Author Topic: CSS Results for May 28  (Read 1444 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 28
« on: May 28, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
We've seen several of the prizes in the first showcase before, and I have no idea how it came out to be so cheap. I see that my opinion is shared by eight others, cold comfort, but some comfort nonetheless. Outdoor kitchen = $$$, outdoor furiture is often $$$, and Amazon vacations have been in the Australia range. Of course, we had a cheap Australia trip earlier in the week so who knows these days...

I am also surprised that so many people blew the Scion showcase. They're cheap, probably around $16K in this case.

No DSWs, but some close calls. Winner without a doubt is the Stage Player with two differences under $1K; also the cash for SC2 (remember that in the case of a tie, whoever bid better on the other showcase wins the money). PriceFanArmadillo comes nearly as close on SC1. If you managed to score, you get a B- or better... but unfortunately you're also in the minority. Don't I know it...

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 28, 2009 -- Game 162

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: CSS Results for May 28
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »
This week has been very good for me; I didn't go over at all this week, all my scores have been at least 80 points, and I was one of three people who survived the Big One two days ago.  I can't wait to see what Double Values Friday and, in the not-too distant future, the playoffs bring.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
I was content with my performance today. I was rather surprised that many others didn't do so well in SC #2. Scion's aren't really all that expensive.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »
19385/23724 - would have done quite well today but I'm at the beach. Oh well. I'll be back for real on Monday.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:28:29 PM »
I was content with my performance today. I was rather surprised that many others didn't do so well in SC #2. Scion's aren't really all that expensive.

But apparently the rest of the showcase was a lot more than I gave it credit for.  Oh well, at least I nailed the trip.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »
24009 / 21009 - turns out Stagey did have the right bids, wow. 1 definitely turned out low somewhere.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
I'm usually OVER on one and not-over on the other.
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »
$23,150/$20,135

Chalk up another day that I'm glad I missed.  Although it wouldn't have been too bad if I had reversed my bids...

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
This week has been very good for me; I didn't go over at all this week, all my scores have been at least 80 points, and I was one of three people who survived the Big One two days ago.  I can't wait to see what Double Values Friday and, in the not-too distant future, the playoffs bring.
That's like the complete opposite of my week. Four consecutive overbids on one of the showcases and not the other, and each day, the differences get smaller and smaller, with today's being less than $300. I don't know how much more screaming I can take. I'll have to play super-conservative tomorrow.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 01:58:09 AM »
$23,200/$29,100... I thought I might be able to get a ND out of this since that car sounded totally loaded. I will point out, though, that as good as your bid on the first showcase was, Armadillo... Kristin beat you ($21,500). :P