Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/21/2006  (Read 19900 times)

Offline sullim4

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/21/2006
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 01:08:46 AM »
I think we've been spoiled by the first three shows of the season.  They had quality contestants, excellent lineups, and were really exciting and interesting to watch.  Today wasn't so great in those regards.

My big beef with today's show was that Bob and Rich seemed out of sync with one another, particularly during Half Off.  Bob was reaching for Rich's name and Rich was just reading copy as if he was on the radio instead of actually acknowledging Bob's presence.  OTOH, Bob and Roger have a lot of good banter going back and forth and I think we've seen Roger on camera every single show this season.  I'd like to see more of that sort of small talk between Bob and Rich.

And I have to disagree with Heels.  Today's contestants were flat-out annoying.  The contestants who played Bonkers and Any Number seemed to be going out of their way to be that way.  Rochelle was probably the best of the day - it wasn't her fault that Bob asked her whether she's been to Boston and the Bahamas.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 01:12:38 AM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
The regular ticket plug is only done on Wednesdays now, and for some reason, it got edited out this week.

Explains the sudden cutoff in yesterday's Showcase Showdown.  

By the way, was anything switched around (no pun intended!) for today's lineup?  I still find seeing two 2Ps a bit strange.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »
1/2 Off: The SP part was pretty rough for me. After some thought, I figured that making the choice between the teapot and the frog themos in required a little extra thinking sprinkled with some common sense. The thermos doesn't look $40, but no way would that teapot cost $98.

And I was half expecting the loot to be in box #14. Roger seems to like hiding it in there. Hi, Roger! Ooops, Bonkers is 5th today.

When Rich began describing the salad shooter, the audio went out, and didn't return until halfway thru Any Number. Thank goodness for Closed Captioning.

Any Number: Oink, Oink!

Switch?: I would've switched, and lost. Distance trumped border crossing here.

Showcase Showdown #1: I get worried about somebody touching or grabbing the Big Wheel while it's spinning, especially when there's a hyper contestant standing right by it. And here it sorta happens, twice.

Let 'em Roll: I thought the Theragesic was going to  be higher than #3.99. That's what I get for not paying attention in the store.

Bonkers: Nolan was poerfect for the game with all the energy he had. I think he was just about to make it LHHH when time ran out and he put it back to HLHH. This is one game where you have to tune out the peanut gallery and just run, place, place, place, place, run, press, wash, rinse, repeat. Race Game is another. As it is, consulting the crowd cost Nolan the 2-3 extra seconds he would've needed to win, not to mention it annoyed me.

IUFB#6: Can this be considered outdumbing your fellow contestant? Sorta?

Showcases: I had $20,000 on Spencer's showcase, and $29,000 on Rochelle's "Pinball?" showcase. She grated on me with that, BTW. And the FRT is back, and got me lowballing badly, as usual.

Average show, with a few fun moments tossed in as always.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »
Let 'em Roll: Bob mentions that 'the aunt of the lady that won our very first car is in the audience.'

My goodness...Hello, Connie's Aunt!

Not much else to say, really. Sorry.
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 02:48:46 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

½ Off -- 4:40
Any Number -- 2:31
Switch? -- 2:10
Let 'em Roll -- 3:24
Bonkers -- 2:15
Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:35

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »
For whatever reason, Spencer looked a bit like Steve Carrell... :-?

It's no wonder that we had the second "Weak Spin" today...the spinner only gave it a one-armed effort.  :-(

The $3.67 in the Piggy was rounded up to an even $4 for the scoreboard...