Author Topic: PRICE IS RIGHT MAY 28/2009: HELP  (Read 8180 times)

Offline kevinf2009

• Outside in Line
PRICE IS RIGHT MAY 28/2009: HELP
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »
HI guys,

Here's my situation.

I'm flying into San Francisco as of Monday. I wanted to see The Price is Right on Wednesday. Now, I don't have any tickets, and the website for those days you can't order them online. Although TVTickets.com says "Sold Out", newbielink:http://tvtix.com/show.php?eventID=452&scheduleID=15946 [nonactive] still allowing it to go through.

I know you can try the day of but I have a few questions.

1) Is that website valid, to be considered a real "ticket" -- even though I know they give out more tickets than seats
2) What time should I arrive at the studio at? I don't care which one I see, I know it's VERY doubtful that you'd be able to see both shows, but I know there's a slight chance of seeing 2-- plus I feel like the earlier one I'd have a better shot, and if I can't get into the 1pm show, then at least I have a chance for the 4pm??? If this is true, and question #1 is true, should I choose the 9am show on TVTix.com -- if I do, but they're full, does it mean I can't get into the 4pm?

Unfortunately, the earliest I could get there flying from SF to LA and then down to the studio would be after 8am. So, I was thinking about renting a car, getting there around 6am. Then, flying back -- as I'd be way too tired to drive and wouldn't want the traffic -- plus, free gas! I know no one can guarantee anything, but I heard that w/Drew hosting (no offence) the lines aren't as big. What would be the % I could get in w/a ticket from TVTix.com and without?

Offline kevinf2009

• Outside in Line
Re: PRICE IS RIGHT MAY 28/2009: HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
Just wanted to add that I did go to TVTix.com and chose 9am --- can anyone confirm (seems like it is) a legit ticket through TVTickets.com -- why does it say at the bottom to make sure to arrive no later than 9am? I'm just a lil scared that if I don't get there at 6am I'm screwed...which means I'm gonna be driving from SF at about 2am.

In order to insure your place, you must
confirm your reservation,
AFTER 8pm, the night before the show.
PLEASE CALL: 818-985-8811

CALL AFTER 8PM ON Tuesday, May 26th AND
NO LATER THAN 9AM ON Wednesday, May 27th.

There will be a recording -- PLEASE SAY:

"This is the K. FLACK group. There will be 1 people attending
the PriceIsRight Contestants Picked From Audience show with a 9:00 AM o'clock studio arrival."

Once you've done that, your name will be put on a studio list. Don't be late and make sure to cancel if you are not coming by calling the above number.

PARKING: Make sure you arrive 15-20 minutes early so you have time to park and get to the stage no later than 9:00 AM.

Offline kevinf2009

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »
One thing I forgot to mention -- the title should say WED MAY 27th, 2009 -- sorry guys, there isn't any tapings on the Thursday the 28th.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:01:06 PM »
TVTickets, TVTix.com, and Hollywood Tickets are all legitimate places to get tickets for the show. Follow the instructions on the ticket exactly - you definitely won't get in if you don't call in and if you don't show up when it tells you to show up.

You will be considered a "group" for seating purposes, which essentially means you get "guaranteed" admission. I say "guaranteed" because you are never guaranteed admission, but this is about as close as it gets, other than VIP tickets.

Just to warn you, you will get the least desirable seats in the house. You'll likely sit behind Rich Fields' podium, the production desk, or waaaaayyyy in the back. But it will get you in, and you will be an eligible contestant, provided you meet the eligibility requirements.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline kevinf2009

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:44 PM »
Hey, I get what you're saying -- so because it says "Group" essentially does that mean that I don't need to show up at like 4 or 5am? Or do you still recommend that I do that?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
Correct. Showing up early with the tickets from those 3rd party websites won't really help or hurt you, from what I understand.

Unless something has changed, which I don't think it has, you can show up at 9am and should be able to get in with no problem.
I'm a gif.

Offline kevinf2009

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
Thanks, well just to be on the safe side I booked a flight from SF that gets into LA around 11:30p the night before.
Although getting in at 7am would have probably been fine, I thought I might get caught in traffic cabbing, and also the flight could be delayed.

So, I don't know what I'm gonna do getting in so early at the airport but I might as well show up early I guess around 5 even if I don't need to. I saw on mapquest that it said it was only about 15 minutes away from the studio... it said though could be an hr in traffic...

Any idea how much that would be in terms of a cab, or are there any buses that go down close to the studio -- my guess is probably safer to take a cab.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »
SuperShuttle does runs to the studio and it might be cheaper than a cab. You should look into that.
I'm a gif.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:53:08 AM »
Here's the scoop on the third party tickets, and it is based upon prior knowledge so processes may have changed:

1.  Yes they are valid.
2.  As part of CBS Guest Relations' "contract" with those agencies, CBS Guest Relations holds a specifc number of audience spots open for those ticket holders who arrive by the time stated on that ticket for admittance to the show.  Since the arrival time on those tickets is usually WAY after the suggested arrival time stated on this site or on the actual CBS ticket itself, you get the benefit of getting into the show without the major campout.

BUT, if the allotted quantity of seats has already been checked in by CBS GR, then you might be bumped to standby status. 
ALSO BUT, your seats will be BEHIND those persons who arrived with CBS tickets, but before standby #s are issued actual priority seats.

3.  Using those tickets IN NO WAY AFFECTS your possibility to be chosen as a contestant.

If you still have time, call the CBS Guest Relations # in LA, CA and talk to the page that answers the phone and ask them.  Believe it or not, they're extremely reliable and they can confirm the whats and what-nots about the third party tickets.

Offline Todd97

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »
I was there for a taping in November.  Here is what I remember.

After walking onto the lot and into the covered pavillion where everyone waits, there is a table with some pages or other CBS workers.  If you have any questions if your ticket/order-of-arrival pass is good, they would be the people to ask. 

At a certain time, they make an introductory announcement and were very detailed about how they sort the people into the audience processing line.  The people with the colored numbered order-of-arrival slips (given out at 6am) are first.  Actually they take the first 150 or 200 of those.  Then they make an announcement about accepting people with tickets from third-party sources, such as tvtix.com.  There is even a priority to those.  Just listen to the announcements.  THEN, the remainder of the people with order-of-arrival slips are accepted, then standby (if there is room). 

I would echo the other comments: Always follow the instructions on your confirmation.  Yes, your seat is guaranteed.  Yes, you are eligible.  Yes, you don't have to show up at 6am.  But you will not get as good of a seat as you would if you had shown up with a cbs.com ticket and arrive before 6am for an order-of-arrival pass.