Author Topic: CSS Results for September 20  (Read 4235 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for September 20
« on: September 20, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »
It took two days of non-scoring, but Stage Player came in with its first win of the season today, albiet not that big a victory. Frank15 scores money today for being very close on the Mustang Convertible showcase. PriceFan985 closes out the "people who had a sub-$10K difference" club for today, putting everyone else squarely in GARF territory.

Showcases don't get much harder than this, and practically everyone went way under. Snowmobiles, Mustangs, and that trip to Tahiti? We've seen Tahitian vacations in the $10K+ range, and then there was that wipeout last spring where one couldn't have been more than $5K. (You have to get there in The Dink). Still, other than two who pushed the envelope a little too far, points were scored today. Come on, Roger, we want cars, furniture, maybe even a Hi-Lo trailer. It's easier than this stuff! :-D

[EDIT: After looking at the log, Forrest20 DID click on the grey ear, it just was posted AFTER his bid, not before. I'm going to chalk this up to a chat software glitch and give him his points for the day.]

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for September 20, 2006 -- Game 3
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for September 20
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »
Hey...somebody had to bring up the rear of the points scorers!

I was thinking that the Mustang would be in the $18-$20K range, and that the S-FRSM (semi-flippin random snowmobile) showcase would be a lowballer.  Wow.

Hey...it's my first.  I was expecting this, or a massive double OB on my part.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
We pretty much all got punked today. I figured Stage Player would get us, and it did. Major props to NCC, though, on taking a risk that I (and he) thought was nuts, yet it nearly paid off.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:13 PM »
I don't think it's really justifiable not to count Forrest's bid on the first showcase.  He didn't make any mistakes; the chat software itself screwed up and stuck his cursor to the left of the PM text.  It did the same thing to me when I typed both of my bids; I just happened to be lucky enough to be glancing at the screen when I entered them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
Steve, see above. Forrest's bid "violation" has been deemed a chat glitch and points have been awarded as usual. I wish the software was just a little bit more reliable, but believe me, Robert Searcy and I searched a LOT this summer and found nothing else that fit the bill in terms of usership and, oh yes, for free or even a small fee. Everything better is $$$.
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »
So that was the first bork of the season, huh?
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 05:26:27 PM »
I did pretty darn well, and got money from the first showcase... I'm proud of myself, anyway .

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »
Just my two cents…

If we have a CSS player that is a fairly regular player (we all can’t be in chat every day) and said player makes an honest bid delivery mistake, I think that the bid should be counted.  This is true so long as the frequency of these mistakes is not excessive, and the player meets all the other requirements (i.e. player in the chat before the lockdown, bid delivered on time, etc.).  

None of us are perfect each and every day of our lives (just look at heels’ bidding performance this week), and I think that a little slack can be cut for those regular players that are making an honest effort.

Tom’s call, of course…

Marc

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:11:34 PM »
Heyyyy... what's up with the low blow? ;-)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 09:43:09 AM »
You have a reputation for being the easiest to razz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »

Marc wrote:

You have a reputation for being the easiest to razz.

ooh! are you just going to sit there and take that heels?

...do you really have a choice? :lol:
BuddyTom

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 10:55:47 AM »
Yeah... I guess being the King of Furniture, and considering all the trash-talking I do, it's easy to give it right back. ;-)

I hope nobody takes all that seriously, though. I mean it the same way Willy does when he says stuff like, "here are today's winning bids". It's all in fun. I'm not seriously being cocky or anything. Anyone who knows me knows that's how I am. I may come off as cocky, but believe me, I'm just having fun.

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:07:13 PM »
Thank you Tom for letting my score stand!  A couple of tough showcases for sure today.