Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/25/2006  (Read 19769 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/25/2006
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 11:48:48 PM »

Garvin8r wrote:

PG 1: Dob, here's a way to create a forced loss in Spelling Bee every time: include that football cooker.  It will confuse EVERYONE just like Cynthia today.

Umm...how the heck can you force a loss in a game where a contestant has a 13% chance of winning the game outright before even getting to the SP's?

(Minor edit after I redid the math.  Yes, I know no one cares about this post.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 12:09:39 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Spelling Bee -- 4:21
Eazy az 1-2-3 -- 2:23
Balance Game -- 2:20
Hit Me -- 3:03
Dice Game -- 2:17
Buy or Sell -- 2:24

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 01:24:29 AM »
I've got to reply to a few comments today.

Frank15 wrote:
It seems Roger just loves putting conflicting games together this season.  This is like the third episode so far with an obvious one.  Eazy az 1-2-3 and Buy or Sell together?  Guess Roger's just feeling kooky.

Sorry, those games don't officially conflict.  Aside from the fact that it's extremely rare to see two 3 prizers in one show, it does occasionally happen.  

April 23, 2002.  Check that lineup out!

Frank15 wrote:
Speaking of Hit Me, though, I think Bob was right about the $111.92 for the Capzasin being a historic moment.  I don't remember a Hit Me price that high, anyway.

You are correct, that was the first.  It won't happen much more though.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I think the set actually looks better without those big, peacock-like things between the Big Doors

Those are officially called "sprays."

actual_retail_tice wrote:
I couldn't believe Bob let Helen's guess of higher go so easily...I expected him to at least remind her that there were no numbers higher than 6. You'd have to be a REAL loyal friend and true to have done that intentionally...say, loyal enough to know the exact price of that Aveo with those options. Fluke city.

100% agree with your post!  I was surprised myself, although it's probably good he didn't convince her to change her mind.  I must disagree with everyone saying that "Dice Game was played great today!"  It's strange to say it when a game is won INCREDIBLY like it was today, but bottom line - it wasn't played very intelligently.  What do I know though, I overbid on a Showcase and this lady wins a car in a miracle Dice Game moment.
John

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 01:32:05 AM »
Well dang, you're right about that show's lineup, John!  Heck, that makes putting two three-prize games in one show seem so insignificant in comparison!

...well, unless Eazy az 1-2-3 and Clearance Sale dared to show up in the same episode.  If those didn't conflict, then seemingly nothing could!

And yay for my wording regarding today's Dice Game:  "exciting"!  She may not have played well, but "exciting" seems to describe it accurately anyway !

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »

Frank15 wrote:
...well, unless Eazy az 1-2-3 and Clearance Sale dared to show up in the same episode.  If those didn't conflict, then seemingly nothing could!

No, those definately conflict. :-)
John

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 10:54:42 AM »
Spelling Bee: I too would have screwed up on the cooker and the CD player.

Eazy as 1-2-3: This was simple.

Balance Game:  I would have said $5495 as well.

Hit Me: I was surprised to see Barbara pick the Capsazin first, but a great win none the less.

Dice Game: Amazing.  I though Helen made a HUGE mistake going higher than 5.  

Buy or Sell: 6th?!?!  CSTD!  I had a bad feeling Josette lost once she said sell and the dinette and buy on the popcorn machine.

I didn't see the showcases due to the power being cut off, but it was a good show nonetheless.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 01:05:45 PM »
After the show, I had to ask Helen why she went higher on that 5. She replied that she had seen that Aveo before, and she knew that the fourth number was a 6.

I then checked, and the price that we saw in Dice Game in this episode had never been used on the show before. I think Helen was thinking of the Money Game playing that aired on June 13, in which the price of the Aveo was $14,765 (which would make sense, since it aired close to the tape date of this episode). So she went higher on the 5 for the wrong reason, but she was lucky that she did!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 11:02:17 PM »
My thought about the show: I loved seeing Buy or Sell sixth.  However, I thought it was fairly challenging compared to a lot of playings.  I don't like it, though, when it's set up so that getting one price right or wrong determines the entire outcome of the game.  That just bugs me.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »
Is it because it makes Buy or Sell too easy Daniels?  I'm honestly confused, because I don't see how any clear-thinking person would've even considered buying the popcorn machine.  The only reason Josette lost was because she didn't understand what she was supposed to be doing in the first place.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 11:55:57 AM »
I guess I just remembered seeing what I had previously thought was a way-more-expensive-than-I-would-have-guessed Popcorn Cart in some previous show, and I couldn't remember *just* how expensive it was.  The price certainly looked high, but I would have at least considered buying because there was one some time back that blew me away with how expensive it was.

That said, my other comment (about not liking it when getting one right makes or breaks the game) is more of a general comment rather than a specific one about this playing.  My original thought was that it makes the other two irrelevant (i.e. you could miss 2 out of 3 and still win), but I guess that's not entirely true, given that you win any money that you make.

-David

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »
Spelling Bee-Yay, my favorite pricing game!  Although it's a shame it was lost--those SPs were tough.

Easy as 1 2 3-Someone representing Alabama, yeah!

Hit Me-Someone actually knows how to play this game!  Unbelievable.  Great win.

Dice Game-Wow, luck was on her side today.  Or maybe she was following tradition in this game.  Nearly every time I have seen this game, the 4th number has been a 6.  Good job either way.

Buy or Sell-The only one that confused me was the dinette set.
All Hail Sinfonia!