Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/27/2009  (Read 23502 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/27/2009
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
PA#:  How was that lost?  Cobalt = cheapo.

One-Bid #4:  Shoot the green screen columns!

10C:  Yay!  Ten Chances last for the first time in almost 9 years! :P The almight sound effects lady was a little antsy on the buzzer today... but who can blame her when you have frustrating contestants like this?  Everybody in the chatroom could see those dancing Wagners coming from a mile away after Jonathan #2 took four chances on the grill set.

SC #2:  A personal trainer, a personal chef, and maids.  Whatever happened to doing things your own damn self?

My showcase bids:
Room/Austria--$20,107
Phoning it in--$20,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 05:59:13 PM »
Flip-Flop: I would've flopped and won.  At least we didn't have someone who felt they should hit the button before the game started this time, although Bo did slap it before Drew even had a chance to tell him to step away from the board...or even to breathe.  I feel that, "Don't hit the button, or else!" needs to be incorporated into the instructions Drew gives the contestants while showing them how to flip/flop/flip-flop.

Punch: That stupid camcorder got me!

PAN: If it's a Chevy Cobalt with standard equipment, it is rarely anything but the lowest number.  I would have won this one.

IUFB 3: Someone needs to drill it into these people's heads who want to bid $1: bidding $1 only works if you are the last person to bid!  It rarely, if ever, works when you're bidding 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.  Wouldn't we consider $1 a stupid bid in this case, or are there rules I'm missing?  To me, bidding $1 in this scenario is always stupid.

Bullseye: I agree with Rob here.  I didn't think Bullseye could be lost!  On the other hand, I also agree with everyone else that Drew did a good job remembering the pita chips did not count.  :-)

1 Right Price: I remembered that from the Price is Right video game.  It's a standard plug, and it's always $1,544.  ;-)

Ten Chances: When are contestants going to start realizing that prices in this game don't end in anything but 0?  Ten Chances has been played for, what, 35 years now?  People should know that prices don't end in 7.

Lineup: 8/10.
Drew: 9/10.
Contestants: 8/10.  Where did Stan find Chandra?! lol
Showcases: 4/10.  I'll just be straight-up honest with this.  I thought today's Showcases sucked, but I guess that's as well as they can do with the way the budget is these days.
Music Cues: 4/10.  Phaser!  Bhen.  At least Stan chose Phaser.

Overall
With music cue grade: D-
Weighted and without music cue grade: C+

A skunking!  The lineup made things a little less dull to watch.  Today's show was average.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
Flip-Flop: At least we didn't have someone who felt they should hit the button before the game started this time, although Bo did slap it before Drew even had a chance to tell him to step away from the board...or even to breathe.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Drew told Bo to hit the button, rather than Bo hit it after making his choices.

Ten Chances: When are contestants going to start realizing that prices in this game don't end in anything but 0?  Ten Chances has been played for, what, 35 years now?  People should know that prices don't end in 7.
More like 34 seasons--it debuted at the end of Season 3 and we're about at the end of Season 37.  Also, the 0 rule didn't apply the first several years of the game's existence.  It's only had the 0 rule since the mid 80s.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
The first segment feels way too long now without the commercial break between the first two pricing games.  I really hope this doesn't produce any difference for them and that they'll switch it back.

Glad to see a somewhat decent picture of Drew on the $25,000 bill in Punch a Bunch.  I do hope the gag of changing the picture each playing has settled.

Pick-a-Number for a car really does nothing for me, especially when you make it such a crapshoot as it was today.  Dice Game is far, far overdue and would have fit nicely in that third slot.

Drew handled Bullseye very well today.  His explanation of everything from the rules at the beginning to the revealing of the hidden bull's-eye at the end was done very understandably.

On the other hand, Drew handled Ten Chances very poorly.  His introduction was absolutely uncalled for, and it's a good thing he shut his mouth as quickly as he did before he blurted out how much he hates the game and it goes the way of 3 Strikes too.  Drew needs to learn to keep his opinions to himself on the air.

I chuckled when Jonathan so bluntly exclaimed he had no idea what to bid on his Showcase.  How are you supposed to a personal trainer for a year, a personal chef for a day, and maid service for a year?  Throwing in one of those isn't such a big problem, but when you use those vague prizes to fill up a rather inexpensive Showcase, then there's a problem.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 08:06:29 PM »
Flip-Flop: That was a tough loss.

Punch-a-Bunch: The products in Punch-a-Bunch were a little tough. I was only 2 for 4 as well.

Pick-a-Number: I would have rather seen Dice Game, or even 3 Strikes for a non-luxury car, instead of this game.

Bullseye: This playing of Bullseye was by far, the best Drew has hosted this game. The description was spot-on, and Drew remembered the Pita Chips were out, when revealing the hidden Bullseye.  It's not too often we see this game lost.  :biggrin:

1 Right Price: I don't know why, but to me, this playing of 1 Right Price would have been a perfect setup for Barker's Bargain Bar.  :)

Ten Chances: Watch what you say Drew! When we got to chance #4, and we haven't had the first prize won, it doesn't look good for the rest of the game.

Showcase #2: To me, it's a little tough to price a professional chef, a personal trainer, and maid service for a year.

An o.k. show today. The lineup was bad until 10C last. The skunking also brought the show down today.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 08:19:40 PM »

Glad to see a somewhat decent picture of Drew on the $25,000 bill in Punch a Bunch.  I do hope the gag of changing the picture each playing has settled.

I like the changing pictures.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:20 PM »
Pick-a-Number for a car really does nothing for me, especially when you make it such a crapshoot as it was today.  Dice Game is far, far overdue and would have fit nicely in that third slot.
Agreed on both points.  However, I feel Pick-A-Number for a car works very well as a half's car game, given that other games in the show are like Punchboard, Hole in One, Credit Card, Three Strikes, It's In The Bag, etc (three or so longer games).

Also:  trotting out PAN for a car can be set up for a loss a lot easier than DP for a car can be.

Dice should have been there.  But at least it wasn't That's Too Much for the billionth time this season!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 08:33:22 PM »
FlipFlop: The "86" in the right price was an upside-down "98"!!! What was up with that?  :-?

Punch: Chandra was a BLAST!!!!  :-D :-D :-D She was just incredibly hyped!!! If only she got the last two SP's and won more money. Breaks my heart when good people like her has such unfortunate circumstances.  :cry:

P-a-N: I was thinking $16K on the Cobalt. Unfortunately, No 6 was around. I'm really missing Dice Game!!!  :cry:

Bullseye: Too bad.

1RP: Meh.

10 Chances: Such a treat to see it played last!!!! This playing and Drew's little smart-aleck line were the downers.  :headbang:

Showcases: Could Chandra could've meant to bid $14,750? If so, She would've barely won it by $24!!! Damn!!!  :cry:

A 1.50-star show.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 08:46:54 PM »
speeking of dice game what ever happend to it.  it did not get retired like 3 strikes and the rest did it
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline lance99

• In the Audience
    • Lances Political World
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »
How many 0-6 shows have their beem this season? This is out of hand!
Be careful and remember: "Fear The Roo!" My signoff from my radio show. The lance Bell Presents Show

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Does anyone else not like how Drew frequently builds up low amounts in Punch?  I must say those were very hard SPs also.

Pick a Number for a car isn't too bad, but it really shouldn't be the only car game of the half.  It's too quick and uninteresting of a game for that.

I'm starting to think that they're going to give contestants the 0 at the end of each guess for free by having it placed on each square at the start of the game.  Goldenroadfanatic brought up a good point- Bob made losses in the game more fun since he would always get annoyed with contestants and chide them.  Drew is a little too mild-mannered.

Strange that Dice Game is so underplayed now when it was once quite overplayed.  I would say they're having trouble getting cars with just the numbers 1 through 6 in them, but it's not like the show hasn't had them.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
SC #2:  A personal trainer, a personal chef, and maids.  Whatever happened to doing things your own damn self?

I believe that went out the window a long time ago with the advent of the remote control.  :-P

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:49:46 PM »
Quote from: compudude512
I'll just be straight-up honest with this.  I thought today's Showcases sucked, but I guess that's as well as they can do with the way the budget is these days.
Right on.  For the second straight show, the last prize in each showcase was a trip.  That'll Fremantle's travel agents busy.  

Another day, another dull showcase round, and another 0-6 show.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:49 PM »
Punch A Bunch:  Nice picture on the $25,000 bill.
Bullseye:  A loss sure is rare on this game!
Ten Chances:  Oy, oy, oy! :-(

Not too good today, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 10:54:26 PM »
On the other hand, Drew handled Ten Chances very poorly.  His introduction was absolutely uncalled for, and it's a good thing he shut his mouth as quickly as he did before he blurted out how much he hates the game and it goes the way of 3 Strikes too.  Drew needs to learn to keep his opinions to himself on the air.

Didn't catch this earlier. Ditto Nick, if this keeps up we'll be seeing Double Prices 6 times a day 5 days a week cuz' there won't be any games left! And who knows we may not even see that.