Author Topic: Kennedy TPiR from 1985 (full episode)  (Read 2376 times)

Online CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
Kennedy TPiR from 1985 (full episode)
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFuulrI170" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFuulrI170</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtnSBtvlSg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtnSBtvlSg</a>

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Kennedy TPiR from 1985 (full episode)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 08:28:31 PM »
*gasp!* Tom called it Player's Row!! Sacrilage! Heaven forbid any current host of the show should decided to change an "item" or two...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:17:41 PM »
*gasp!* Tom called it Player's Row!! Sacrilage! Heaven forbid any current host of the show should decided to change an "item" or two...

TK even mistakenly called Double Prices One Right Price. He even almost removed the price the contestant chose and then realized his mistake.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 12:55:10 AM »
I could see Bob Barker beating him up for these screwups!  :P

And I hated that damn buzzer (as heard in Plinko and Double Prices), because it actually gave me a headache (and it still does). Glad they changed it to the current one back in '87.

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »

And I hated that damn buzzer (as heard in Plinko and Double Prices), because it actually gave me a headache (and it still does). Glad they changed it to the current one back in '87.
That buzzer they sound back in 1985 was borrowed from the first number of seasons of 'The Price is Right' and other Goodson/Todman game shows from CBS.  It had a major sound, unlike the minor sound currently sounded which makes it more depressing and more sting to the contestant.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 1996 neat showcase backdrops
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
Really? That buzzer doesn't sound anything like it did back in the early 70s to me.

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »

Barker Schmarker...I see several people from this BOARD who would beat him up  :-D

Didi anyone else notice Tom's vocal inflections during Clock Game?  Sounds like Drew isn't the first host to do that.

Offline mrbrown2195

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
Little known factoid about Tom's time on The Price is Right - he apparently had a very hard time learning the rules to all of the games. The person who was in charge of teaching him actually got so frustrated that he had to step out of Tom's house, go into his car, and smoke a doobie.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:29:32 PM »
Little known factoid about Tom's time on The Price is Right - he apparently had a very hard time learning the rules to all of the games.

And so did Dennis James, which is why it took a while for games such as Money Game to be added to his roster. And I'm guessing he didn't host Hi-Lo too well on December 27, 1974 - because that was the only time he did.

The person who was in charge of teaching him actually got so frustrated that he had to step out of Tom's house, go into his car, and smoke a doobie.

Which is why you teach your host IN THE STUDIO.
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post 2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »
I wonder why Rod Roddy did most of the "Contestants Not Appearing On Stage" plug, even though Johnny announced the episode.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12:37 PM »
I wonder why Rod Roddy did most of the "Contestants Not Appearing On Stage" plug, even though Johnny announced the episode.

Because they did new fee plugs for the Summer reruns in Summer 1986(which syndicated game shows usually did, and Daytime TPIR does now but didn't do back then), and Johnny died in October 1985.