requested information, with the help of the picture provided below.
3)  Send the email to 35contest@golden-road.net no later than 8:00pm Eastern Time on Monday, September 18, 2006.

** START TEMPLATE **

My golden-road.net account name is:

The email address that I have registered with golden-road.net is:

The prop pictured on golden-road.net was never used on the air.  Instead, it was used by the TPiR / Goodson-Todman staff in the early 1980s for the purpose of developing a new pricing game.  To go to Round Two, tell us the name of the pricing game that was introduced to America on October 14, 1981:

** END TEMPLATE **

A few more notes:

- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The eventual contest winner may be requested to communicate with webmaster via the registered email address that is on file with golden-road.net.  This is for the purpose of verifying identity, and will only be a requirement at the end of the contest (not during the contest, at which time any email address may be used to send entries).
- Only the first entry received per member and per contest round will be considered.  Please double check your submission before it is submitted.
- Do not post any contest guesses / answers on golden-road.net.
- The decision of Marc Green and John Sly is final in determining the contest winner.

Good luck everyone....picture to follow!

Marc

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round One
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 09:49:54 PM »
Well, if I were teaching a pass / fail college course, 87% of my class would be passing.  Round One was intended as a weed-out question...designed to weed-out those who were not up on their TPiR history.

The answer to the question posed above is Blank Check.  If you included Blank Check in your response, you are going on to Round Two (i.e. Blank Check / Check Game).  Unfortunately for the 13% of you who answered with nothing more than Check Game (this name did not surface until 1987), the game ends here.  To those of you not moving on, thank you for playing:

sunclub2004
TPiR-Fan-9109
Koslen18
rodroddyfan
leafsfan17

For the rest of you...you're on to Round Two.  This round will be an email-only round.  Stay tuned for the email, which will be sent to the address that you used to submit your Round One entry.  Now that the premiere show has aired, have a look at your potential prize...and best of luck!

Marc

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Two
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:26:29 PM »
For those who did not receive my email, please PM me via the site, and I'll deploy the email from my Y! account.

Marc

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: TPiR's Season 35 Kickoff Contest -- Round Three
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:59:48 PM »
Round Two of our kickoff contest is now in the books, and we are down to a field of only nine!  For those of you who are playing at home, here's what our Round Two players had to provide us:

Tell us what you see in the picture below.  Please be as specific as possible, making sure to include the name of a specific game prop or set piece:

Some of our commom responses included the following.  Which of these would you pick?  Answer below!

A:  The underside of Hole in One.
B:  The device that a stagehand turns to operate Freeze Frame.
C:  The back of Clock Game.
D:  A hole from the Punch A Bunch game
E:  None of the Above

The nine members who did give us the correct answer will be moving on to Round Three.  Congratuations to the following members, who will be receiving Round Three details via email in just a little while:

Ton80
BuddyTom
jnasty
Axl
Denials
gauchodirk
sideshowPA
PimpinJC
jaydlewis

Now, on to the answer...

sideshowPA used the Golden Gallery to his advantage when he discovered this picture taken during one of my earliest visits to the show...

He was able to use that picture to determine that the bottom of the Hole in One putting green is in fact camera-visible...and that is exactly what is pictured above.  A is your correct answer, folks.

On to Round Three...good luck players, and thank you to all players that gave Round Two an honest shot.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »
Here's the mystery photo that we used for Round Three.  We had nine players going into the round, and surprisingly (to me, at least) we have six players coming out of the round and into Round Four.  Before I reveal who's in and who's out, I've unlocked this thread.  I'd like to see what everyone thinks this thing is.  So go ahead...post away...what is it that we're looking at here?

Answers later tonight!

Marc

Offline jnasty

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 10:00:02 PM »
This was a tough one for me.. I spent a few hours studying pictures trying to figure it out.. My guess was its the inside of one of the 3 strikes number boxes.  I spose I could be waaayyyy off, but wow it was hard.

100 posts, yay.

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 10:00:35 PM »
It looks like a display for either 3 Strikes or Pathfinder.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »
Well, I was in round 3, and I said a 3-Strikes light box, so I hope these last 2 posts are a good sign...

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:11:21 PM »
I'm thinking a 2 For 1 box.  Maybe I just don't know scale.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:12:25 PM »
I said it was inside one of the 3 Strikes windows.  I knew it had to be something that was back-lit.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »
I was torn with the 2 for 1 box, but keep in mind that the borders and such for that game are primarily yellow, and there is a bit of white peeking out below.