Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/22/2009  (Read 34917 times)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/22/2009
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
(Figured I would go with green text today)

Range Game: Range Game for a car? Hmmm…. It’s too bad she lost.

One Bid #2: I like the shot used toward the end.

Most Expensive: That is one ugly backdrop. Drew’s right, Most Expensive is one of the oldest games (9th to debut) still played to this day.

Bonkers: Another contestant who knows how to play this game. The best part was him getting the win at the buzzer.

SCSD #1: Man, that arrow shot was pure awesomeness!

OB #4: “The Purple Wheel Secret Society”.   :lol:

Balance Game: Tough loss.

Grand Game: I had a feeling this game was going to show up today. A game with a “green” prop, playing for “green” products, and giving away lots of “green”, was very fitting for today. Great win.

Pathfinder: It was a nice treat to see this game played last. Unfortunately, it had an evil setup.

SCSD #2: The arrow still looked awesome.

Showcases: Nice showcases.

A superb playing of Bonkers, the return of the arrow screen shot in the Showcase Showdown, and Pathfinder 6th, made this a fantastic show today.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:41:37 PM by joeyboy »

Offline TPIR Fan 1979

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
On Pathfinder, it was definitely an evil setup.  I caught something on there that made me feel like a moron.  Whenever Drew mentioned where she could step to for the second number before Rich mentioned the small prizes.  The 5 to her left lit up and flashed like she had it right.  I remembered that it happened one other time and that was the right number.  But I was sorely mistaken this time!

Good job on Mr. DiPirro's arrow graphic.  I kinda wish however it was for the normal spins as well, instead of the split screen.  But it was still great to see it, nonetheless.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
Ed Begley, Jr., who couldn't even solve a Price is Right puzzle on Body Language...

Range Game: Boy, I wanted to go above 16,400. That would've put me over the scale, so I went with around 16,199. Still above the right price.

One Bid 2: "Let's hear it for our teachers who teach people like Antonio to write and spell so they can put it on their shirts. Either that or Antonio wants to be funny with the language and handwriting to become a contestant...."

Most Expensive: Ugh. Sometimes I got to remember that designer stuff can be very expensive.

Bonkers: I was slightly spoiled with Wayoshi's video title, but I did not know what exactly. I figured it out on Michael's last try: he got it.

Showcase Showdown(s): Hey, it's the arrow shot! Cool!

One Bid 4: "Purple Wheel Secret Society? Yeah, that'll get you on."

Balance Game: Oooh, I dozed off on this one.

Grand Game: Ever since I found out this was an Earth Day episode, I was expecting this game to come up because I knew some people will mention the word "green." And, boy, did this game go "green!"

Pathfinder: Still dozed (, but went back to see all of Grand Game). Somehow, I was able to mentally and audibly play along with the game. I was able to go low on the mop and high on the faucet while dozed. I guess you can be sleeping and still be able to play along with the game. Kinda weird.

The Showcases were okay.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »
And why was the turntable open half way when Ed Begly came out...i thought for a second Hoiwe was going to come out and say hi...
Or is it just me ;)_

It was just that way so he could make an entrance, but what would've looked better was to just have him come through Door#3 with the Barker Wall behind him so we wouldn't see the car. I thought today's show worked pretty well. It wasn't too over the top with the theme for the day. And if there was a better day to have a GP game, today was it. Doing that worked great because brand name groceries could display their new "green" products.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline jharvey79

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 10:04:28 PM »

This was certainly one of the best shows as far as the slotting of the games in a long time.

Range Game-I just knew she had stopped it just a tad too late.

Most Expensive-This took me completely by surprise to see this after Range Game. A good thing he took those clothes.

Bonkers-Played near perfectly, with an exciting win.

Man, that big wheel is hot lately. Now if they can just get the bonus money...

Balance Game-I thought it was $7k easily.

Grand Game-Great win, I never thought the potting soil was less.

Pathfinder-This game was just meant to be lost today. It was played well despite the nasty price.

The showcases were good, too.  I like the donations to the various causes, but I thought both contestants had gone over.

Will Plinko ever be won???

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
There was just nothing about Range Game that worked on this episode.  Ed Begley, Jr. showed almost no emotion (which was a problem in the Showcase, too), he revealed the car before the car was...well, revealed, and Drew apologized to him instead of Brooke after it wasn't won!

Incidentally, the car cue in Range Game was...um...well, not a car cue.

I guess those zigzag thingies are going to be part of Most Expensive permanently.  I'm still not sure whether I like them.

The end of Bonkers was awesome.

Once again, DiPirro provided the one of the greatest moments of the show, bringing back the Alter version of the split-screen arrow.

I'd like to know whether the "Purple Wheel Secret Society" is something unrelated to the show or a joke about Syd's little blunder back in July.

Having Bonkers and Balance Game on the same show just seemed weird.

Speaking of Balance Game, the balancing act just isn't as interesting when the scales move slowly like they did today.  It's much more fun to watch when they shift rapidly like they used to.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Grand Game got played on the "green" episode.

Seeing Pathfinder sixth was pretty cool.  Seeing the path end in the middle of the board for what I believe to be the first time ever was not cool.

All the extra stuff in the first showcase was kinda goofy...and it was painfully obvious that it was there primarily to mask the fact that the showcase only had two prizes in it.

The second showcase wasn't much better, mostly, as I said before, because Ed Begley, Jr. has apparently forgotten how to act.  The highlight -- although it was only a highlight in a "the show has fallen this far?!" kind of way -- was when he gestured to Door #3 for the car reveal...and it was revealed in Door #2.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »
Why in the world did DiPirro use the old school shot in the Showdown only once? It's nice to see it again, but it should be used more than just for bonus spins, if that's what he's planning on doing.

Speaking of Showdowns... how about that streak of $1K winners we're seeing? It's unreal.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Whitney
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:07 PM »
Range: Too bad.

Most: That zigzag thing needs to go. It makes it look so cheesy. I wasn't fooled by the damn coats either. Good win.

Bonkers: WOW!!! Talk about a last-second win of epic proportions. Michael barely made it on this one.  :-)

SCSD #1: THE ARROW SHOT RETURNS!!!! DiPirro just can't seem to fail!!! WAY TO GO, RICHARD!!!!  8-) :D

Balance: I thought she had it, too.

Grand: A "Green" show brings us a "Green" game!!!  :D That Potting mix stunned me. I probably would've just bailed out. But Anna pulled it off and earned it very well!!  :-)

Pathfinder: No that's a great game to cap off the lineup!!!! The setup of the price was not much winnable unfortunately.

Showcases:
Ed Begley, Jr., who couldn't even solve a Price is Right puzzle on Body Language...

It looked like Whammy beat me to it. The Toyota was the only thing I probably would've settled for.

A 3-star show.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 01:59:59 AM »
...because Ed Begley, Jr. has apparently forgotten how to act.  

At his best, he was ever only a singular emotive actor anyway...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 02:29:41 AM »
Well, then perhaps the show should have considered that before they asked him to present a car.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:45:15 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline godard

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 03:09:45 AM »
it looked awesome.  However, it wasn't able to suppress my dislike for this show.  I feel the whole "green" argument gets way too political, and no matter what side of the fence you are on, the show felt a lot like a political statement to me. ...

Interesting point... righties might be offended that "green" is an issue at all, and lefties might be offended at the capitalist hijacking of a political movement.

Personally, I fail to see how an electric bike is greener than a regular old bike, or how a 28% recycled plastic coffee cup will make environmentalists sleep better at night.

But (as a fan of capitalism, shopping and TPIR) I did love the theme, right down to having four "green" products during Grand Game. And kudos for that great $10k win, despite having products that nobody has ever had to price before!

Future theme shows I'd like to see: Talk like a Pirate day, Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July, Daytona 500. Okay maybe not Talk like a Pirate day.

MOD NOTE: QUOTE BEFORE RESPONSE, PLEASE!!! - JC
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:47:01 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »
Bonkers:  What an exciting win! :-D
Grand Game:  Alright, another $10,000 win! :-)
SCSDs:  Boy, the wheel sure has been hot lately!  I like the arrow graphic, too!

Pretty good show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »
Future theme shows I'd like to see: Talk like a Pirate day, Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July, Daytona 500. Okay maybe not Talk like a Pirate day.

Though I detect a sarcasm here, I think he means "showcases." Only the 4th of July one would even remotely make a good show theme - but the show is usually in summer break by then so it's a wash.

Offline tpirfan01

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
When they showed the Chevy Malibu Hybrid before the game Pathfinder, I noticed that on the background where they have the New York skyline that there was a red spot where I think the World Trade Center used to be.  Did they finally change this because of 9/11?  Or am I looking too deep?

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:43 PM »
Game #144 (#7,065)

Showcase #1
Bedroom - $10,998
Kenyan Photo Safari - $15,519

Showcase #2
Electric Bicycle - $1,199
Golf Car - $11,290