Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/19/2006  (Read 22851 times)

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/19/2006
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »
Naturally, today's show wasn't as good as yesterday's, but it was still enjoyable.

It was awesome seeing One Away played first. Excluding the several times Pocket ˘hange was played first, I believe that's the first time a giant price tag game was played first since it happened in 1998, as Frank said.

Race Game was just played very well, and it was nice that about $16,000 in prizes was offered! Also, it was cool that she hugged Roger after she won.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
One Away: That's interesting, an audience entrance for One Away. Once Christine had 3 digits right, I got that sinking feeling.

Grand Game: The squeegee looked good since I wasn't sure if that "Evil" cat food was the $3.99 bag or the bag that runs about $7.00.

Race Game: I was worried about how Brenda would play this, given her bidding in Contestants' Row, then she smacked the game down in 15 seconds flat. And left my jaw, which is still smarting from yesterday, back on the floor. And Roger got some love, sweet! The fridge looked like it was pretty steep, so it didn't suprise me that is cost so much.

Showcase Showdown #1: Nice to see the Big Wheel being so generous. And Brenda gets $1.00 and gives Roger even more love! Mack Daddy Dob....LOL!

Squeeze Play: I was lost between picking the 4 or the 8 to get rid of.

Money Game: I've seen the 44 as the last 2 digits before, last season I think, so it stood out in my mind.

2 For The Price Of 1: Smart move by Ben going for the difficult tens digit. I was leaning more towards $836, though.

Showcases: I bid $15,000 Christine's showcase, and $25,000 for Michael's. My futility with boats continues.

I loved how Bob turned the Dob-hugging into a running gag by hugging Roger himself at the end of the show. And it was nice to see FIngers get a little camera time, too.

This was a nice little followup show to the awesomeness that was yesterday's.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 05:13:20 PM »
Good show today. Painful losses in One Away, Grand Game, and Squeeze Play.

Grand Game: Choosing the sqeegie: BAD IDEA!!!

Good wins in Race Game, Money Game, and 2 for the Price of 1.

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »
Didn’t watch today until 5 hours after airing, so most everything’s probably been said, but…

PG#1 An audience entrance for One Away???

PG#2 Would have lost Grand Game myself. Who would think a squeegee would be over $5?

PG#3 Awesome playing!

SSD#1 Incredible! $1000 twice in a row and two days in a row!

PG#4 Had no clue for this game myself.

PG#5 I actually played this good myself. Nice win.

PG#6 See PG#5

Showcase #2 Wow! uh...what were they giving away again??? :-P

Decent show today. Liked to see Bob hugging Roger and Rich on camera today! :-)

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37:51 PM »
Audience entrance for ONE AWAY?????  Man, I thought we were going to see Golden Road (or even the new pricing game)!  :evil:

Anyway, Christine played it pretty well, especially when she changed the first number to a zero.  And, it certainly seemed like two red-three blue was more likely than four red-one blue.  So kudos to her for that playing.

Bob should have said to Leah, "Just pick the four lowest-priced products!" :-D  Tough loss for her.

Race Game was simply FANTASTIC!  Easily the best win in this game I've ever seen.

We're already getting teased by the Big Wheel.  Last year we didn't get a $10,000 winner until the cows came home, and we've already seen three bonus spins in the first two shows. :evil:

Michael and Ben played their games just splendidly.  Both had obviously seen the games before.

Being a regular CSSer, I had a feeling Michael was over. :-)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »
Here's a few inside tidbits about today's 1 Hour Roger Dobkowitz Special. (I mean The Price is Right!)

Follow this carefully:

- One Away was not intended to start the show today.  
- Plinko was originally scheduled as Act 1 today.
- Grand Game was originally scheduled on the Premiere.
- Two For One was not originally scheduled today.
- Pick a Pair was Act 6.

Any questions?!  :D
John

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
What caused these changes?  Is there something wrong with one of the games?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »
And where did you get the info from, John?

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

ClockGameJohn wrote:
Here's a few inside tidbits about today's 1 Hour Roger Dobkowitz Special. (I mean The Price is Right!)

Follow this carefully:

(see above)

Excellent!  That answers the mystery of having no GP game yesterday.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »

sideshowPA wrote:
What caused these changes?  Is there something wrong with one of the games?

As far as I can tell, nothing at all.  I believe that Bob wanted Plinko on the Premiere show and so quite simply Plinko replaced Grand and vice versa.  Grand moving caused two GP games to be in one show (Pair).  Pair replaced.  Without moving the entire schedule around, One Away was simply bumped to Act 1.
John

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
One Away: First????  Wow!  I also would said that $20,645 was correct.

Grand Game: I knew Leah would lose once she picked the squeege?

Race Game: Yes, a great playing, and I loved how Brenda hugged Dob after that win.

Squueze Play: I would have removed the 4 and still won.

Showcases:  I had a bad feeling Michael would lose once he bid $29,550.  I would have bid $25,000 and still be over.

Overall: Not as great show as yesterday's bonanza, but good nonetheless.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »
Guess that also explains the absense of the small prize game today, since the lineup seemed fairly quick.

I thought it was possible that Golden Road may have been replaced since, well, we all know that Roger had never quite intended for all that was won to actually be won .  Not that he's probably too worried this early, but not playing Golden Road might've just taken a little pressure off.

But who cares!  One Away first rules!  Also seems to have allowed Two for the Price of One a surprisingly early start this season !

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
If ever a showcase begged for Brandi to be on the show, that Square Dance showcase was it  :lol:

A $3800+ IUFB to start Day 2?? :-o

Tough loss in One Away - not that i would've left 3 two's on the board to start in the first place but in Christine's position I would've switched out the 2 other twos also.

Why didn't Bob ask Rich about Canadian prices? :roll: (OK, Rich might not have been either, but still...)  It was good to see the star of our newest game (GRECO!) though.

I want Brenda to help me out with FPG this year - I don't know if she can Stop The Dob but she can sure contain him!  :-D  I figured she had the tractor right, I wasn't sure if she had everything else right or everything else wrong.  I WAS sure, however, about the second half after she won :oops:

I found it odd that the DSW and winning total graphics were missing from the clip of yesterday's show shown on the Squeeze Play TV.

Today was one of the few times I thought 44 (or any other non "El Cheapo" combo, for that matter) looked better than 35 in Money Game.

My playing of 2P1 was about as horrible as Ben's was great - I was certain the price was going to end in "00" and I would have taken the first digit (kids, don't try this at home :hammer:)
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 08:41:15 PM »
Show #6413

Showcase #1
carolinachair.com Crawford Living Room Group, Riverside Occasional Tables, and Hibernia Woolen Mills Carpeting - $7,205
Gemstone Globe - $1,250
東京、日本への旅行 (Japanese for "Trip to Tokyo, Japan") - $9,469

Showcase #2
Trip to London, UK - $5,630
Funtek Healthbound Trampoline - $1,495
West Wight Potter 19' Sailboat - $16,920

Modeling Report for September 19, 2006
Is it me, or does Rachel look like Katie Couric to you?  

$64,620!  Yay, Rachel!  Also, Shane and Phire both have two pairs.

This 22-prize package adds up to $132,458!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 09:29:09 PM »

hollowmale wrote:
And where did you get the info from, John?

Perhaps you are not aware of the connections our site leaders have...