Author Topic: Can we get rid of the ignore feature?  (Read 13982 times)

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Can we get rid of the ignore feature?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »
If you never say anything here someone might disagree with, then what's the point? I'm perfectly okay with 2 people ignoring me... it's when you end up with like 30 of them that it's a problem.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:17:56 PM by Scott5114 »

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »
Quote from: Scott5114
... it's when you end up with like 30 of them that it's a problem.
If 30 people are ignoring a single user, it would seem pretty clear who or what the problem is.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
I hate the ignore feature now i got 7 people ignoring me i guess i can't voice my opinion on here it's so annoying.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
I hate the ignore feature now i got 7 people ignoring me i guess i can't voice my opinion on here it's so annoying.

1. This thread was more than 30 days old when you replied.
2. Complaining about people ignoring you will only get more people to ignore you.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 07:22:40 PM »
If I've told you once, sdj93; normally I wouldn't do this: I have told you: Kristen has a disability (autism)! She is a rare exception to the rules, personally. She doesn't understand.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 07:30:17 PM »
If I've told you once, sdj93; normally I wouldn't do this: I have told you: Kristen has a disability (autism)! She is a rare exception to the rules, personally. She doesn't understand.

Ooh, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot. Seriously, dude, I'm really sorry.  :cry:
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 07:34:27 PM »
I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but that's not going to change any of the mods' minds  If someone breaks the rules, they act accordingly.

The actual retail price is...

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »
Quote from: gameshowfan1987
I hate to burst all of your bubbles, but that's not going to change any of the mods' minds  If someone breaks the rules, they act accordingly.
Uh....yeah.  Have you noticed that not one single moderator had anything to say about Kirsten's post? 

Quote from: DrewCareyRichFieldsFan
Don't sweat it.  Some people just don't understand.  Let them continue to ignore you, and they'll just miss out on all of your good qualities!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
No, they haven't said anything.  I don't think this particular case is a big deal to them.  Had it been something more severe, then maybe.  I do agree with you though.  Let people keep clicking ignore.  Eventually they'll miss out on something important and wish they hadn't.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 07:54:16 AM »
No, they haven't said anything.  I don't think this particular case is a big deal to them.  Had it been something more severe, then maybe.  I do agree with you though.  Let people keep clicking ignore.  Eventually they'll miss out on something important and wish they hadn't.

If an ignored user said something important, it would inevitably be quoted by someone else and everyone would see it anyway :P Beauty of the ignore feature, really...

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »
Not to mention if you log out of the site, you can see everything anyway save for the "members only" areas.