Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/24/2009  (Read 12114 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/24/2009
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »
The Price is Right - April 24, 2009
Production #4725K - Taped April 7, 2009

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Amber

Models of the Day: Manuela Arbeláez, Lanisha Cole and Amber Lancaster
Wearing: Venus

1   Coleman Camping Equipment (G)
JOY 800 LISA 650 THOMAS 1400 SHARON *850 ($978)

Sharon plays SWITCH?

3 Prada Handbags (A)$4745$4745
Can-Am DS250 ATV (L)$3499SWITCH!$3499LOSS

2   (Garmin Street Pilot) GPS Receiver (A-in the Row)
+Joy 1 +Lisa 600 +Thomas 400 LINDA *750 ($900)
STUPID BID

Linda plays PUNCHBOARD

Libman Wonder Mop$5HIGHER$10*( 5 )1000BAILOUT
(Dough Nu Matic) Donut Maker110HIGHER150*(18)100
(Vio Light) Toothbrush Sanitizer35LOWER50
The Ever Popular Snuggie25LOWER15*(33)50

The "secret" to the Snuggie is that you put it on exactly the opposite way as a robe. Lanisha discovered that when Drew asked her to show it off.. She ultimately found the sleeves by the time we went to break..

3   Danby Silhouette 51-bottle Wine Cooler (L)
+Joy 1100 +Lisa *800 +Thomas 1101 WILLIAM 1000 ($999)

Lisa plays MONEY GAME for a Honda Acord LX (Std., AT, Bluetooth, Mats)(A)

216037-420
458821-195-5
3745-354-bk22-2
$198$22 3 ––   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$978Sharon35 + 20.55
1,197Lisa20 + 40.60
2,075Linda75 stay.75Through to Showcase Round

4   cedarstore.com Royal Highback Porch Swing (M)
+Joy *801 JOI 7500 +Thomas 800 William 1199 ($999)
STUPID BID

Joy plays BULLSEYE for a Stainless Range, Fridge & Dishwasher, Noritake Berdina China Dinnerware and Wilton Armetale Gourmet Grillware (A)($6113)

(5) Pure Silk Shave Cream2 x 1.99$3.98*[SORRY]
(3) (Mrs. Richardson's) Butterscotch Carmel Topping4 x 3.4913.96X
(2) Sunsweet Ones Prunes3 x 2.998.97*[BULLSEYE]   WIN!
(1) (Knorr Pasta Sides) Fettuccine & Parmesan
(4) (Sharpie Scent) Highliter Pens (2 pk)

5   MCF 2-Tone Diamond/Gold Bracelet (M-in the Row)
ANDREW *1500 Joi 2200 +Thomas 2300 William 2301 ($1700)

Andrew, a student at UCLA, plays MORE OR LESS

Shindaiwa M2510 Multi-Tool System$1300LESS$1092*
St. John's Women's Sport Clothing2400LESS3105LOSS
C&J Pedestal Dining Group
Honda Fit (Std., AT, Stereo, Seat, AC, RKE, USB)

Thomas is a troubled soul. He's been one-upped on the last two One-Bids and things haven't gone well before that. Now, he sees Mimi is waiting for him. Can he somehow escape banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club?

6   Aico Paradisio Desk (L)
ALLISON 1200 Joi *1800 +Thomas 2100 William 2101 ($1899)

Thomas heads off to the clubhouse while Joi plays PUSHOVER for a 9d Amtrak Grand Canyon Vacation (N)

Setup:6 0 1 0 5 3 5 9 2
Pick:6 0 1 0[5 3 5 9]
Price:$6010   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$1,899Joi75 stay.75.90
2,792Andrew50 + 25.75.95Through to Showcase Round
7,112Joy45 + 75OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Andrew has the honor.

SC1-Linda Ashley Reed Living Room Group
(Denon) Blu-Ray Home Theater System/(Samsung) Wireless 50" Plasma HDTV (A)
Great Lakes GL4 Spa (M)
Trip to Las Vegas (Vegas.com; 6n)(L)
BID$18,000
PRICE16,867
DIFFOVER
SC2-Andrew 24" Lift Oven (L)
Surfango Hawaii Power Kayak (A)
$1500 (L)
Costa 7n Caribbean Cruise (via Ft. Lauderdale)(M)
BID$  7,000
PRICE16,625
DIFF–9,625
TOTAL$19,417

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)
Total Winnings: $32,678

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/24/2009
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 03:08:23 PM »
I still dont think Drew understands the hidden bullseye portion of the game. He keeps wanting to check all 3 products even if they didnt place on the bullseye board. This is probably the one thing that bugs me the most about drews hosting. Unless they've changed the rules and i havnt been paying attention.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:10:10 PM by ayoung »
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
Y'know I don't ever think a pricing game's gonna be won when that stupid designer clothing garbage shows up. Today's More or Less playing once again confirmed that for myself. I mean, c'mon, hardly anyone was gonna guess MORE on the women's clothing today. We've seen a ridiculously impossible Freeze Frame lost because of this stupid stuff, 1 Right Price/Switch? lost because of the stuff. They oughta just offer these designer clothes in games where pricing them or a knowledge of their pricedoes not matter--- like Bullseye or Secret X. Until they do that, whenever they offer these in the games themselves we're gonna keep on seeing losses. Because I saw this loss in More or Less coming a mile away.  The same holds true for Switch? as well--very very very very few people are gonna think 3 designer handbags are gonna be more than an ATV.

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »
And now let us reminisce with a new segment we like to call... :FORK:able Moments:

-Switch?... and doing so.
-Picking 95 during Money Game. Don't think so? Everyone in chat did.
-$7500 for the swing. I wouldn't shop alone for your furniture Joi.  :lol:
-Clothing. Blasted... designer... crap.
-Outright GARF on SC2 (albeit not a GOTC, statistically.) At least he covered the cash!  :lol:

--

Wine cooler = $999, as the whole chatroom was astute to realize. Odd thing though, I wonder if it was a fluke to have two $999s in a row on the OBs. (3 + 4, namely)

Punchy  today -> apparently a fourth hole was punched out as well. Some people were upset that it wasn't shown, although after thinking it through, I don't think I would have simply because it wasn't really part of the game, and that would have been an illegitimate reason to torture the contestant with a pick that they never had. Never in the game would they make a contestant punch a fourth hole to see what they could've had had they not missed a prize.

Thomas has reason to be ticked after getting completely locked out the second half, even if only one of his bids was legit. Ouch.

We got our monthly dose of Bullseye, and that's the first Hidden Bullseye win (let alone attempt at winning that way) since 2008. I return tomorrow to America, where I'll finally have access to cbs.com to see the parts of episodes I wanted to see. It's good to be back!

ayoung -> rules haven't changed. According to our chatroomers today, Drew corrected his mistake sometime prior to revealing the second item, so the game would not have train-wrecked.

rob -> I partially agree. However, you still have to realize that the show's still obviously forcing losses at points, which is completely deliberate on the show's part, so this is all naturally part of their plan. Therefore, you can't say they made a mistake because, well, this is EXACTLY as they want it to play out.
However, there's got to be something other than designer clothing which doesn't bust the budget, and yet is deceptive in price. And this had better not be the same thing repetitively. There are several obscurely-priced prizes in the world. Find something other than clothes!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:25:23 PM by yabbaguy »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »
Since I'm still feeling pretty stupid about my blown DSW today, I'll just give this show a B- and move on...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
Y'know I don't ever think a pricing game's gonna be won when that stupid designer clothing garbage shows up. Today's More or Less playing once again confirmed that for myself. I mean, c'mon, hardly anyone was gonna guess MORE on the women's clothing today.

I hear ya,

It appears that whenever Price or Fremantle offers those designer clothes as part of a game, they want a loss.  Furthermore, we are seeing some very hard, downright nasty game set-ups on small prizes, 1's and 9's, as part of (Un)Lucky Seven's car prices, difficult chip prizes in Plinko, much harder small prize prices than in the past.  Even as a LFAT for over 30 years, I have been having difficulty pricing some of the  more "off the wall, and designer prizes."

The games and prizes should be reasonably challenging, but not downright impossible to win.

Joe

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
Switch: Enough with the designer stuff already!

Punch-a-Bunch: Good call on taking the $1,000 after just one punch.

Money Game: I wouldn't have gotten this one, either.

Bullseye: I must admit, I was thrown completely off-guard by the big buzzer going off once "$13.96" lit up on the board's eggcrate display (apparently, the SFX people thought they were playing Grocery Game!). But there was a much happier ending, with the hidden bullseye win.

More or Less: Looks like the losing horns are permanent for this game, regardless of whether it's a wipeout or not. I was thinking "More" on the sport clothing.

Push Over: I knew Joi stopped way too soon.

Showcases: Two El Cheapo Showcases, no car in either one, and a $7,000 bid to boot! Why didn't Andrew just bid $1 like everyone else? On the other hand, I guess it didn't matter anyway, because I had the bad feeling Linda might've gone over.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »
Punch A Bunch:  I would've walked with the $1,000 too.
Bullseye:  That was pretty neat seeing a win using the hidden bullseye for a change, IMO. :-)
Showcases:  Linda's showcase was only $16,867!?  :-o ???  GET OUTTA HERE!!

Not too good a way to end the week, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
About the 4th hole that was punched out and not allowed, what would have happened if one of the three legitimate punches said "second chance"?  Could she be allowed to look into the 4th hole?  My guess is she would have been allowed to pick it for luck, or try her luck with another hole.  What do you think?
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »
More or Less: Looks like the losing horns are permanent for this game, regardless of whether it's a wipeout or not.

Yeah, I don't get that, at least one prize was one so the losing horns weren't needed. So are they gonna play the losing horns if the 3 prizes prior to the car are won but the car lost? They shouldn't.

(this is coming from a guy who personally hates the losing horns cuz' I think that' s just rubbing a loss in a contestant's face--there is no need to make 'em feel any worse about a loss. Just ring the buzzer and let that be it.)

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
ayoung -> rules haven't changed. According to our chatroomers today, Drew corrected his mistake sometime prior to revealing the second item, so the game would not have train-wrecked.

i still think he believes they told him to check the prunes second because that was the second item she picked (which isnt correct of course), when what they were really trying to tell him is that he shouldnt check the carmel at all. I hope they took this opportunity to get it right with Drew.

Oh, btw, i loved the new drew drawing on the punch a bunch money. A new face every time they play it would be cool.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
Yeah, that would be fun to have a new Drew face on the prop each time.  The name of the "artist" was in the credits, too.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »
Yeah, I don't get that, at least one prize was one so the losing horns weren't needed. So are they gonna play the losing horns if the 3 prizes prior to the car are won but the car lost? They shouldn't.

You make a good point there. After all, except in very rare instances, they don't use the losing horns in Safe Crackers, Grocery Game, Money Game, or Race Game. Additionally, here's a short list of the only times they use the losing horns in the following games:

Clock Game--when a player fails to get the correct price of the first prize before the timer runs out
Golden Road--when the game is lost on the first prize
Switcheroo--when there are no correct prices on the second try
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:12:57 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
Quote from: rob79
(this is coming from a guy who personally hates the losing horns cuz' I think that' s just rubbing a loss in a contestant's face--there is no need to make 'em feel any worse about a loss. Just ring the buzzer and let that be it.)

I disagree about that.  I think the losing horns are needed in any game where a buzzer (or ding) alone isn't really enough to indicate that the game is lost, as opposed to just getting something wrong.  If Three Strikes didn't use the losing horns, then what makes strike three any different from strikes one and two?  If Now or Then didn't use the losing horns, then we could only hope Drew is paying enough attention to the board layout to figure out when the game is lost.  If Lucky $even didn't use the losing horns, then the game just ends on a random ding.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
Switch?: I don't think designer handbags would have a price tag ending in 99. I would've successfully left the prices alone.

Punch-a-Bunch: I can do with a couple of those prizes. Luckily my girlfriend was here today and suggested that Linda should keep the grand. I was unsure. If I would have kept on, I would be sorry. I'm still curious about that last punch.
"Goodness gracious!" if they're gonna rotate Drew's profile like that.

Money Game: I heard that person saying 54 after that 45 was wrong. Lisa said 37 and I buried my head on girlfriend's shoulder, thinking I am some high-and mighty person who knows how the game works. I kept saying 54 the whole time. I knew it.

Bullseye: I thought for sure eight of the Pure Silk would work. (I calculated just now and I was clear in the lights.) I also would have tried three of the toppings and the Sunsweet.

More or Less: I totally did not think the St. John's were women's clothing. Kate was totally shocked that the St. John's were more than $2400.

One Bid 6: "When it comes to bidding on the Aico desk, Thomas, you are NOT the winner."

Push Over: I laughed at how if I had a chance to win that trip, which Kate and I think is nice, I would have to fly to LA to fly back home and commence the trip.

Showcases: Both Kate and I both agreed Andrew's bid of 7000 was way too low. I did say he could still win if Linda went over. It came true.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.